Sign in to follow this  
321Leviathan

Game is too hard

Is it just me, or is winning a game once you reach lvl 10 super difficult. I don't think i've even won any since lvl 10, and i'm playing with 3-4 players each time.

Is anyone winning? If you are, how? Or is this game just supposed to be hard Half the games i've played have been on hard, but even on normal, it's still hard, always getting defeated on wave 4-5.

My guess is that your teams are probably more likely the reason for your failures than the actual difficulty of the game. Most likely people building whatever they want, building tons of weak towers instead of upgrading a couple, wasting defense units, poor tower placement, no knowledge of combos, etc.

What Kamekaze said.  I haven't done any 10-15 maps recently, but you should be trying the "normal" difficulty maps before the "hard" ones.  Normal is "normal for this level bracket" and is not the same as the "normal for the last time you saw this map."

The last time I played a 10-15 I found them more challenging than the prior sets, but still winnable.  Of course, that was either solo or with people who actually play (there's rumor of people AFKing maps and not giving mana) and play intelligently (that is, both utilizing map features, helping each other, and following the no-nonsense tips I've compiled--which I should note is learned behavior from experience, not from having watched my guide).

@Draco18s quote:

What Kamekaze said.  I haven't done any 10-15 maps recently, but you should be trying the "normal" difficulty maps before the "hard" ones.  Normal is "normal for this level bracket" and is not the same as the "normal for the last time you saw this map."

The last time I played a 10-15 I found them more challenging than the prior sets, but still winnable.  Of course, that was either solo or with people who actually play (there's rumor of people AFKing maps and not giving mana) and play intelligently (that is, both utilizing map features, helping each other, and following the no-nonsense tips I've compiled--which I should note is learned behavior from experience, not from having watched my guide).

It could be my team, it seems rare when there is someone who knows what they're doing, and there is the occasional afker. Also, i'm not always the host of the games I play so the host could be setting the difficulty to normal, or hard, I really don't know.

Ironically, the 10-15 bracket, on hard, with level appropriate gear, is probably the hardest thing this game has to offer right now.  The main reason is because of how little green mana you get at that level, making it very hard to deal with ranged enemies since you can't upgrade your towers to out-range them until about wave 3.  So you have to use auras/traps to kill the ranged enemies, which is something you don't have to do after level 15, once green mana becomes more plentiful.  

@321Leviathan quote:It could be my team, it seems rare when there is someone who knows what they're doing, and there is the occasional afker. Also, i'm not always the host of the games I play so the host could be setting the difficulty to normal, or hard, I really don't know.

The wave indicator has an eyeball for "Normal" and an eyeball with tentacles for "Hard"

I personally think that a lot of people experience failure because they want to try to approach dd2 the same as they did dd1. once you get acquainted with the differences you learn how to manipulate the game to your advantage, and then it becomes much easier.

Well, to be honest, i think the game is too easy, the only failiures i have had, is when i played with other players, when i soloed or reached lvl 25, i've never lost a game :)

I'd say 10-15 is a bit more difficult as they introduce a bunch of new enemies.  Nonetheless, if you don't win in a game of 4 your team should be the issue.  Soloing might be a bit different because all stages involve some split defence (unless of course you decide not to defend any of the sub-cores) and you can't be everywhere to take care of the stuff all at once.  It is still doable without epic/myth gears if you know a bit about combos though, so try harder.

Actually, it now seems to just be the map.

Ramparts is easy on normal or hard, just spam defenses around the core and upgrade them and you're good.

But maps like nimbus beach are impossible, I swear winning on that map is impossible.

@Hoikkart quote:

Its not impossible though, me and my friend farmed that map (nimbus reach) with monk and wizard quite easily.

Im currently farming it with Squire and monk.
But yeah, they should add some harder difficulties soon, since i think that hard, is not that hard after all :)

@321Leviathan quote:But maps like nimbus beach are impossible, I swear winning on that map is impossible.

I have won Nimbus with a team.  A (working) skyguard tower is very valuable at defending against wyverns.  Utilizing the map traps on the lanes that have it is also very useful: build barricades right up against the edge of the kill zone so groups cluster up, then hit them all for oodles of damage.

Doing that map solo is the only part I can't figure out how to do yet.  There's not enough visibility from the top of the ruins to some of the lanes (squire, of course, having no ranged attack pretty much would have to turtle several lanes with towers, then himself take care of a lane by himself).

