Sign in to follow this  
suwesh

tavern minigames

the tavern is huge and it would be cool if there were some minigames you can unlock/buy...would be win if there was a DD themed pinball machine in there that you can play or duck hunt 0.0 , would be something to do while waiting for friends or just if you needed a break from the gear grind. 

I guess there could be highscores and stuff so ppl can see who got higher, maybe once in a while they could throw in a cosmetic or one time boost for your next map or something. I know this isn't really part of the real game so it would be the last priority but I love it when games add those extra side things to put the game over the top. 

I would have the minigames give out trophies and  stuff to clutter the tavern with , cause who cant use a million more trophies on top of whatever they will add from the main game hehe...

Maybe the community could make their own little tournaments with these minigames, im sure ppl can come up with a lot more of these types of mini games.

what other minigames would you guys add?

pinball and bowling would be awesome...if they managed to do a duck hunt type thing I would die from happiness (everytime you miss a shot a goblin pops up and laughs at you ) 

air hockey maybe?

Board Game type things. Checkers, maybe even a board game from Eternia that is new to us. We could make a bit of cash in our adventure downtime with card games like poker and black jack. Speaking of gambling, we could even have slot machines or something. What about a stuffed animal claw for items? Those are my thoughts.

@McMonigle quote:

Board Game type things. Checkers, maybe even a board game from Eternia that is new to us. We could make a bit of cash in our adventure downtime with card games like poker and black jack. Speaking of gambling, we could even have slot machines or something. What about a stuffed animal claw for items? Those are my thoughts.

going fit in a whole carnival into the tavern...add some cotton candy and im in

@McMonigle quote:

why does that suggest to me there should be a claw machine with PETS

I agree, mini-games always add an extra layer to a game provided they are implemented right and not tacked on. I would be a fan of a triple triad style mini-game myself.

Acquiring Cards

• Dropped by mobs on maps
  • Similar rarity grades as equipment
  • Some low quality cards purchasable from NPC

Playing

• You can play vs. NPCs in the tavern (such as the Old Man)
  • You can vs. other players that are in your tavern
  • Playing NPCs can cost a small fee to add an additional gold sink

Rewards

• Card from the losers deck
  • Chance at random loot when playing with NPCs
  • Pets, Equipment, EXP / Drop Boosts, Etc.
  • Achievements / Titles

card game is always a popular way to go, might be more than a mini game though.  Achievements and titles would be great for the mini games.

Fix that prob with making a lobby for minigames only, like where you choose the level range there could be a place for mini games, where random people and friend could join together and play. that way it wont interfere with the main game. :)

@rahcknab quote:

+1 for Card games, but this way even more public games will never start. 

well making it so you have to be in a different tavern to play games is counter productive. i think the point of the games was so you have something to do while people go trough their items and upgrade without leaving

Year, I mainly do that at the end of the game or in the main tavern. But I see ur point, there are many times where people use a lot of time in the upgradeing shop :)

@alexjorgensen52 quote:

well making it so you have to be in a different tavern to play games is counter productive. i think the point of the games was so you have something to do while people go trough their items and upgrade without leaving

yeah, using a ballista for a darts game (you knew its a tavern it belongs there)

getting arcane barriers for a pong game

or playing with a Spicke Blockade "Breakeout"

or even get a Plants vs Zombis adoption implementet or a angry birds style cannon shooter...

real problem with this idas is while someone is upping/selling stuff youre waiting - start a game, he is done and waiting for you cause you wanna break that high score...

@McMonigle quote:

i design board games from time to time...

Maybe i can come up with something :)

@lunee quote:

yeah, using a ballista for a darts game (you knew its a tavern it belongs there)

getting arcane barriers for a pong game

or playing with a Spicke Blockade "Breakeout"

or even get a Plants vs Zombis adoption implementet or a angry birds style cannon shooter...

real problem with this idas is while someone is upping/selling stuff youre waiting - start a game, he is done and waiting for you cause you wanna break that high score...

id play those for sure

like with everything , there is always ways to take something good and ruin it or abuse it but overall I think it would add to the game more than it hurts the game