Sign in to follow this  
Averruncus

When we will see nightmare mode in dd2 ?

I really hope they don't, or at least not in the same manor that they did in DD1.  With the exception of a few classes (namely jester, barbarian, robot) it seemed like any sort of hero attacking was quaint, out of date, and useless.  I liked my monk, but come nightmare it was throw on the genie, spam ranged attacks and keep up tower buff aura.  Will they?  Maybe.  But I really really hope that if they do go another nightmare route that they revamp it from what it was in DD1. 

Recall that, even if you are comparing to DD1 or DDE, Nightmare Mode wasn't released until the official release had been going for quite a long time.  This means the style of Nightmare Mode you're thinking of isn't even something we will see until sometime 2016.

And that's if we see it at all.  DD2 has proven to not be directly copying all of the old features, so they might take this in yet another direction as well.  However, a "new direction similar to NM" still won't be anytime soon, they have a simpler difficulty to release first, similar to the "Insane" we're used to.  Might even simply be "Insane".

@Lanie quote:

Recall that, even if you are comparing to DD1 or DDE, Nightmare Mode wasn't released until the official release had been going for quite a long time.  This means the style of Nightmare Mode you're thinking of isn't even something we will see until sometime 2016.

And that's if we see it at all.  DD2 has proven to not be directly copying all of the old features, so they might take this in yet another direction as well.  However, a "new direction similar to NM" still won't be anytime soon, they have a simpler difficulty to release first, similar to the "Insane" we're used to.  Might even simply be "Insane".

To add to that, the original nightmare mode wasn't nearly as hard as it is today. There were no ogre spawns on wave 1, and it was back when there were only 4 classes (and the opposite gender counterparts, of course). You used to be able to do wave 1 endless spires gearless, grab the loot from the wave 2 chests then restart/repeat. It wasn't that insanely difficult once you figured it out.

We plan to have multiple difficulty levels in Dungeon Defenders II. We aren’t sure what we will call them yet though. We are also looking at different ways we can introduce interesting challenges to the game.