Sign in to follow this  
MrJTMoney99

Um Hello? DD2 F2P What Happend?

I'm quite the Dungeon Defenders Veteran here. I've been a part of dd scince it was released. I have it on my playstation, phone and lastly pc... With college in my life now i can not really be on as much as i would like. But i log in today to see dungeon defenders 2 released (yay right?) no not yay At all. 

Finally the game we were promised for almost 2 years now. Yet it costs money, AANND its 6 months late. Theres probably quite the excuse for this and im sure i'm going to here it but before you say anything. Why does it cost money to play? I thought because of the extensive dlc on dd1 that not only will dd2 be F2P but not pay to win, and all of the dlc will be free to dowload aswell. Now i know that Trendy Ent. Needs money to keep running and this is why they made dd-et. an almost exact replica of dd but for another 15 dollars. 

Yes me, you and any other loyal defenders bought this game to support the game we really wanted.... for free. 

I probably sound very annoying in this thread but I assure you if you have been waiting for this game as long as I have, you wouldnt find me so.

Guys what happened? Seriously?

As any other loyal defender was promised. I will play free dungeon defenders. But its not DD2 Its back to where it all started. DD1

Early Access -> pay for support -> F2P release

I also think it's stupid that they attach more importance to financial support, than bug reports and suggestions, but it is how it is. Well, they could make the 'pre-alpha' for free, and ask for donations separately, but it looks like that they don't do it like this... for some reason. 

I dont't wanna start any drama about why this game was delayed, but do some googling on trendy. Thankfully it seems the studio is focused and stable now.

[[35335,users]] quote:

I'm quite the Dungeon Defenders Veteran here. I've been a part of dd scince it was released. I have it on my playstation, phone and lastly pc... With college in my life now i can not really be on as much as i would like. But i log in today to see dungeon defenders 2 released (yay right?) no not yay At all. 

Finally the game we were promised for almost 2 years now. Yet it costs money, AANND its 6 months late. Theres probably quite the excuse for this and im sure i'm going to here it but before you say anything. Why does it cost money to play? I thought because of the extensive dlc on dd1 that not only will dd2 be F2P but not pay to win, and all of the dlc will be free to dowload aswell. Now i know that Trendy Ent. Needs money to keep running and this is why they made dd-et. an almost exact replica of dd but for another 15 dollars. 

Yes me, you and any other loyal defenders bought this game to support the game we really wanted.... for free. 

I probably sound very annoying in this thread but I assure you if you have been waiting for this game as long as I have, you wouldnt find me so.

Guys what happened? Seriously?

As any other loyal defender was promised. I will play free dungeon defenders. But its not DD2 Its back to where it all started. DD1

A couple of hours has passed since your post, and as frustrated as you sounded, I'm sure you investigated this by now and have determined why there is a cost associated with Dungeon Defenders 2 currently.  In case you didn't though, you're paying for early access to DD2 as well as a host of other benefits at official launch.  

I too spent a ton of time playing DD, 1768 hours according to Steam =D, and was equally excited as you were when you noticed DD 2 was on Steam.  That's where our stories change though.  Whereas you've taken the complaining about a cost being associated with your entertainment route, I jumped at the opportunity to continue to support a company that provided me with a game I spent almost nothing to play when you divide my total money spent by 1768 lol. If I get even half the time out of DD2 as I did DD, I'll pay less than 3 cents per hour to do something I thoroughly love doing.  

With the early access you actually gain $5 of in-game money. I get that the money goes towards the game so you aren't really gaining money...But I loved DD1 and am more than willing to dish out the $20 (sale when it came out) to support the devs. I am glad they delayed it, found out what they truly wanted to do, and let the community contribute. 

[[68412,users]] quote:

With the early access you actually gain $5 of in-game money. I get that the money goes towards the game so you aren't really gaining money...But I loved DD1 and am more than willing to dish out the $20 (sale when it came out) to support the devs. I am glad they delayed it, found out what they truly wanted to do, and let the community contribute. 

Ummm?

Dungeon Defenders II Early Access comes with: 

Early Access to Dungeon Defenders II 

$30 in-game currency 

Exclusive Hero Embellishment Set