Will there be Buff Indicators? Side question: What specs do you guys like

Hey guys, not sure if this was in previous dungeon defender games, but are there plans to add buff indicators showing which buffs are active?

For example, i have boots that give a 8% chance on hit to give 100% movement speed. It would show a little square icon in a corner somewhere that has a timer on it, indicating that this speed boost is active.

Or for example, the monks spec skill that stacks a certain melee damage % bonus for every ranged attack you do. It would show the square icon in the corner with a number on it, with the number indicating how many stacks are active. 

On a side note, which specs do you guys like for each of the characters? Some seem pretty underwhelming/useless.

Huntress: the fully charged secondary chance on primary attack, and the long range bonus

Monk: lightning trap bonus damage

Apprentice: chance to freeze with the ice tower, but not sure if there is a better one

Not sure about squire, didnt use any yet because none seemed good

I don't like secondary chance thing on huntress. It's bad. Instead, I use drench and long range.

Monk is pretty much all 42 points into lightning damage.

Apprentice I use freeze and earth knock up.

Squire sucks imo.

Edit: no clue about the buffs. But that would be nice.

[[65424,users]] quote:

I don't like secondary chance thing on huntress. It's bad. Instead, I use drench and long range.

Squire sucks imo.

Is the drench that useful? I feel like geysers dont shoot often enough for it to be that helpful because it only works for the next attack. 

However if I found a good bow with a % chance to drench substat, then i would definitely experiment with that spec

huntres: full drench spec
monk : full lightning spec
Apprentice : 15 points on earthshatter 14 on frostbite and the rest on fireball (like to keep it balance, and 15 is about the cap)
Squire: haven't really explored squire much out deleted him at lvl 20 and i don't remember the specs

Dunno about buff icons but...I kinda want to try a Squire with Veng+Stun and the heal on hit for spike barricades >_>  Need RNG luck for the gear drops and lots of it to test out DHP/DPW/DSPD and which would be best for it but I think it could be awesome.  Granted would need high % on the heal but besides these and a melee dps squire with riposte i dont see much use in his spec skills...The Ballista one for piercing all targets for full damage has low % even with tons of points thrown at it and is the only thing that would capitalize on having tons of DSPD compared to power or health for cannons/dummies.

Apprentice Earthshatter/Freeze for tower builder and the CD reduction for ability build  (cant remember the other 2, fireball turret isnt terrible either for builder)

Huntress - I like the overcharge but havnt really tried anything else except for long range and anti-air (didnt really like either one of em)

Monk - Lightning Aura or DHP Boost for builder and the Chi Blast is nice for a dpser.

I would honestly like to see more passives to spec into come out making for a larger variety.   Either tower or DPS...Monk could use some better DPS ones seeing as the Dragon Stance and Crane Stance arnt horrib....wait ya they are horrible I cant even try to lie about it.  Why not chance to trigger pole smash or make his 2nd ability a tiny aoe around him that has a % to activate or something, wth is this "use this attack then charge in for one swing with inc dmg" or "swing a lot then palm strike for better dmg!"...okay the way I said the 2nd one (dragon stance I think?) made it sound kinda cool but iv never put points into it so iunno if the scaling is even worth it.

Sorry for a post thats 99.5% off topic!  but it was a good off topic and I wanted to comment :(

They had this in DDE, small icons on the right of your screen to tell you what buffs you have. Hopefully once they've got the core item system figured out they'll start adding on stuff like this to make the information from the items a bit more accessible :)

@[FgC] danielaq13 quote:

Vreaz quote:

Squire sucks imo.

Is the drench that useful? I feel like geysers dont shoot often enough for it to be that helpful because it only works for the next attack. 

However if I found a good bow with a % chance to drench substat, then i would definitely experiment with that spec

Drench lasts for a few seconds or until the enemy is Electrocuted.  During that time, the enemy takes additional damage for every attack if you have the spec (which is easily double damage).  Doubling damage in select areas across a map for something like a geyser gets really efficient, however if all Geysers are linked to Electric Auras, the value of this spec is greatly reduced (because the effect ends once the Electric Aura hits).

[[63276,users]] quote:

Drench lasts for a few seconds or until the enemy is Electrocuted.  During that time, the enemy takes additional damage for every attack if you have the spec (which is easily double damage)

Unless the spec description is wrong, the spec only gives double damage for the next tick of damage, not the whole duration.

I found that the drench stat on bows does not take advantage of the drench spec in one way or another. 

I had a bow with 30% chance to drench, and i tested it with full drench spec on the dummies in the tavern, yet I did the same flat number every time. 

I figured maybe the dummies could not be drenched, so I tested it in a game where I just attacked single enemies and watched the damage numbers. I realized that I was still doing the same flat number (other than crits, which were not close to the bonus damage drench spec should have given) every time.

I didn't see a drench visual effect on the enemies, but maybe I just didnt notice it. However either way I was doing the same damage to them everytime. I set up a geyser trap and I would shoot at the ones caught in it. Only then would I see the extra damage come up. 

@[FgC] danielaq13 quote:

I found that the drench stat on bows does not take advantage of the drench spec in one way or another. 

I had a bow with 30% chance to drench, and i tested it with full drench spec on the dummies in the tavern, yet I did the same flat number every time. 

I figured maybe the dummies could not be drenched, so I tested it in a game where I just attacked single enemies and watched the damage numbers. I realized that I was still doing the same flat number (other than crits, which were not close to the bonus damage drench spec should have given) every time.

I didn't see a drench visual effect on the enemies, but maybe I just didnt notice it. However either way I was doing the same damage to them everytime. I set up a geyser trap and I would shoot at the ones caught in it. Only then would I see the extra damage come up. 

That basically means that the spec doesn't affect the Drench status itself, but instead affects the user's Geyser Traps, so that while Drenching they also apply the damage bonus effect.  Makes sense.

Lanie quote:

@[FgC] danielaq13 quote:

That basically means that the spec doesn't affect the Drench status itself, but instead affects the user's Geyser Traps, so that while Drenching they also apply the damage bonus effect.  Makes sense.

Hm actually it turns out its the drench modifier not working correctly after switching characters in and out. I didnt notice a damage boost, or a visual effect, because they weren't even getting drenched from my bow.

Somebody told me when you switch a character in and out, certain modifiers (including % to drench) stop working until you unequip and re-equip, and i realized that this was the cause of the drench spec not working.

If the bow is correctly drenching enemies, the spec should work as described

@[FgC] danielaq13 quote:

Hm actually it turns out its the drench modifier not working correctly after switching characters in and out. I didnt notice a damage boost, or a visual effect, because they weren't even getting drenched from my bow.

Somebody told me when you switch a character in and out, certain modifiers (including % to drench) stop working until you unequip and re-equip, and i realized that this was the cause of the drench spec not working.

If the bow is correctly drenching enemies, the spec should work as described

'Cause the drench on a weapon itself is not OP enough =P to me it makes zero sense, i believe it's simply missing the word geyser trap in that whole spec, most likely because by the time they wrote that there were no drench weapons.

For Squire it depends wether your going for Tank/DPS or Towers. If towers then all on barricade dmg if DPS all on Riposte since you have a chance to deal alot of dmg