Sign in to follow this  
icarus.fm

We DON'T want another MOBA (Hero Line Wars=Dungeon Defenders II)

Indirect PVP Please!!!

Links for Reference:

WC 3 Tower Line Wars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G4ywAAJJqs

SC2 Tower Line Wars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAt_4SXs17c

WC 3 Hero Line Wars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_ZxUFt4eRI

DotA  Hero Line Wars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n82JKxgl-ac

Much Like DotA and League of Legends DDII has a similar structure to another popular mod of Warcraft 3 Hero Line Wars/Tower Line Wars. 

Similarities:

• Primarily PVE (Player Vs Environment) game play
  • Players control a single character with a currency used to build defenses
  • objective is to defend a base from waves of minions

Differences:

• DDII is a 3rd person action rather than having a more RTS (Real Time Strategy) like perspective. (I Like this difference)
  • DDII waves are predetermined or determined by RNG(random Number Generator) (Makes sense for co operative play)
  • DDII has a currency in the form of gems that you can share with team members. (Awesome Flexibility)
  • DDII has lane chancing mechanics (awesome for keeping the game fresh)

The Point of this article is to Suggest that the defense (Green) currency be expanded to include the purchase of Creeps that one team can send to another  no one wants another MOBA at least not in the style of DotA. I want a choice of spending currency to send units against my opponents lanes vs building defenses. The game will have infinite replay-ability with a ladder system and would even garner a similar market as LoL with something refreshing, fun and NEW. 

Over all I am playing the game because I like the game However I would like to to see the Indirect PvP game play of Line Wars integrated into the game.

We need a Tower Defense with RPG elements.

Not a Moba, not a PvP game, not a shoot'em up, not a SIM game, not an adventure and not an action game with some towers in the mix as it kinda is now with the towers being a bit underpowered.

The main concerns should be how to balance things, how to make the game that way that anyone can play it the way he wants without loosing anything (fun/loot etc):

In a group

Solo

Only with Towers

Mostly with heroes and towers just for a little support.

all these should be viable.

That is what I want from this game and I would love the developers to work on: balance issues, content, challenges, progress, solo/multiplayer balance, no hackers like DD1, higher diffculties, good servers/ping for everyone since you have to be online constantly...

[[67296,users]] quote:

We need a Tower Defense with RPG elements...

I agree but i don't see how this model doesn't lose flavor after you beat the game. I want all the mechanics you want however i can see how this lacks replay-ability.  

I would like to some how control the flow of enemies to my opponent based with a currency system.

Thank you for your response!!!

I am just saying that the idea might be fine,

but if the game itself isn't balanced, fixed, polished, changed, we can't ask/discuss for different game modes. This is a discussion for much much later imo, that's all :)

@icarus.fm quote:

Indirect PVP Please!!!

Link for Reference:

WC 3 Tower Line Wars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G4ywAAJJqs

SC2 Tower Line Wars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAt_4SXs17c

WC 3 Hero Line Wars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_ZxUFt4eRI

DotA  Hero Line Wars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n82JKxgl-ac

Much Like DotA and League of Legends DDII has a similar structure to another popular mod of Warcraft 3 Hero Line Wars/Tower Line Wars. 

Similarities:

Primarily PVE (Player Vs Environment) game play

Players control a single character with a currency used to build defenses

objective is to defend a base from waves of minions

Differences:

DDII is a 3rd person action rather than having a more RTS (Real Time Stratagy) like perspective. (I Like this difference)

DDII waves are predetermined or determined by RNG(random Number Generator) (Makes sense for co operative play)

DDII has a currency in the form of gems that you can share with team members. (Awesome Flexibility)

DDII has lane chancing mechanics (awesome for keeping the game fresh)

The Point of this article is to Suggest that we don't get another MOBA at least not in the style of DotA. I want a choice of spending currency to send units to my opponents base. The currency balancing is compelling to play. The game will have infinite replay-ability and would even garner a similar market as lol with something refreshing, fun and NEW. 

Over all I am playing the game because I like the game However I would like to to see the Indirect PvP game play of Line Wars integrated into the game.

Then please sell all your items to a merchant.
Items would need to be bought directly in-game to balance out the system.

No random rolls allowed.

Or else you would have nothing more then a fun mode, without ANY influence on your character after wards.

Any title you posted were NOT rng influenced, because they were only tactic based.
I have like 2000 hours WCIII on my shoulders and mostly just played (T)LTW or Hero Line wars...

