Class Challenges: a new way to unlock future classes

I had a brainwave today, and it was glorious. Imagine unlocking a class by playing a mission with it, but with special circumstances that would make it require unique thinking to solve.

Example: to unlock Apprentice (not saying you would have to, just as an example), you would have to beat a mission that had large clusters of hard-hitting, medium health enemies. This would require you to figure out a way to make those enemies less challenging. The strategy would likely involve all four of the Apprentice's defenses, since they're all AoE, but that's the beauty of Class Challenges. They would teach you the class in a setting that would also allow you to unlock it for future play!

I hope people think this suggestion is a good idea :D

Good idea man but most  likely will not happen. Due to the fact that new classes will be bought with real money as a way for the game to have income coming in. All of this is IMO naturaly.

Stormgaleb quote:

Good idea man but most  likely will not happen. Due to the fact that new classes will be bought with real money as a way for the game to have income coming in.

That hasn't been stated anywhere, that I'm aware of. Trendy has made very few decisions on its monetization ideas, at least publicly. The one thing they have stated multiple times is:

It will also be free, supported by ethical in-game purchases like costumes & tower skins. These purchases will never provide gameplay advantage.

Until I hear otherwise from Trendy, I am not assuming new heroes (or maps) will cost real money.

That aside, I think specific class challenges would be great. Learning how to use characters correctly separates a good player from a bad player. XD

Edit: Just grabbed this from a GameSpot article too:

Specifically, goods in the game available for real world cash will only be cosmetic, vanity items, such as various outfits for each hero to be tailored in. Players won't be able to buy an item that makes their gameplay experience any easier, Logston said.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dungeon-defenders-2-devs-explain-ps4-exclusivity/1100-6423818/

thanks for the feedback, all :D I love coming up with neat ideas for this game, and, sadly, this is only the second one I've ever posted, so you might see more in the future.

[[49115,users]] quote:

Until I hear otherwise from Trendy, I am not assuming new heroes (or maps) will cost real money.

That aside, I think specific class challenges would be great. Learning how to use characters correctly separates a good player from a bad player. XD

Specifically, goods in the game available for real world cash will only be cosmetic, vanity items, such as various outfits for each hero to be tailored in. Players won't be able to buy an item that makes their gameplay experience any easier, Logston said.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dungeon-defenders-2-devs-explain-ps4-exclusivity/1100-6423818/

Well seeing as the last game was bought and not FTP and the other classes were bought I will go with that is the way there doing it till they say otherwise. I would be very shocked if they were just giving out all the classes.

Stormgaleb quote:

Rudy06 quote:

Well seeing as the last game was bought and not FTP and the other classes were bought I will go with that is the way there doing it till they say otherwise. I would be very shocked if they were just giving out all the classes.

Ummm, they have said otherwise, in the whole "real money transactions only give you cosmetics" thing. Heroes are most certainly not just cosmetics, lol.

Also, if the heroes DO for some reason cost real money, the Class Challenges could unlock an epic skin for the heroes and towers, or something, to show that you have risen to the challenge of a Class Challenge.

Stormgaleb quote:

Good idea man but most  likely will not happen. Due to the fact that new classes will be bought with real money as a way for the game to have income coming in.

Don't just throw stuff out like that, there's no mention of that anywhere. 

You're pointing things as a fact which might lead people into actually believing in that, it's not true it hasn't been decided yet, the developers said that it will be what the community wants, if the community will choose payed heroes, or not will. The community plays a huge part in this game's development.

They're focused on the core game play development so such issues will be treated of later. The first game also was pay to play and had DLCs, this game won't have DLCs all game content will be Free to Play.

Now whether or not if you believe it it's up to you just don't post it as a fact to others. 

[[43252,users]] quote:

Stormgaleb quote:

Don't just throw stuff out like that, there's no mention of that anywhere. 

You're pointing things as a fact which might lead people into actually believing in that, it's not true it hasn't been decided yet, the developers said that it will be what the community wants, if the community will choose payed heroes, or not will. The community plays a huge part in this game's development.

They're focused on the core game play development so such issues will be treated of later. The first game also was pay to play and had DLCs, this game won't have DLCs all game content will be Free to Play.

Now whether or not if you believe it it's up to you just don't post it as a fact to others. 

One im not just throwing it out there it is IMO. If you do not like it is fine if you do it is fine. But do not ever tell me how to word things. You are no mod.

[[11584,users]] quote:

One im not just throwing it out there it is IMO. If you do not like it is fine if you do it is fine. But do not ever tell me how to word things. You are no mod. 

I'm not telling you how to word things, but rather not to lie to people.. It doesn't require one to be a mod to correct people who are sending out wrong information, people read this and some might believe what you just said.

just to go back to topic and leave these silly F2P/P2W discussions no one should care about

I really like the idea of specialized missions for each class to solo play and your idea of introducing the class while playing them in a kind of tutorial/puzzle challange

[[43252,users]] quote:

Stormgaleb quote:

I'm not telling you how to word things, but rather not to lie to people.. It doesn't require one to be a mod to correct people who are sending out wrong information, people read this and some might believe what you just said.

