Sign in to follow this  
Angrycircle

Remove This Entry Tavern - Bring back Lobby List (DD1)

@happyguy3216 quote:

I feel the best solution to this is to have a default social hub thing but just give us the option to create private taverns with friends because me personally, have a set group a friends that I play with and going through a social hub is kind of annoying when we want to talk to each other in game without people all over the place in our buisness. Also, We should just be able to set a specific level range for the level within the tavern instead of having to leave the tavern and joining another for that level range... It honestly makes more sense to just be able to click on a check mark for that level range instead of having to completely reform a tavern to change that level range.

This...

The social hub is a terrible idea. I agree, make it so we can just select the level range for the maps without having to load into another tavern to go to another tavern. Come on why cant anyone see that this is totally pointless. An act just to stop people power leveling. Who cares if they help a friend to level? Its another person "probably going to buy your ingame items" Just let it happen already.

@happyguy3216 quote:

I feel the best solution to this is to have a default social hub thing but just give us the option to create private taverns with friends because me personally, have a set group a friends that I play with and going through a social hub is kind of annoying when we want to talk to each other in game without people all over the place in our buisness. Also, We should just be able to set a specific level range for the level within the tavern instead of having to leave the tavern and joining another for that level range... It honestly makes more sense to just be able to click on a check mark for that level range instead of having to completely reform a tavern to change that level range.

There will definitely be a possibility of creating a private tavern no matter what system they're going to implement.

@jako3578 quote:

@happyguy3216 quote:

There will definitely be a possibility of creating a private tavern no matter what system they're going to implement.

Either way, if they make me join a damn tavern just to make a private tavern. Im going to flip. Just silly.

@Angrycircle quote:

@jako3578 quote:

@happyguy3216 quote:

Either way, if they make me join a damn tavern just to make a private tavern. Im going to flip. Just silly.

Well, for now that's what's planned... But who knows, probably depends how many people don't like it.

DD1 has in my opinion the perfect system, which hooked me to the game in the first place. 

It is beyond me to understand why they dropped it to support what we got now. 

@ditoLoco quote:

DD1 has in my opinion the perfect system, which hooked me to the game in the first place. 

Again... It's still not finished.. Noone's supporting the way it is now, we all know it's a bit annoying... they're supporting what's coming, not what we got now. In fact, the hole matchmaking system should be changed... By the end of the month in the next content update? I think that's it...

@jako3578 quote:

@ditoLoco quote:

Again... It's still not finished.. Noone's supporting the way it is now, we all know it's a bit annoying... they're supporting what's coming, not what we got now. In fact, the hole matchmaking system should be changed... By the end of the month in the next content update? I think that's it...

Of course it is unfinished. It is just beyond my understanding why the worst matchmaking system has been kept to the early access and according to the last pre-christmas council meeting there hasn't been any intention to change it for now.

Actually this is causing very bad reputation - and especially during early access reputation is VERY important.

Well on yesterday's dev log we can see they are thinking and trading ideas about the current matchmaking system.

@Gutu quote:

Well on yesterday's dev log we can see they are thinking and trading ideas about the current matchmaking system.

Thanks for that. I totally missed the dev log.

This kind of *** really annoys me. When Devs are just not replying to jack crap on the forums.
Just give us your damn opinions.

Why are you being silly and doing this social hub? Just get rid of that idea. A server list is just by far a better system. Stops all the constant changing around taverns just to get a damn game.

Gees, really makes me angry that they leave us with this.

Why is it so hard for a company to set a couple people to scout the forums and talk on their behalf. This always leads to bad decisions by devs. Leading to pissed off customers.

@Angrycircle quote:

This kind of *** really annoys me. When Devs are just not replying to jack crap on the forums.

Why are you being silly and doing this social hub? Just get rid of that idea. A server list is just by far a better system. Stops all the constant changing around taverns just to get a damn game.

Why is it so hard for a company to set a couple people to scout the forums and talk on their behalf. This always leads to bad decisions by devs. Leading to pissed off customers.

They do reply every now and then, a lot of devs, specially josh who's the community manager, but there's a lot he does... it's one of the more active dev team i ever saw in a game, i mean have you been in the streams, and in the council meetings on skype? :o 

Going to wait for the update before I go on another rant on this

Edit; Well Gutu, and the person you quoted, did not read the name. There have been quite a lot of feedback on this topic and surprisingly little response of importance. However they seem pretty firmly decided on the system as a whole. So why not give us their opinions and more in depth info why they think the current system is good.

They want us to influence, we have and will. But there are certain topics they just plainly ignore. That I do not like. I do not care if their view on X is the total opposite of mine or the small community that is the council. But atleast explaining, this is why we want X and not Y, would go  a long way. 

@PandynatorDD quote:

Going to wait for the update before I go on another rant on this

Edit; Well Gutu, and the person you quoted, did not read the name. There have been quite a lot of feedback on this topic and surprisingly little response of importance. However they seem pretty firmly decided on the system as a whole. So why not give us their opinions and more in depth info why they think the current system is good.

