Hey guys. I was just wondering, are the bans from DD1 counting toward DD2? Do they use the same servers or is it 100% fresh database?

I've not played it yet, but was curious if I could play at all.

[[67332,users]] quote:

I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Hi Munkeywaxx, 

Bans from DD1 do not carry over into DD2. You should be able to play fine, as long as you are on your best behavior!

I will be. I've learned my lesson from DD1. :) 

If you don't mind me asking... what did you do?

[[64213,users]] quote:

Munkeywaxx quote:

I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Hi Munkeywaxx, 

Bans from DD1 do not carry over into DD2. You should be able to play fine, as long as you are on your best behavior!

What didn't he do... Kappa 

We don't discuss bans on the forums guys. :)

Whatever happened, he's got a chance to make sure to play nice in DD2 :)

[[67171,users]] quote:

Arxiun quote:

Munkeywaxx quote:

I_PASS_BUTTER quote:

Hi Munkeywaxx, 

What didn't he do... Kappa 

*No Comment* What's been done has been done.. I'll leave it at that :)

• 3 weeks later...

Heh, no way they're gonna miss out on revenue from accounts and IPs that were banned in the original. Cheating is serious business for gaming companies, unless it comes to losing money. And hey, I'm not just picking on Trendy, here; what the OP suggested isn't the way the majority of gaming studios would do business, either. That's just the way she goes...

I dont know if its the right place to post something like this but ina  sassion that i played in a random room  i saw spheres with over 25000% energy.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=368733960

@WaxPaper quote:

Heh, no way they're gonna miss out on revenue from accounts and IPs that were banned in the original. Cheating is serious business for gaming companies, unless it comes to losing money. And hey, I'm not just picking on Trendy, here; what the OP suggested isn't the way the majority of gaming studios would do business, either. That's just the way she goes...

You can't really just ban someone from all games on the internet for cheating in one of them. This isn't about revenue, If he does something wrong again you can be sure he (and anyone else who does) will be banned again. new game, new slate seems pretty reasonable to me.

So I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you saying that game studios should ban someone from every game they make even if they never played their other games?

I can tell you as one example that World of Warcraft (and most MMOs) have no problem banning cheaters and do so all the time. If the banned person buys a new copy of the game, makes a new account and cheats again, whose fault is that? I'm not sure any company should feel bad about taking a cheater's money a second time when they were totally willing to pay (otherwise they wouldn't have come back.)- Plus, you never know- they might not cheat a second time and everything's good. Besides, IP or MAC bans are of limited effectiveness- it's not easy to get rid of somebody permanently, even if you want to (And as a forum moderator, I can say that applies on forums as well :p )

@Alhanalem quote:

@WaxPaper quote:

You can't really just ban someone from all games on the internet for cheating in one of them. This isn't about revenue, If he does something wrong again you can be sure he (and anyone else who does) will be banned again. new game, new slate seems pretty reasonable to me.

So I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you saying that game studios should ban someone from every game they make even if they never played their other games?

I can tell you as one example that World of Warcraft (and most MMOs) have no problem banning cheaters and do so all the time. If the banned person buys a new copy of the game, makes a new account and cheats again, whose fault is that? I'm not sure any company should feel bad about taking a cheater's money a second time when they were totally willing to pay (otherwise they wouldn't have come back.)- Plus, you never know- they might not cheat a second time and everything's good. Besides, IP or MAC bans are of limited effectiveness- it's not easy to get rid of somebody permanently, even if you want to (And as a forum moderator, I can say that applies on forums as well :p )

Mac/IP bans are the easiest to get out of.  Banning of the account though.. that's a loss of progress and money.  Banning both.. /cry

• 3 years later...

so i was playing for about 2 hours with a group of 3 friends (4 in all). We were having fun until one of my friends could no longer join due to a ... griefing ban? Not sure why.

3 year necro...best as a new thread.... Never heard of that ban though...weird.