Sign in to follow this  
Highborne_13

In-App Purchases?

Hello,

New here, just saw DD2 on Steam and it mentioned in-app purchases (the ultimate bundle thing has $100 worth, etc.)

I am wondering if someone can point me to the list of things or potential things that this in-app currency can purchase when the game is released.

Thanks kindly.

The devs have stated they intend only to sell cosmetics (hero costumes, tavern customization, and maybe weapon skins?) and boosters for XP. They do not mean to sell anything that gives a gameplay advantage over those who don't spend money.

Good to hear! but for somebody that doesn't really care about the skin and focusses on the specs of his char. Why should one buy the Collectors upgrade edition (additionally)? According to this post, buying it would give me (later on) a bunch of skins and that's it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/336310

[[48672,users]] quote:

The devs have stated they intend only to sell cosmetics (hero costumes, tavern customization, and maybe weapon skins?) and boosters for XP. They do not mean to sell anything that gives a gameplay advantage over those who don't spend money.

(hero costumes, tavern customization, and maybe weapon skins?) and boosters for XP.

dont know about weapon skins maybe but for the boost for exp.. will probably not happend as it gives u a advantage ingame.

[[47431,users]] quote:

Good to hear! but for somebody that doesn't really care about the skin and focusses on the specs of his char. Why should one buy the Collectors upgrade edition (additionally)? According to this post, buying it would give me (later on) a bunch of skins and that's it.

they want it to be f2p and not p2w so all they sell is just too look good and get a nice tavern.

I am completely against the P2W concept but still, seems like a lot of money for a few skins. This could be just me, I never understood stuff like Second Life either.

I'd like to know too, as I was thinking of getting the $40 version.

Will character classes or maps be behind the pay wall? That makes sense and makes the $40 pack more worth it.

[[47431,users]] quote:

'cause you love the game and want to support the game even further financially so you purchase them as a donation gesture but receive something in exchange. 

Then make it worth my wild, add characters that aren't required to win but open others ways like the summoner class which I really enjoyed! I don't mind paying for a game, not even paying extra or donating, especially seeing I spend over 350 hours playing the first game. But I don't think you're going to appeal to a large amount of people with just skins. Sadly enough, I can't be an actual huge amount of financial support to you guys, not the in way that thousands of people can, and trust me, I wish I could.

[[47431,users]] quote:

Then make it worth my wild, add characters that aren't required to win but open others ways like the summoner class which I really enjoyed! I don't mind paying for a game, not even paying extra or donating, especially seeing I spend over 350 hours playing the first game. But I don't think you're going to appeal to a large amount of people with just skins. Sadly enough, I can't be an actual huge amount of financial support to you guys, not the in way that thousands of people can, and trust me, I wish I could.

Yeah but without providing any type of advantage there's only so much they can sell, while some people will find it worthless to pay then, there will be in the long term more people playing and wanting to support the game. I would definitely pay for like DD2 Posters and stuff, but i think selling characters would feel like an advantage. 

They could however sell skins that are totally different, that's another thing, but to provide game content for paying only would kinda ruin the no advantage of any type being sold motto imo.

The point of the $40 dollar upgrade isn't to gain even the slightest advantage. It's to show that you really care about the development of the game and appreciate what Trendy has done for us so far (not saying that you don't care or appreciate if you didn't buy it). It should already be worth your while buying it if you feel generous enough to support the game you love and see a lot of potential in. I've never purchased anything from Trendy that I haven't been satisified with. Heck, when DDE came out, I sold some of my TF2 tickets to buy some copies for me and some pals. It's not necessary to buy the upgrade obviously, but you shouldn't feel like it's too much to pay for what may seem like little to you. I hope I don't come off as rude in anyway, but it's just how I feel about the upgrade and what Trendy means to me and others.