They want us to influence, we have and will. But there are certain topics they just plainly ignore. That I do not like. I do not care if their view on X is the total opposite of mine or the small community that is the council. But atleast explaining, this is why we want X and not Y, would go  a long way. 

They didn't ignore anything, they read this as feedback, they're not "against it" but they don't think it will be better for the game, however coming here and placing down an idea it would be pretty bad of them, 'cause they might actually change to add the server list, if you want an exact answer, ask an exact question, on next stream, or even on the dev log thread ask them why. And if possible they will answer.

They will do what the community wants, if their idea is X, unless the majority of the community shows that they want changed like the armor a while ago.

Changes happens if:

- A huge part of the community shows that it needs to be changed.

- Small mentions here and there that got the devs interest and they find it to be fit for the game.

So the deal here, is why hasn't trendy implemented this, but rather why isn't the rest of the community manifesting this issue on their own? 

Now if to every suggestion, the dev team tries to put it down then people would some follow the devs ideas and be influenced by it instead or stop trying to get it because the devs are against it, which they exactly aren't against anything, but they have things in their mind of what does or not benefit the game, and that's what they follow.

I'm all up for this being changed but it's not up to a small part of the community to decide what's right for the game, we need more people with us, or at least succeed in showing why this is better for the game to those who see it the same way we do.

@Angrycircle quote:

Not everyone has your opinion, maybe that's why they don't just change their plans after you tell them to...

Also, they need to wait and see what lots of us think. They can't react on the first couple of opinions, maybe they're gonna do an influence poll or something instead, otherwise they'll probably just wait and see what everyone thinks.

@jako3578 quote:

@Angrycircle quote:

Not everyone has your opinion, maybe that's why they don't just change their plans after you tell them to...

Also, they need to wait and see what lots of us think. They can't react on the first couple of opinions, maybe they're gonna do an influence poll or something instead, otherwise they'll probably just wait and see what everyone thinks.

Yeah im just mad, gets annoying this tavern switching. So just take this as an opinion.

I have messaged them to make an influenece poll. No response.

@Angrycircle quote:

@jako3578 quote:

@Angrycircle quote:

Yeah im just mad, gets annoying this tavern switching. So just take this as an opinion.

I have messaged them to make an influenece poll. No response.

They're probably bussy... But yea, would be an interesting influence poll.

The Entry Tavern and Level specific Taverns are a great idea.

However I feel the entry tavern is hated due to the length of time it takes to apparently look for a session to join. This is one of my biggest concerns, I like them both, but there needs to be a more flawless finish between switching to them.

How about keeping the social tavern, but changing the war recruiter to opening up a server list type of thing, with options similar to the old system. Also, private taverns could be customizable down the road. (So you can show off loot and such). Maybe a room that you could customize. 

@phantoml25 quote:

How about keeping the social tavern, but changing the war recruiter to opening up a server list type of thing, with options similar to the old system. Also, private taverns could be customizable down the road. (So you can show off loot and such). Maybe a room that you could customize. 

A server list system has been suggested several times before, and i'm quite sure they've said that they're going for a matchmaking system instead, so that won't really be an oportunity. Also, this is a pretty old thread where people discussed the entry tavern, not the social tavern. The entry tavern is what was there before the social tavern got in the game in the last update.. 

@jako3578 quote:

@phantoml25 quote:

A server list system has been suggested several times before, and i'm quite sure they've said that they're going for a matchmaking system instead, so that won't really be an oportunity. Also, this is a pretty old thread where people discussed the entry tavern, not the social tavern. The entry tavern is what was there before the social tavern got in the game in the last update.. 

Isom did say that, they want to get the matchmaking system right first (you can understand that the server list would most likely come in the way of the matchmaking feedback, specially if it's broken, people would simply stop using it instead of providing gold feedback on what to change). There are no plans for the Server List for the moment, but they did say it's not an option off the table, so i would guess it's something they will be giving more thoughts after the matchmaking is in a place they'd call suitable for the game.

This is why our feedback is awesome, and i really appreciate the support everyone shows in here, is great to see people who feel the same way, who don't want to stick with the simpleness of a matchmaking system alone.

Unfortunately they have said they have no intentions of having a server list. They plan to expand on the current Matchmaking system instead.

Personally I hate it, but what are you gonna do?

this is still needed. trendy listen plox.

Your matchmaking no matter what you do with it will always be flawed. Oh you make it so that if you leave a server you wont join it again. What if i was kicked by host(bug) now you can't join that awesome game again. You want to join a 25+++ incursion that got some decent item power and build. but you can't because you are literally randomized between all the games that don't have 4 people and you have no idea what any of their item power is.

where a server list with itempower avg  and top beside it would fix that. where as matchmaking is impossible to fix that except making it ask if you want to join this game with such itempower. then you go into another problem. You wanted to join that game but the server already let another guy in and now that party is full. Sure serverlist has the same problem that server don't refresh every second but here you got an overview instead of a single instance.