Sign in to follow this  
zzwenzizz

Please! Birth Control for Monk!

Monk Here, Monk There, Monk everywhere.

Monk is SOOO overpowered that everyone is playing it.

Trendy! Please do something.

not much fun to see all the bald on my screen.

[[66750,users]] quote:

Monk Here, Monk There, Monk everywhere.

Monk is SOOO overpowered that everyone is playing it.

not much fun to see all the bald on my screen.

Funny way to look at it, all the balds.  Keep playing, monk is actually not OP at all.  The reason you see most players start with monk or huntress is because it's easier.  Towers require careful placement, they get hit and can easily get destroyed fast.  If you make it to 25++, you will find out which hero is slightly OP, until then, just enjoy before nerf hammer comes.

Most OP hero right now...the Apprentice.  Slightly harder to master at low levels, but ultimately ruins the game (no mobs will scratch your towers at all, including ogres).

Squire is next up there.  Mass cannon or ballista towers - both effective.

Huntress and Monk are both equally last place.  When you reach 25++, you will see majority of the players end up with Apprentice or Squire.

Hopefully, I didn't spoil the rest of the game for you.  This is just my opinion based on the current state of the game.  You are free to build whatever, and do explore to find your way, but don't be surprise (giggles) the balds will disappear as you progress further.

[[66750,users]]  Love your posts, more please.

[[17321,users]] >imblying<
Neither of those heroes could do what they do without the almighty power of the MoNk bOoOooST!

Monk is a little OP ever since they fixed the spec bug, fixing the bug made the spec actually work too good it was bugged where the spec giving only 50% extra damage instead of the 150%, and it was good. I think it should be balanced to 100% instead.

Now what really makes people play monk, is the dark mage lane.
Every now and then a 5 dark mage lane will appear, and usually even if your tower is rank 3-4 they will stay out of it's range reviving the mobs where they die (since they die at your defenses range that's where they stop)

Now with only auras or non-target-able defenses everything will just keep walking to the core and die along the way in the aura, this goes for mages, they don't stop to spam revive they also keep walking towards the core and die within the aura. 

Due to the Dark Mages 5 lane being a little too much OP without proper strategy this makes Monk only builds be the perfect counter. 

So to balance out either we need an enemy just as badass as dark mage but that focuses auras, or we need dark mages to stop before getting in aura and reviving the monsters in the aura (which would make them OP at a lot of people's sight).

I'm not saying apprentice only builds or anything like that aren't possible to deal with dark mages lane, however the dark mage behavior towards target-able defenses is way different and might result in the 5 mages stacking which makes them close to immortal.

Gutu quote:

So to balance out either we need an enemy just as badass as dark mage but that focuses auras

Please for goodness' sake do NOT under any circumstances bring back the djinns or I'll smoke ya good.

[[59367,users]] quote:

Gutu quote:

So to balance out either we need an enemy just as badass as dark mage but that focuses auras

Please for goodness' sake do NOT under any circumstances bring back the djinns or I'll smoke ya good.

^^ face it... something similar will come someday somehow genie_boss_icon2.png

There have been suggestions about anti-trap/aura mobs and I'm sure I remember one of the Trendy guys saying they were thinking about it as well, so don't expect the monk dominance forever :)

Personally I'm a big fan of the Squire with apprentice support, I just use the monks to drop an electric aura on top of the long range mobs.

[[37065,users]] Heilos quote:

There have been suggestions about anti-trap/aura mobs and I'm sure I remember one of the Trendy guys saying they were thinking about it as well, so don't expect the monk dominance forever :)

Personally I'm a big fan of the Squire with apprentice support, I just use the monks to drop an electric aura on top of the long range mobs.

Yes, like the Beholder.  Still my favourite solution for this problem.  Having a monster that rapidly drains the energy from Traps and Auras would definitely fix the dependency on monks and huntresses defenses.

[[17321,users]] quote:

Most OP hero right now...the Apprentice.  Slightly harder to master at low levels, but ultimately ruins the game (no mobs will scratch your towers at all, including ogres).

Squire is next up there.  Mass cannon or ballista towers - both effective.

Huntress and Monk are both equally last place.  When you reach 25++, you will see majority of the players end up with Apprentice or Squire.

Hopefully, I didn't spoil the rest of the game for you.  This is just my opinion based on the current state of the game.  You are free to build whatever, and do explore to find your way, but don't be surprise (giggles) the balds will disappear as you progress further.

Are you high? Huntress and Monk combo can solo 25+ on hard. If you get the right items you don't even have to attack. You can literally just sit there for 4 out of the 5 waves and do nothing but repair and upgrade.

Jordian quote:

Are you high? Huntress and Monk combo can solo 25+ on hard. If you get the right items you don't even have to attack. You can literally just sit there for 4 out of the 5 waves and do nothing but repair and upgrade.

Cmon mate don't try to insult him, specially when actually he's kinda right, tbh any character can solo the whole game, and 25+ 25++ is the easiest one to solo. You can solo with a single monk, you can solo with a single apprentice and you cal solo with a single squire just easy, without going for anything else just their towers. Now about the huntress.. that's a special case.. While it is possible it's not exactly nor easy nor hard it's complex as you need way more knowledge of how the map works and the path enemies take. So yeah any hero can do 25+ 25++ without lifting a finger after bulding you can actually with 4 players build all and go afk, it has nothing to do with elec aura + geyser trap combo don't know where people are getting the idea that it is OP, it is useful, it has CC, but 2 flameburst towers deal more damage for the same DU / mana.

Source: My own experience + all other people who I played with.

[[43252,users]] quote:

Jordian quote:

Cmon mate don't try to insult him, specially when actually he's kinda right, tbh any character can solo the whole game, and 25+ 25++ is the easiest one to solo. You can solo with a single monk, you can solo with a single apprentice and you cal solo with a single squire just easy, without going for anything else just their towers. Now about the huntress.. that's a special case.. While it is possible it's not exactly nor easy nor hard it's complex as you need way more knowledge of how the map works and the path enemies take. So yeah any hero can do 25+ 25++ without lifting a finger after bulding you can actually with 4 players build all and go afk, it has nothing to do with elec aura + geyser trap combo don't know where people are getting the idea that it is OP, it is useful, it has CC, but 2 flameburst towers deal more damage for the same DU / mana.

Source: My own experience + all other people who I played with.

I actually haven't found a way to afk after the first wave without attacking once on hard besides the monk+hunt combo. Probably because I have not been playing as long as you. Anyways if you don't have to attack at all during a wave then there is something really wrong with the balance. Obviously this is alpha so it's fine as of right now.

[[68573,users]] quote:

I actually haven't found a way to afk after the first wave without attacking once on hard besides the monk+hunt combo. Probably because I have not been playing as long as you. Anyways if you don't have to attack at all during a wave then there is something really wrong with the balance. Obviously this is alpha so it's fine as of right now.

That's why there's a revamp planned for monk huntress and squire =P let's see what comes out of it, but i'd say that for now it's because we don't have a higher difficulty, if we had 20-25 25+ 25++ would actually be something with a descent drop rate.

[[43252,users]] quote:

Jordian quote:

That's why there's a revamp planned for monk huntress and squire =P let's see what comes out of it, but i'd say that for now it's because we don't have a higher difficulty, if we had 20-25 25+ 25++ would actually be something with a descent drop rate.

All I want is the hard mode to be a little harder in every level range, and just simple nerfs that make it at least half challenging.

To each his own preference. However, the game is currently in Alpha, we are here to help the game grow correctly. There will be bugs, glitches and overpowered stuffs. It's just part of the whole Early Access thingy.