[BUG] Mobs often completely ignore lightning aura damage when switched to other char.

I noticed this just now while playing.

I got my monk to level 20 using a pretty basic layout, nothing special.  Want to play in the 20-25 zones next so decided to level up some of my other characters to 20 as well.

However now comes the problem, setups that work perfectly fine when on my monk to the point that it turns into a yawnfest, do not seem to work at all when I switch to my secondary character for the wave. In this case it was my Huntress.

I will be uploading a short video of it later since currently other people besides me are using the internet and I don't want to kill it for them.

It seems to be quite random as well, some mobs take full damage of the lightning aura , some take some damage and end up passing them with half health and some just walk through it like the aura is not even there.  No the mobs do not have magic resistance or anything like that lol.

At first I thought it was kinda like dungeon defenders 1 where if you switch over to a character other than the builder the buildings become weaker. However this does not seem to be the case, the aura just stops doing any damage at random moments while at other it does full damage.

Anyway as I said earlier I will upload a video about this later, it's a pretty serious bug because it really slows down my leveling of other characters since my monk has had the most luck in finding gear which my lower chars can't even wear yet.

edit: sorry accidentally threw this in the general section of the forums since that's where I hang out the most.  If this could be moved to the bug report section then that would be great

edit2:  link to video :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohwb1WavgpQ

Dunno sounds squish there are somethings that might be causing that and you're simply not aware and may all of them together.

• if you were playing lower levels your statuses get down-leveled to match that map's usual stats (which could explain lower damage or lower efficacy on your build)
  • Monk electric aura specs makes the electric aura have a chance of dealing more damage (Which would explain the oscillation of your elec aura damage)

Anyway it might indeed be some kind of  bug i don't know. If i may, when you get the video could you show it in this post?

[[43252,users]] quote:

Dunno sounds squish there are somethings that might be causing that and you're simply not aware and may all of them together.

• if you were playing lower levels your statuses get down-leveled to match that map's usual stats (which could explain lower damage or lower efficacy on your build)
  • Monk electric aura specs makes the electric aura have a chance of dealing more damage (Which would explain the oscillation of your elec aura damage)

Anyway it might indeed be some kind of  bug i don't know. If i may, when you get the video could you show it in this post?

Yes I'll show the video in this post for sure, thanks for thinking with me on this matter.

My monk is only level 20 and was running The Ramparts in 15-20 for a bunch of times today, my huntress is level 19 at the moment so she is in the same level range.  I ran the same map under exactly the same conditions with the same build/equipment.

The only difference is that I switched over my monk to my huntress before the wave started, tested it multiple times so far. Sometimes I get through a wave without mobs bugging but quite often at least some mobs walk through the lightning with some taking 0 damage at all . And once a few started doing it a lot tend to follow.

Now if this was a matter of bad placement that they can walk by it but it's a map filled with small chokepoints completely filled up by the lightning aura and not a single, yep not a single mob gets through the lightning aura when I stand afk on my monk.

Well I'll be playing a bit more now but I will upload the movie as soon as I can.

It's entirely possible that it's a bug with the monk spec for electric auras, making it only apply when the monk is active.  I'll have to check it out when I get home.

[[62751,users]] quote:

It's entirely possible that it's a bug with the monk spec for electric auras, making it only apply when the monk is active.  I'll have to check it out when I get home.

Possible, it was not that way on dummies at least and even without the spec proccing when I am playing my huntress it should at the very least not let a majority of the mobs walk through with full health.  At first I was thinking it was a connection issue on my part which kinda lagged mobs through the lightning aura, but if that is the case then it should also happen when I play on my monk instead of huntress but it's not.

One other thing I was thinking about,  if the monk aura is programmed in a way in that it keeps checking the monk gear for what stats to use instead of just saving it when the monk is switched out then that might also cause some additional lag because my inventory is filled up to the point that it lagspikes just opening it.  

So yeah the main question here is why it's working correctly on monk but not when the monk is switched out.

Make sure ue aura are not stacked togther that how i fixed that i only use 1 electric aura per lane or the are far from each other totaly fixed that

I've noticed this behaviour as well. I did a Dragonfall Gates run with an electric aura in each lane surrounded by geyser traps (mad exploits), and every now and again one of the enemies would just stroll on up to my cart with full health, not even damaged

Thanks everyone for the replies so far, I've added the link.  The game is still playable and super enjoyable but this does make things a bit harder since even without relying fully on lightning auras they are a nice addition to any build.

For anybody lazy:

I figured it was the game's way of making the battle more challenging when you swap to a huntress. :P

It led to me completely overhauling how I built so I could level my huntress painlessly, so it had a good result for me. 

Oddly enough, the bug doesn't seem to happen when swapping to Squire or Apprentice.

Interesting, I have to jump into bed at the moment but I will do some more tests with the other classes later. 

Just experienced this as well, I was leveling my apprentice but mistakenly pressed G while still on huntress, and although I placed my defense the exact same way i did last game (same exact level, first wave), I somehow got overrun. 

I read this post right before, so i figured "Wow seems like its true", so i replayed, and set up my defense the same exact way, but this time i switched to apprentice before the first wave started. Only a few enemies got through, and I didnt have to be frantically running around attacking them. Seemed so much easier than the last time, yet the only thing different was that I had my huntress out before instead of my apprentice. She does more DPS too, which makes it even more abnormal. 

So yeah, definitely seems like there is a problem here, and hopefully its fixed 

Omgsh, I just posted a thread about this too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I want answers too!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Another problem you will notice is that ...

Special Stat Procs, such as Drenched, now only apply to hero attacks and not defense attacks.

because it was a bug they fixed in 1.1 so now you have to use geysers or drench weapons to attack targets before/during their march through the lightning auras.  I noticed 0 geyser traps and only you with a water bow im assuming had drench.

But I have also noticed mobs just walking through auras while taking 0 damage or not getting effected even while drenched from either a geyser or drench weapon effect so there are other issues around the auras that need looking into.

I've noticed this problem in game with a friend of mine and have seen it reported at least twice.  Every time it's been a switch from the monk to the huntress.  Moving thread to the tech section.