@Draco18s quote:
@321Leviathan quote:But maps like nimbus beach are impossible, I swear winning on that map is impossible.

I have won Nimbus with a team.  A (working) skyguard tower is very valuable at defending against wyverns.  Utilizing the map traps on the lanes that have it is also very useful: build barricades right up against the edge of the kill zone so groups cluster up, then hit them all for oodles of damage.

Doing that map solo is the only part I can't figure out how to do yet.  There's not enough visibility from the top of the ruins to some of the lanes (squire, of course, having no ranged attack pretty much would have to turtle several lanes with towers, then himself take care of a lane by himself).

well, i have soloed it like 8 times, without SKyguard tower, only squire ballista and cannons, and ofc boost aura, just that hard, it needs some planning, and preparation :)
no blockades, i've never used blockades, the game is too easy, even without blockades, because the blockades is like glass, right now, better to save that mana, and get more upgraded towers instead :)

[[1771,hashtags]]

I've been specing my squire for defense (started a while back to see if a tank-squire was even viable) so his barricades are pretty sturdy.

I would say that this game is harder than dd1 was at lower levels, and it's not as PUG friendly in that "Well I got 3 random people and let's all just place down whatever we want whenever we want and we can faceroll this like dd1."  I've only had 30% chance of winning with PUGs, but when playing with my brother and friend, all of whom coordiante "okay I will put down my buff aura here if you put the towers on the back half of it, my brother will put mines on the front half of it," etc....When we play together it's usually closer to a 95% win chance.  So I will admit that the game is harder, but I actually kinda like the fact that it does require true teamwork and not faceroll easy sause mode with any random group of people would don't bother trying to work together.

@Rhata quote:

I've only had 30% chance of winning with PUGs, but when playing with my brother and friend, all of whom coordiante "okay I will put down my buff aura here if you put the towers on the back half of it, my brother will put mines on the front half of it," etc....When we play together it's usually closer to a 95% win chance.

That's what it seems to be, when I get put into a group that communicates we can usually win, still, it depends on the map. There are some maps that it seems no one has a real strategy for.

Many public groups are filled with people that need help learning the game. If someone sounds like they know what they are doing try to help them. Bring them mana and watch how they play the map. It really is pretty easy to do but for some reason a massive % of players try tactics that I cant understand why they think it would work. Trust me there are a ton of ways to win with every class on every map at every difficulty. Just keep experimenting and watching others for suggestions

I find this game to be very easy.  Even when leveling with terrible towers.  Watching how people build is probably the best option right now to see how to become better.

nibus reach etc. is an easy map to beat. 2 towers (i switch between apprentice towers and squire towers depending on what the lane is resistent to), two lightning auras, and a barricade in each lane. Put an anti air turret by the two cores on the edges and you win. that's also the setup i use for every map and it seems to win. I agree that the game is too  easy on the harder difficulties. When you don't really notice a difficulty difference between normal throne room and hard throne room, it definitely feels really easy.

The game was difficult to an extent for My friend and I, until we realized and learned the concept of Range/Quality is greater then Quantity. this concept still kinda throws me off, but we're able to farm any and every level with little difficulty because of it. Just know your combos, spec accordingly to improve your tower effects, and either lead your team, or make sure your team leader knows what they're doing. Good luck!

Side Note: Yeah to me the harder difficulties should be Kinda like: Hey!, you need more towers... your normal set up isn't going to cut it cupcake, build more and you'll be able to kill these things(which will give you more mana to build and use abilities with), (The levels should have either Less Defensive units, more mobs+ with more hp for the mobs, + that hit harder, +Immune to some effects, or a combination of these)

@M1rr0rsedge quote:

Side Note: Yeah to me the harder difficulties should be Kinda like: Hey!, you need more towers... your normal set up isn't going to cut it cupcake, build more and you'll be able to kill these things(which will give you more mana to build and use abilities with), (The levels should have either Less Defensive units, more mobs+ with more hp for the mobs, + that hit harder, +Immune to some effects, or a combination of these)

I agree completely.  I've seen people set up a total of 4 towers +2 boosts.  I do not think the game was intended to be played that way :P

@thelistogaming quote:I agree completely.  I've seen people set up a total of 4 towers +2 boosts.  I do not think the game was intended to be played that way :P

AFAIK, its not.  Its just not balanced yet.