Sign in to follow this  
Tregavin

Loot Dropping System

I have a problem with the dropping system. I understand the reasoning for seperating all the loot from each seperate player but I think this is a detrement to the fun people have. Yes, loot sniping is a thing. But having loot shared gives more of a feeling your all fighting for the same thing. DDE was fun because you all shared the final mana pool, but in this it feels like you all have different games you're playing. It seperates the players.

Now this leads into the second issue... No auto selling of loot at the beggininning of waves. I'm assuming this just isn't implimented and is crudely solved by the temporary box. But this to me is a absolute necesity(unless someone has a better idea). The auto selling lead everyone to feel that they all shared in a group experience where everyone got a piece of the pot.

To clarify, I understand a lot of things haven't been implimented or are having trouble but I see the game going down a path I don't necisarily like (or will just plainly have to get used to). I have always liked playing with my friends and seeing good loot that wasn't good for me but for the friend and was able to tell him where it was.

Shared loot is better when playing with friends, sure, but the current system is absolutely better when playing with random people, which trendy seems to think will be the primary mode of play. I certainly never do it, but I'm sure they have stats that say otherwise.

Ye kinda pain when somebody other take your lane green mana for towers, i though at first all drops were for you, but seems they can take your green mana dropped from mobs u kill.

I really like the loot to be instanced, keep in mind that trade will be possible in the future. 
Why is instanced loot good? We can play with friends and not be like "nah it's cool bro you can keep it, and he no bro you did it all yo can keep it" when both of you actually need that item. This makes farming with friends better. 

Now the mana isn't instanced, you can drop mana to others and the mana on the ground is public for everybody to grab it.

Heck no, the current system is way more relaxing than all the stress for loot and melee having it before casters all the time. 

Now I can actually play a long range archer supporting multiple lanes with the increased damage at long range without having to worry about random people picking up my loot.

[[65610,users]] quote:

Shared loot is better when playing with friends, sure, but the current system is absolutely better when playing with random people, which trendy seems to think will be the primary mode of play. I certainly never do it, but I'm sure they have stats that say otherwise.

I absolutely agree. It is a ton better for random. And to revise my point after looking through the other posts I would say that it should be made as an option. So if you are going random the loot is instanced, but if you make your own team the loot will be FFA if selected as an option. I feel the free for all version (when played with friends) is better atmospherically. It gives a better connection to the other players and it creates a team feeling. However, this is only my opinion.

[[12471,users]] quote:

Just give me my Greens+ , let the rest of the loot be FFA.

Now about the mana. The mana appropriation needs a workover/rebalance. It just isn't as fun when you barily get enough mana to build a few towers limiting your possible building patters to only one method that works. Personally I loved DD1 where mana just flew around everywhere. It gave an atmosphere that you were plowing through dungeons and killing bosses and energy was flowing around you. That may sound weird but in the new version, you get tiny little crystals which most melee players will steal from you anyway when not plaing with friends. 

Trading will make the systems I have talked about lessened in severity but won't change the backing reasons. Not really making a point here just putting that out there.

PS. Okay, I don't know how to quote effectively. 1 v 1 me irl.

i doesnt like the current loot system either. Feels like each player is playing on their own.

prefer the DD1 system where all loot are shared.

WE SHOULD HAVE A POLL ON THIS!