Sign in to follow this  
MeXiCaN

Question about switching character during levels.

Currently, I'm leveling 3 characters at the same time. (Monk/Apprentice/Squire) I do 1 map with each character so they're constantly the same level. In DD1, you lost a % of damage/etc if say your aura monk wasn't in the map(on auras ofc). I was wondering how is it currently in DD2? I was thinking about creating a full tower speed apprentice for just the slow tower, but obviously would be useless if I lose major stats when that character isn't the one playing.

Far as I can tell from a quick test, your defenses maintain their stats. With defense health bonuses on my Apprentice, my walls had the same health regardless of what hero I had on the field.

Towers/Traps/Auras retain the stats from the character placing them.  Hence an easy way to level a character is to max out a monk, get it some gear for def power/speed, hopefully finding some water+drench weapons for your alts along the way, and just placing auras in the lanes.  

Seriously the only thing that seems to go away when you switch to another character is the +drench from my monks weapon and a huntress can solve this issue with geyser traps. 

In dungeon defenders 1, there was the "active builder" feature, where if you had the hero who built the defenses in the game his defenses would be better. In dungeon defenders II this is no longer a feature of the game.

Personally i'd love to see a active builder feature but working for the whole deck, the ability to use characters outside the deck however they would count as inactive heroes :)

[[43252,users]] quote:

In dungeon defenders 1, there was the "active builder" feature, where if you had the hero who built the defenses in the game his defenses would be better. In dungeon defenders II this is no longer a feature of the game.

Personally i'd love to see a active builder feature but working for the whole deck, the ability to use characters outside the deck however they would count as inactive heroes :)

This sounds like a way better option than removing the active builder all together