Sign in to follow this  
nilath

Guys, I recommend you not to play with squire.

When you playing squire, the spec you can only focus is spike barricade. Seems the meaning of existence of squire is to defend something.

The problem is that the barricade is like a fragile glass. 2 bombs and 2 hammer attacks are enough to destroy your barricade.

Never play squire. Your squire spec is not well designed. I think the designer of this game has no idea how to make a balanced game.

I have a feeling you are putting little to no points into tower hp for one... and can assume you have not made it to level 25 or seen end game loot. You are making assumptions on a class and the designers(multiple, not just one) with little to no knowledge of the game.

So before you go trying to complain or tell other people how/what to play, how about you experience some more of the game and you will see how wrong you are. Squires are just fine at 25++ and my preferred solo class for farming, not that anyone uses the walls at that level but still.

P.S. The main problem with tower health while leveling is that your power and speed level up with you while the health falls behind, if you want to have your walls last longer then you need to stack hp to bring the levels up to your power/speed. It will become much easier. If you want to learn some more about the game as a whole, including the different classes I suggest checking out the videos HERE

Barricades are useless for now till the content gets harder (even then will probably still be useless) early game its fun as long as you upgrade your towers behind them to not be out of range of everything (or position lightning towers in a decent spot). also good to just build one and use repair on a final wave to hold ogre if your to lazy to kite, since you dont have to stand still or even near stuff you are upgrading/repairing.

It is pretty unfair that Squire doesn't have a spec for cannon towers. Apprentice has a spec for each of his useful towers: double shot flame, freeze chance, knock up chance. Yet all Squire has for "useful" specs is Powerful Spears, and it's not even very useful at all.

The only reason you use ballistas is to clear away the small mobs, mobs which would take too long for the cannon tower to kill. The cannon is there to take out the big mobs, the ogres, the dragons etc. The very mobs you use the ballista to kill (i.e all the goblins/throwers) die in a single hit anyway, and certainly 2 even at low stats. The opportunity for a 4 second proc to hit all mobs for max damage is rarely ever useful at all. Even not at max damage, goblins will still die in a single hit, and then the ballista is sat around idle waiting for the next mini-wave of mobs to come along, or it's needing to fire 5 times on a single Ogre that's left after all the rest died if you hadn't set up a cannon. In either case the proc does very little if not nothing. Let's also not forget that the proc is entirely dependant on your positioning of the ballista. If you've set it up somewhere where it can't usually hit multiple mobs, then it's even more useless. Then you may say "well you need to place them better," but often that means you need to sacrifice a potentially good location where you can hold multiple lanes at once, into needing to split things up. It can force you to waste DU (where you'd only need one camp of defences before, now you split them into 2 separate ones to get the best out of the mobs lining up. An example of this would be Throne Room, where in the common build of a ballista to the right side of the main core, it only rarely hits multiple mobs coming from the upper stairs), just to try and make the proc even the slightest bit useful.

The chance for the proc to ever be useful is so situational and essentially entirely random really. It all depends on the exact map you're on, the exact mob layout that's coming (there's a number of different layouts, mobs don't spawn the exact same every single time) and etc etc. It's so random that you could barely tell the difference if at all, in holding a lane whether you specced into Powerful Spears or not. It may have seemed like a nice idea on paper, and it is, and it does fit with the ballista theme, aimed at the piercing mechanic. But in reality when actually playing, it's so so weak, especially in comparison to other classes tower boosts.

When compared to Apprentice's specs, *especially* the flame tower, Squire is awful. A free chance for an extra shot? Hugely helpful in all situations and gives a definitive and large DPS boost, no matter the circumstance or the enemies that are coming. It's just simply more damage on a tower designed to do damage, end of. Chance to freeze an enemy with the possibility of the insta-kill shatter combo with all classes besides Monk? Very nice, and useful always. A CCing AoE knock-up on a very long range tower, so a mob can be CC'd a very long time total (and thus take more damage) before it gets to your defences, and has the shatter combo potential? Also very nice, and useful always. 3 good specs, all of them strong and all of them always useful. Squire's increase is tiny in terms of damage, and barely even finds a time to actually proc and for the proc to do anything.

I'm using Squire as my main builder right now as well, but spec-wise he's absolutely abysmal currently. Still, hero reworks are in progress, so we can't really complain about it now. It's a bit of a painful time at the moment for Squire specs, but it'll hopefully change down the road.

i feel the squire and monk specs are lacking. With squire i put most of my points in "fight me not" then slash away, they said they are going to be adding more specs but atm they are pretty bad i have gear to help that out like the cannon tower stuns on hit and my weapon has 10% lifesteal so i can stay in the fight longer. mostly though for all the work to get the squires last tower, i think its pretty useless.

I have characters to 20 now and I know it's not end game but I definitely feel like squire is pretty underpowered compared to the others. No cannon spec and a lot of skills that aren't as interesting or powerful. Barricades aren't balanced very well either, atleast at my level ranges.

[[5651,users]] quote:

I have characters to 20 now and I know it's not end game but I definitely feel like squire is pretty underpowered compared to the others. No cannon spec and a lot of skills that aren't as interesting or powerful. Barricades aren't balanced very well either, atleast at my level ranges.

Say that when you are 25

I can solo The Ramparts with 2 Harpoons = ) (Ballistas)

[[69279,users]] quote:

Mythos quote:

Say that when you are 25

I can solo The Ramparts with 2 Harpoons = ) (Ballistas)

What placement do you use for that? Right across from the door control?

You have already blamed the designers before knowing all the information. Blockades are just fine in 25++

This is a joke right? Lol. Squire has the most OP towers when combined with boost auras. Seriously, if you have played this game for one hour then don't make assumptions because people like me at 25++ can solo throne room hard mode with 4-6 ballistas and 2 boost auras. That's literally it. Please play the game some more. Also, if your using defenses, stop. That's not how you win in this game at the moment. The best defense is offense for right now!

Squire is in an awkward place, half of its kit is useless and the other half is really strong.

Barricade is next to useless along with the arcane one. They can barely take hits and you'll spend more mana trying to upgrade and repair them than it's worth. It's better to just build an extra offensive tower and kill whatever comes at you.

Cannons lack any benefits from the spec tree but combined with boost aura late on do crazy amounts of damage to anything that walks towards them.

Ballistas getting a fairly average upgrade from the spec tree that's great against a big pack but most things die quickly anyway so you gain very little from it.

Training dummy is getting replaced anyway so no point even mentioning it.

[[70406,users]] quote:

You have already blamed the designers before knowing all the information. Blockades are just fine in 25++

Maybe, but what about making them useful for lvl1-25 too ?? ;-)

I started my Squire as a builder but he ended as a heavy tank - really fun to play this way :-D -  just because Blockades weren't doing their job.

[[67815,users]] quote:

This is a joke right? Lol. Squire has the most OP towers when combined with boost auras. Seriously, if you have played this game for one hour then don't make assumptions because people like me at 25++ can solo throne room hard mode with 4-6 ballistas and 2 boost auras. That's literally it. Please play the game some more. Also, if your using defenses, stop. That's not how you win in this game at the moment. The best defense is offense for right now!

Yeah.. give some love to the Monk towers >_>