So now IMO is a lie wow man you got some nerve.

[[12044,users]] quote:

just to go back to topic and leave these silly F2P/P2W discussions no one should care about

I really like the idea of specialized missions for each class to solo play and your idea of introducing the class while playing them in a kind of tutorial/puzzle challange

And yes I do agree it is a good idea.

[[11584,users]] quote:

where exactly did you say it was your opinion? I saw you giving your opinion based on what you call a fact, which is not a fact anywhere:

[[11584,users]] quote:

[[43252,users]] quote:

Stormgaleb quote:

where exactly did you say it was your opinion? I saw you giving your opinion based on what you call a fact, which is not a fact anywhere:

Stormgaleb quote:

[[11584,users]] quote:

Rudy06 quote:

And your not reading further down. Just because I say fact in the statement does not make it face. it was stated IMO no IMO put in the statement. Good god man are you fishing. Stop being so negative to something that is not in like with what you want. Your like this in almost ever suggestion post. Just stop.

And to the OP again I do find it a good idea man.

[[11584,users]] quote:

And your not reading further down. Just because I say fact in the statement does not make it face. it was stated IMO no IMO put in the statement. Good god man are you fishing. Stop being so negative to something that is not in like with what you want. Your like this in almost ever suggestion post. Just stop.

The explanation you provided still doesn't make your first sentence a fact, an opinion it's not a fact, a guess based on your opinion is really not a fact. I'm not trying to place hate or trying to discuss anything, i'm worried about what other people will understand from your post.

A fact is a fact, if you have a guess based on your opinion it's a guess not a fact. 
I did read what you stated bellow but it still doesn't change the fact, that you stated your guess as a fact.

Sorry to OP for going out of your subject, i really am sorry, just that people shouldn't be providing false information claiming their guesses to be facts and misleading new comers with doubts to believe certain things.

[[43252,users]] quote:

Stormgaleb quote:

The explanation you provided still doesn't make your first sentence a fact, an opinion it's not a fact, a guess based on your opinion is really not a fact. I'm not trying to place hate or trying to discuss anything, i'm worried about what other people will understand from your post.

A fact is a fact, if you have a guess based on your opinion it's a guess not a fact. 
I did read what you stated bellow but it still doesn't change the fact, that you stated your guess as a fact.

Sorry to OP for going out of your subject, i really am sorry, just that people shouldn't be providing false information claiming their guesses to be facts and misleading new comers with doubts to believe certain things.

Dude your still fishing and assuming ppl are stupid. It is not your place to worry about what ppl think I mean that is a mods place. I am not going to tell you that you should keep your comments to the post at hand that's not my place. But please in the future if you have issues with how I word things send me a PM and we can keep this off the boards as it should be "IMO". This is the last I will say anything with you on open forums that takes us off dissucion.

And again OP gave you love on the idea and good work man. Keep the ideas coming.

Stormgaleb quote:

"Due to the fact" implies that the information you're providing is objectively true.  No one can stop you from thinking that Trendy will go back on their word and sell new characters, but to state it as a 'fact' would be misleading.  They have provided statements that Rudy06 has pointed out saying that they are not planning on selling characters.  Whether you believe the devs is up to you, but please consider rewording your original comment.

Leidiriv  I like your idea of having a specific character challenge, maybe not to unlock it, but later in the game progression??  An intro map to each class could be nice, then maybe a challenge map later down the track.  Definitely do like the sound of it though, cool suggestion~

[[11584,users]] quote:

thanks you for the replay Baxter and I fixed it. sry for going off topic on this post so bad anda big appoligy to the OP 

Thanks chief, appreciate it. 

[[11584,users]] quote:

thanks you for the replay Baxter and I fixed it. sry for going off topic on this post so bad anda big appoligy to the OP 

No big, I do very much understand fears that Trendy will make classes cost money to play as. :D

[[59367,users]] quote:

Leidiriv  I like your idea of having a specific character challenge, maybe not to unlock it, but later in the game progression??  An intro map to each class could be nice, then maybe a challenge map later down the track.  Definitely do like the sound of it though, cool suggestion~

Hmmm, perhaps a basic challenge suited to each class to unlock it, and then later on, challenges to unlock really cool skins? idk, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet idea, but if they implement it I want the challenges to be randomized to a certain point. All players have a different challenge (different mobs that spawn/different map played on). That way the "solution" to the challenge won't be posted on the internet and everyone could complete it

Yeah, I see the point about slightly randomized layouts, internet sharing is very counterintuitive to making good players (in this case, that is)

Edit: but it should still require the sane basic technique to complete the CC

@Leidiriv quote:

Yeah, I see the point about slightly randomized layouts, internet sharing is very counterintuitive to making good players (in this case, that is)

Edit: but it should still require the sane basic technique to complete the CC

Yes yes totaly agree with the technique to complete it should stay the same. Then the internet can share the technique but not the build to finish it. That way all players have to use there skill in the game to complete the challenge