Marketplace to Exchange Items with other Players

The marketplace idea was originally seen from Kungumaster in a comment contained in another thread.
First of all, I want to ask you how many times you have bought an item from the tavern shops. If you have, how long did you use that item. The tavern shops carry over from DD1, but they really serve no purpose but looking cool, since the gear in them is always outclassed by drops you find in levels.
Most MMOs have a marketplace feature that allows players to put up their gear or other items and list them at a price, or set up a bid for them. If we replaced the tavern shops with this, players would actually be able to shop. Also, this would add some value to the countless legendaries in 25++ that we receive everyday and just sell for cash. As the saying goes, one man's junk is another man's treasure!
What do you guys think? Please add your thoughts and ideas below because I really feel that DD2 needs something like this!

This has been talken about so many times. We need better ways to trade, but (correct me if I'm wrong) what you suggest is pretty much an ordinary auctionhouse. 

Just look how 'good' it worked on diablo3. We simply need the old server list so we can create shops again.

A dev said this a while ago about the trade: 

- That's going to be a late addition to the game. Focused on making loot enjoyable to find/collect right now. The feedback we'd receive from loot would be totally different if players could trade it off.´´´

Also in some streams they said they didn't want to happen what happened to diablo 3 so there will more thoughts put into the trading system.

The "trading" they are trying to prevent isn't trading at all, it is giving items to lower level players which would ruin the power curve of the game. That is the reason trendy said trading will not be added until they find a solution to this. My proposed solution is a market, or "auction house," where players will bid on items they want. This would solve the problem because lower level players would not be able to acquire these pricey items.

@rahcknab quote:

This has been talken about so many times. We need better ways to trade, but (correct me if I'm wrong) what you suggest is pretty much an ordinary auctionhouse. 

Just look how 'good' it worked on diablo3. We simply need the old server list so we can create shops again.

This has not been talked about at all. Trading has been talked about. This is not trading, it is bidding.

Sry, but there has been threads about trading and bidding.  The big problem with marketplaces is that it will always end up the same way. People are lazy so they will prefer to buy stuff instead of having to work for it. 

So they will start farming gold. Some by just grinding, other by selling stuff them self. After a while the Market will be flooded with gear and gold. As people get better and better equipment the prices will fall and fall, as people will be faster at grinding as any delevoper could ever bring up new contest. 

Here is where the problems starts: After a while new people won't try to find anything. Instead they will just buy decent gear for leveling and grinding, because the mass of all players will always find better loot that anyone could find on their own and prices get so low even for great gear that they will be able to faceroll almost everything, while the best items get so expensive that new players and those with not as much time to play will never be able to even be close to getting them simply because money and gear that isn't ultra rare will be worthless at that time. 

yeah, i am really afraid that Diablo 3 AH is coming back...

the dd1 solution was kinda ok where people opened shops and you'd have to spend a lot of time going from shop server to shop server to find decent gear...

the only solution of overpowered auction houses i can think of is increasing lvl range really often cause this way no one would spend a fortune for a good item when he knews that next month the lvl incresed and the item wont be good anymore... this way the auction house would be good to help out lower lvl players to get better gear and make the progress easier but wont end up in a have to go to for high lvl players... <- but this solution would make balancing a pain cause with new lvl range also new difficulty would be needet -.-

im very interested in what solution trendy comes up with regarding to trading... im afraid there cant really be a perfect solution...

i liked the idea someone postet in another thread to make a Diablo 3 like - reroll one item stat what would help getting the right stats on your items and reduce the need of trading...
but then id also like to be able to help out my friends with some items i dont need anymore...

lots of thinking and trying will be needed to get a decent working trading system going which wont limit the players possibilities...

another solution coming to my mind is a 24h item binding so that you can trade your item in between the next 24h with anyone but afterwards its bind to your account... so you can call your friends and tell them to come online to give it to them or sell it over a market system or what so ever but wont have any farming bots cause it wont really pay out like id does in other games... <- i think that could actually work

• 1 year later...

@EdgedSurf quote:

What if they just dont allow players to trade items out of their level range.

Not super workable, since you can powerlevel a person to max level in a couple hours if you're not working hard at it.

OMG I have so many drops I just sell because I don't use them. I've sold some pretty legit pieces simply because they don't match my builds. I also feel the shop should match your current I Power.

• 3 weeks later...

this is just an idea... how about instead of a main shop or just little shops we have just trades... but this is the difference. because of the power level items have to have the infrastructure to have a cap or equally trade-able items. for ext. you have a trade interface and one item has a power level of... lets say around 300... the other person with have to get within a 10 level cap to be able to trade... (sorry I should of worded it better) so you can trade with a process of preventing low level items having equal value to higher tiered items..

• 4 months later...