Suggestion: Long ranged Earth Anti-tower Enemy Type

Now theres 2 ways I was thinking of making this work.  My original thoughts were of like a tiny goblin wearing like a funny little jumpsuit and goggles while riding a contraption similar to the size of a large ATV. It would be a very steam punk locomotive with 4 wheels and on the front of would be what i would consider a large jack hammer. The large jack hammer would hit the ground and send a long pulse at extend range towards closest tower. It would have a good size aoe Earthquake effect .

Or to make it simpler, it could simply be a type of mage caster, sending an earthquake in the same exact manner. The extended range is to make sure that normal towers , even with extended range wouldnt be able to take him/her out and the heroes would be forced to seek the enemy out.

What do you guys think?

./Discuss

The details of the suggestion I'm not a fan of, but having an enemy with range comparable to the Earthshatter would be a good late-game addition IMO.

Although it makes me laugh seeing this suggestion right next to "Javelin Throwers are OP" thread.  Hehe.

Again, heroes should be needed to go and aid lanes, but not because of mobs like this.

I want to go: "crap, lane X is having a double ogre/special mob/increased spawns, better go help out the guy defending the lane".

Not be bound 24/7 to the same lane because mobs with insane range keep picking at my towers. Plus, the long range mobs are a pain for your walls, since they are usually in front of your towers, increasing the range between them even more when the mobs attack the wall.