Sign in to follow this  
Gutu

Server List

@lunee quote:

just add to the "play public" a lvl range drop down or something and quickly get into a game via the current matchmaking system...

and again im voting for block/ignore/blacklist or whatever it will be called when it gets hopefully implemented...

(secretly pushing the thread)

Yeah that could save us 1 loading screen and a walk over to the board again =P

@Gutu quote:

The more i play DD2, the more i wish this feature was implemented.. Miss Server List so much, it could help player-player interaction in so many ways!
If anybody has any downside of having a server list, please feel free to share as i'd love to find a way to fix all the possible issues, Dungeon Defenders 2 deserves the closest thing to comfort for each and every player due to the fact that so many different players play this game for their own unique reasons.

As you hear'd me stating earlier, with the right filtering system and requirements being able to be set by the leader of the map, there would be no negative side to this as of what i think. :) Real nice.

I don't think the Game Notes should be a required entry and Name should have a default, but it's a good option for people that want to take the time to make it.  I mostly mention this for players that don't want to type out things with a controller.  Would also be nice to be able to sort the list by some of the fields (ping, level, difficulty, etc).  Additionally, there should be a way to change the Game Name/Notes so when you finish a map (or finish chilling in the tavern) you can change your them to match what you plan to do next.

One thing that I think needs to be addressed is the way it displays servers that are in the tavern waiting to start.  There is no map to display, among other things.  However, I think there needs to be a way to have map/mode show up while you are still in the tavern.  This is especially true if there is ever a build timer like Insane/Nightmare from DD1.

I also like how Yoda's game has 75% of a player out of 2014 possiblesquire_small.png

jCNkgqH.png

@Batophobia quote:

I also like how Yoda's game has 75% of a player out of 2014 possiblesquire_small.png

jCNkgqH.png

ah! finally someone who payed attention! you deserve a cookie! 

I like the idea of the complex menu and extra options such as setting rules, ignores, etc and it's intuitive that the game needs it. As well as server/game selection to join public or friend games. It would also be real nice to be able to create a game and open it publicly instead of being thrown in to a lvl 3 map at lvl 15.

However I don't think it should be the first (main?) menu as I think the game benefits from going straight into the social tavern. It gives a sense of community and "hey there are other people playing and having fun". Which of course you can see from server selection but it's not the same because seeing numbers doesn't beat seeing players jumping around, reading stupid chat or seeing everybody's equipment. Although it's an evil tool, forcing players to interact with each other, even if it's just briefly seeing them in the social tavern, will keep more players playing and the game more populated and serve as more of a community. The menu would serve fantasticly in place of the current "playlist selection" spot though!

@TacoNinja quote:

I like the idea of the complex menu and extra options such as setting rules, ignores, etc and it's intuitive that the game needs it. As well as server/game selection to join public or friend games. It would also be real nice to be able to create a game and open it publicly instead of being thrown in to a lvl 3 map at lvl 15.

However I don't think it should be the first (main?) menu as I think the game benefits from going straight into the social tavern. It gives a sense of community and "hey there are other people playing and having fun". Which of course you can see from server selection but it's not the same because seeing numbers doesn't beat seeing players jumping around, reading stupid chat or seeing everybody's equipment. Although it's an evil tool, forcing players to interact with each other, even if it's just briefly seeing them in the social tavern, will keep more players playing and the game more populated and serve as more of a community. The menu would serve fantasticly in place of the current "playlist selection" spot though!

That's a very good valid point, i think it might have been misexplanation from my side, the first menu wouldn't be the one that you click play but rather, the one you select on the map selection, as in instead of simply choosing the level bracket and public/private, to have a more complex menu with more options like this.

Anyway, thanks for the support man, means a lot =) to see so many people feeling the same way i do about the benefits that a complex server list could bring. =D 

That's a very good valid point, i think it might have been misexplanation from my side, the first menu wouldn't be the one that you click play but rather, the one you select on the map selection, as in instead of simply choosing the level bracket and public/private, to have a more complex menu with more options like this.