These games were so addictive and popular because there was no pre leveling or farming needed.
It was plug n play.

If you combine pre farming with such an system, you would only get a big stupid mess.

Items would get traded or at least farm services would get set up for a price.

Sure as I mentioned above it could be a fun mode, like it was in DDE, but there can't be a balanced, fair pvp situation given at any point.

[[65916,users]] 

i rely want to understand what u r saying u seem to have the experience necessary to contribute to the idea. 

1. WOW has pvp with earned RPG-style gear and it works no problem. The currency trade off im proposing isn't gear and creeps but rather defenses and creeps. (this would encourage the balancing of skills vs defenses)

2. I agree i don't like RNG ether my idea would eliminate RNG and add flavor to the game.

3. I don't agree that Plug and Play is necessary for the success of this game. Like League of Legends you would start at lvl one and unlock everything with the free to play currency earned in game. Further more having a leveling system educates the player so that they can learn the game. in its current state the leveling system is quite a bit shorter than LoL.

4. DDE?

I believe we will later on have modes and maybe challenges.

I'd like to see a bit sided pvp challenges like in DD1 but nothing specific that would damage the original PVE intention game and balance. But i don't have a need for it tbh at least for now.

Keep in mind that they'll most likely add some of it for fun, but it's not present for now due to the developers being focused on the development of the game core.

@icarus.fm

WoW is built on the idea of a bunch of battling worlds.
It's built this way and took like 15 years to be where it is right now. (It was 5 years in development.)
The world it was placed in, to have at least a touch of life, was like even 10 years older...

So it was like 25 years of development, from the first idea to the finished game.

And WoW has no RNG-Gear... At least not in PvP.

Back to this game, it's a hack n slash game, in which loot is one of the most important things.
Better Loot = Better Chance to beat a map => Better Loot ...

Sure I hope for a competition at some point.

But PvP isn't the right way to go, at least not with farmed RNG loot.

And just by the way League of Legends, Dota, Smite, Star Craft, Warcraft III are all plug n play games.
You always have to begin anew.

[[67296,users]] quote:

We need a Tower Defense with RPG elements.

Not a Moba, not a PvP game, not a shoot'em up, not a SIM game, not an adventure and not an action game with some towers in the mix as it kinda is now with the towers being a bit underpowered.

The main concerns should be how to balance things, how to make the game that way that anyone can play it the way he wants without loosing anything (fun/loot etc):

In a group

Solo

Only with Towers

Mostly with heroes and towers just for a little support.

all these should be viable.

That is what I want from this game and I would love the developers to work on: balance issues, content, challenges, progress, solo/multiplayer balance, no hackers like DD1, higher diffculties, good servers/ping for everyone since you have to be online constantly...

I agree with this guy. Right now the only purpose to towers is to stall the mobs till you come kill them.

Some sort of PvP would be fun even a simple arena to challenge other players with no towers.

but I hated how wow and others used to nerf/rebalance all the time due to the pvp players.

Im sure Trendy can come up with a way to work this in some unique way that would work for this game, maybe even creating new hero's just for pvpers, but this been not primary a pvp game, its something for later.

@icarus.fm quote:

Beasty52 quote:Some sort of PvP would be fun even a simple arena to challenge other players with no towers.

direct pvp plus rng gear failed in diablo 3

Yeah but D3 was a complete fail, so it doesn't count

There should definitely be pvp and there should definitely be rewards for it.  I never understood why people assume putting pvp into a game automatically ruins it.  It's about how well it's done.  Pvp is just another thing they would need to learn how to balance both in terms of reward and gameplay.  Writing it off altogether isn't necessarily the answer.  What kind of pvp is the question here: I like the idea of a moba-esque pvp as long as the rewards and in-match stats are balanced.  

@Seanshineyouth quote:

There should definitely be pvp and there should definitely be rewards for it.  I never understood why people assume putting pvp into a game automatically ruins it.  It's about how well it's done.  Pvp is just another thing they would need to learn how to balance both in terms of reward and gameplay.  Writing it off altogether isn't necessarily the answer.  What kind of pvp is the question here: I like the idea of a moba-esque pvp as long as the rewards and in-match stats are balanced.  

It comes down to developer time and money. Making games is far from free and doesn't even come close to any definition of cheap. "Doing it right" would take up a lot of dev time, it is no simple proposition. All the dev time that goes into pvp could be put into the core game. So does pvp automatically make a game worse? Not necessarily, but it more often than not is just a junk addon waste of everybody's time.