Sign in to follow this  
Gutu

Server List

Likely the biggest reason they have not chosen to develop this is because they want to sort out their matchmaking first. If they add a feature like this then barely anyone would continue to test the matchmaking system.

This would be  an awesome addition to the game. Not getting thrown into a random map with players around my level by the current matchmaking system would be awesome. If I only have enough time for one game, I'd like to be able to chose the map and get to play with other players at the same time, rather than having to play solo or get thrown into a random game. (often times the game is halfway finished or more) Anyways, fantastic idea. +1

WE NEED IT. ITS SO NICE.

-Its better then the Server list from DD1.

-a Server list is very important for the game DD2.

The server list from DD1, while it had it's quirks and frustrations, was really just fantastic most the time.

I'd love to see an improved version like this. I know since DD2 was originally made to be a hybrid MOBA style game, this kind of matchmaking we have currently is something that was kind of all ready there and ready to go. And I know you don't want to toss away any hard work. But this suggestion is vital to a good experience. And there's no reason a matchmaking system and a server list can't go hand-in-hand. TF2 does something similar, where it's matchmaking will drop you into a well-located valve-certified server, but you could go and pick from a list of other servers with unique properties and game modes.

I have been a bit off the forums for a while but every now and then i check and read a few things and i saw in the past devlog that the amazing dev [[67667,users]] was gonna work on the social aspect of the matchmaking system. I'm pretty sure this thread can be of use for some ideas!

Even if not applied into a server list, the option to select what role you are playing and having the matchmaking system adding you into a party more fitting of your mood or skills at that moment would be wonderful!

Anyway thanks everyone for their attention and love, I might be off DD2 for while and will still remain for a bit longer due to time issues, but i still think it's going in a amazing path and something like this would be an amazing addition, it's just wonderful to see how many people feel the same way I do.

With that said, I believe and trust Trendy team, if they don't get something like this in, they'll probably get something that's as good or even better. This was just my take on the system. 

Yes, must agree. In no small part the multiplayer experience is hindered due to lack of room selection and the ability to create said room independently.

Using an example, Diablo 2 vs Diablo 3, in D2 multiplayer the core fanbase played a lot of multiplayer because they knew what they were getting into, the room they entered gave them a focus point which brought players together for the same goal that was literally spelled out in the room name, Diablo 3 tried to simplify this by creating generalised game types and making everyone throw their lot into the bucket to get a random game, it doesnt work, D3 multiplayer is an uncoordinated mess and the game, although it has huge potential depth and diversity, is only played in a handful of ways in the open multiplayer environment due to these limited buckets, as such it has slumped and player numbers have dropped to a tiny fraction of what they used to be.

Sure there are private games in that game too much like this and that's great for people who have a group already, but what if you have an idea, you want to do x map in y way and you want to bring in some like minded people to do that, you cant because your lot is in a random bucket. Sure, there's forums, you can get people to sign up and join together, there's steam friends and its not impossible.. but why? the feature of rooms was integral to DD1's success, you shouldn't have to go outside of the game.

What if people have a set play style and want to find like minded players who have the same play style, you cant anymore, again without having to go outside of the game, where as in DD1 you could and that was great.

The system as it stands, whilst friendly, is limiting and deeply restrictive, and I for one firmly believe that multiplayer is suffering for it, I can only speak for myself but I have no desire to join up to a random room with players that have completely different concepts of how the game should be played and different goals, it just becomes a cluster mess of frustration for everyone, and there are only two answers, either unrestrict it by removing the buckets, or go completely the other way and limit the game to only be played in a handful of ways, again, see d3 example above, this is a bad idea.

Sometimes efforts to make things simpler, actually end up making things harder for everyone

As critical as this sounds, I still think dd2 is a great game, I would just hate to see it go the way of D3 multiplayer and lose the majority of its users due to bad decisions relating to core game mechanics of which multiplayer is one, particularly given that unlike d3, DD2 will be entirely reliant on maintaining its playerbase in order to stay afloat.

One mans opinion.

Match making has gotten a lot better. But I still find myself, and apparently many others which I have observed in game.

Standing at the war table either looking for a match in progress, or wanting to make my own.

Too many times I just leave or thrown into a game that I dont feel I want to play.

Maybe a server list is not needed. But if you stick by that at least we need to be either able to turn a private game open, or open new public game specifically.  

None of these things however cannot convey the message of a game lobby, where you want to play something specific. Looking for X, for Y map. 

How are the "hardcore" going to find their groups if it will be truly as challenging as presented in the newest blog? 

Spamming social tavern?

There will be A LOT of parties tackling the NM1-3 content, at least i expect so.

Therefore, there will be a less, but still lot parties forming to headbang the NM1 wall with all they've got.

But then again, there's the issue of how many will actually play public games and in groups of 3-4.

Cancelling the session search at any given time would be helluva kool! Man it sucks that i cannot just cancel the waiting for session and start a new search for a different map... Only solution to that currently is to join a friend.

I think there're one more still needed thing that will register needed for your game classes.
You should pick whom you need for the game and it will be showed in server-list.
For example...
You start the game and pick that you need builder-huntress(trap icon) and tank-square (shield-icon).
When I join this game i choise my role for it.
Any class with huntress or square may join this game,but at least people will know who needed...and may search it more easy,while start the game.
p.s you should be able to change it during the session also ^^.

Guys... we waited and waited... 
AND... IS THIS IT?!

Necroing this for the sake of sending a notification to everyone who supported this idea, please direct all the feedback of this matter to the thread linked above!