Anyway, thanks for the support man, means a lot =) to see so many people feeling the same way i do about the benefits that a complex server list could bring. =D 

Cheers! I notice you don't Really have a campaign option though? Not sure how/if you incorporated it, but it may be confusing and intimidating for new players for how the game works or what game options to choose if there's no simple "campaign" option (public or private) to get them started.

@TacoNinja quote:

Cheers! I notice you don't have a campaign option though? Not sure how/if you incorporated it, but it may be confusing and intimidating for new players for how the game works or what game options to choose if there's no simple "campaign" option (public or private) to get them started.

Hehe that would be 'cause of the time it was made, there was no campaign mode nor incursions xD
It was for level brackets the campaign you see today is totally different from when i made this thread, i should go and edit that when i got the time so that it stays up to date!

@TacoNinja quote:

Not sure I agree with this.  Some players have slow connections and having 20 players in a single tavern (plus towers and chat) can cause issues with lagging.  We saw some of this before that they have since patched so most players don't have as much lag, but there may still be players with slow connection speeds.

Also, having everyone start off entering a social tavern makes the game require an internet connection to play, which I'm not a fan of.  If I take my laptop on a trip where I have no internet access, it would be nice if I could still play DD2, even if those stats are not saved and some features, like daily missions, are unavailable.  I wouldn't even mind if it was like DD1 where online and offline were different with the option of overwriting offline data with online save.

@Gutu quote:

Hehe that would be 'cause of the time it was made, there was no campaign mode nor incursions xD
It was for level brackets the campaign you see today is totally different from when i made this thread, i should go and edit that when i got the time so that it stays up to date!

Aha my bad, you can tell I'm a new player =P

@Batophobia quote:

Not sure I agree with this.  Some players have slow connections and having 20 players in a single tavern (plus towers and chat) can cause issues with lagging.  We saw some of this before that they have since patched so most players don't have as much lag, but there may still be players with slow connection speeds.

Also, having everyone start off entering a social tavern makes the game require an internet connection to play, which I'm not a fan of.  If I take my laptop on a trip where I have no internet access, it would be nice if I could still play DD2, even if those stats are not saved and some features, like daily missions, are unavailable.  I wouldn't even mind if it was like DD1 where online and offline were different with the option of overwriting offline data with online save.

I see your issue and it could be easily addressed same way DDe was, by having a option to load to private tavern on the start menu.

Also i'm also against not having offline mode, however DD2 at least for now is aiming for online only, specially since everything is server side. 
I do take my laptop on my holidays to africa, where when there's internet it's slow, so I can't play DD2, which is very annoying :/ 

@Batophobia quote:

I wouldn't even mind if it was like DD1 where online and offline were different with the option of overwriting offline data with online save.

I like that idea particularly. It would also save from people editing local save data to cheat.

@Kittendemon quote:

give this man a cookie!

thread has been necroed! >:3

skeleton.png

I think this is necessary anyway if more people than only veteran-players should stick with the game for a longer amount of time. There is too much random on public matches. And even if the matchmaking system will be improved later it will keep feeling random because the player does not realize what's happening.

There are actually tons of possibilities.

This thread deserved to be necro'd, I'm still surprised this wasn't implemented alongside the matchmaking system.

@CBlue413 quote:

This thread deserved to be necro'd, I'm still surprised this wasn't implemented alongside the matchmaking system.

I would guess that they've put off implementing it for testing purposes.  Players just wanting to join a game will help test whatever they are assigned to instead of all the players joining the level with the best drops.

I am weary of being dropped into an empty tavern when I wish to join an existing game, and of dropping into the last 2 minutes of an existing game when I wish to start a fresh one.

We definitely need something like that !

Private game rewards no drop and the current public game make me leave the game until next patch to see if it has been implemented.

This is exactly what i want. Why has it not been done yet. I can live with every bug that's happened so far if this was implemented. I used to play a whole lot and stopped simply because of an annoying bug and matchmaking. Due to it selling a Maxed out bow i had and i can't stand being thrown into matches already done or with 3others who don't want to build.  With this i'll be able to choose what i want to do instead of hoping for the best and being repeatedly thrown into the Same session with the same people over and over.

I don't even care about pet re-roll stats or Ubers or any of that. This is priority.

Cmon Trendy. Copy, and Paste & we're done.

(lol i know it's not that simple)