Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Questions for Devstream 5

Why don't we have a patch yet? It's the end of the month.

Prove me wrong! 

*giggles*

Can I_Pass_Butter show up in the stream's cam and get cheered? The fans need to see their hero =D

You spoke about Incursion modes and then you spoke about incursion maps in the last devstream, are they new maps or simply modded existing maps with the "incursion mode", if so which are the maps getting modded? 
And while still on the matter what exactly in what aspect is the difficulty increased in that mode?

While you have indeed mentioned that you're not into social features, is there any interest in adding a friends list? (probably upgrade-able with premium currency? we all strugle with the steam's friend list limit).

Can we get a console command or INI tweak to change the FOV, please? The default FOV is so narrow it's making my head and eyes hurt. (Note: It goes without saying that we'd expect to have a FOV slider in the actual GUI, at some point. But for now, all we're asking for is the correct console command or INI tweak that will allow us to change it, which I'm almost sure is possible.)

See this post for more details: https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/116470/way-to-change-fov-or-what-getting-to-the-point-i-cant-play-anymore

Are we gonna get achievements show up as trophies in tavern like in dd1 and are we gonna get a ability to customize our taverns?

Will we get any player-generated influence polls in the future? Examples I would submit:

Should hero decks remain? Should game-interrupting victory screens be kept?

Reason: Influence measures how much a(n) feature/issue affects each player voting. When the incursions were being voted on I put down several points for my choice, not all but several, because I wanted one option over the other. All the others have been a single point because I couldn't care any less which won the vote.

Are there any plans on improving the hero deck? The way it is the deck feels like a horrible limitation that offers nothing in return, are there any thoughts on hero deck leveling and prestige to the near future to allow players to test those features?

When can we expect the Training Dummy to get changed like it was discussed in the previous livestream?  Currently I am mainly using it as a mascot cheering on my turrets from behind the lines but it would be great if the Dummy was actually useful. 

Question:
Given that most players have reached 25++ and are grinding all day; when can we expect new content?

(Note: I'm sure incursions/boss waves will be cool for a few hours, however ultimately, it will be just as easy for most people after the first few games. I mean a survival mode or something that can be played 24/7 for those of us that want to keep playing way past what DD2 intends us to.) I've played this about 100h and unless there's a major major "quick fix" in content/difficulty, I think I'm gonna take a break for a year or so.

When are we getting the 'Number of Projectiles' stat? I really loved this in DD1 simply because of how much more awesome it is to shoot five projectiles instead of one.

Is the Huntress going to be getting more weapon types such as Cannons, Crossbows, Guns etc like in the first game?

So far all I've seen is bows and an occasional seahorse with a string attached to it.

@radosinec quote:

when will hero DPS/ability power chars be stronger than a single tower?

I completely agree with radosinec. (I hope they pronounce that correctly on the stream). 

A DPS Huntress feels underwhelming. They don't make much of an impact on the game compared to others.

What are your thoughts in this Trendy? 

I've noticed that there are boss mechanics in this game which kinda implies that this element will be explored further. Is there any chance that there will be a Smash Tvesque map where players get to choose between 2-3 rooms as they succeed to meet many different types/styles of bosses? I feel like this would give Hero Builds an opportunity to shine, you know, through Boss heavy maps.

This type of map would also dissuade Tower Builds because players are moving from room to room each successive Round. Though you could use Towers, they would just have to be auto-refunded for X amount after each encounter.

Might be a question for the future Dev stream but will there be a reroll of some stats like the exp stats on lvl 25 items they mentioned in the Dev stream 4? It sounds like that will be removed from future items but curious about previously collected items as I remember reading re rolling or changing specific stats on past drops was possible from the Dev side

Hey buddy! Not sure if it helps but I'm doing about 6k criticals on my dps huntress at the moment. Not as high as some towers but the attack speed is pretty high

@Dr Quacker quote:

@radosinec quote:

when will hero DPS/ability power chars be stronger than a single tower?

I completely agree with radosinec. (I hope they pronounce that correctly on the stream). 

A DPS Huntress feels underwhelming. They don't make much of an impact on the game compared to others.

What are your thoughts in this Trendy? 

Glad people are already hitting up on the whole hero builds being underwhelming. (a nice way to put it) I have been trying to take my huntress into public groups and just give my build mana to others as I am playing a hero build, but sometimes I can barely hold my own lane, much less help others. I realize that you want to keep things balanced and that this is a tower defense game, but I would love to be able to play a hero build in a group. Is this something that you guys, as a company, are interested in supporting?

Just making sure this is seen:  Our next Devstream will be January 30 at 5PM EST. We will be at PAX South this week, so we won't be able to host a Devstream until then. 

Keep the questions coming!