Sign in to follow this  
minizero

Can i play DD2 offline?

Hello everyone,

As the title says, can i play DD2 offline?

Also, can i use my offline character in multiplayer (when i get a good connexion^^)?

Considering buying the early access, but still on the fence because of my connexion issues.

Thanks in advance.

As of now, no. The game is still in Pre-Alpha but I'm not sure if they're going to implement offline mode. Although, it would be a great idea!

i would love to see offline mode but having separate characters from online mode AND also being able to copy online characters -> offline mode but NOT offline characters to online mode.

This matter was heavily discussed, and it was decided that the game will be 100% online only.  It was just too difficult to secure the game content if offline play was possible.

Offline might be possible down the line, but it would have to be completely seperate to avoid security issues.

But really, anything can happen with the proper feedback, so don't hold anything back!

completely separate characters for offline and online modes are fine by me. maybe you can have a poll down the line asking what ppl think? (i am betting a lot would love to have offline modes as well. would love to play on train rides).

Why not let those people hack off line, let them choose how they play "THEIR" game off line, cause for 1 its not hurting anybody at all and 2 its only on line cause yall are in it for the damned money and not the intrests of all the gamers that would love off line mode, which is more than likely give or take 70% of players, off line mode just means less money gained when in all actuality yall are lossing a lot of money that way cause i guarantee you theres a ton of people that wont buy the game only cause its online only and well a ton of people dont have internet or cant get it cause of the area like me so if ya aint got internet you definitely wont get the game if its online only cause thered be no point if you cant play it

@dctalk quote:

Why not let those people hack off line, let them choose how they play "THEIR" game off line, cause for 1 its not hurting anybody at all and 2 its only on line cause yall are in it for the damned money and not the intrests of all the gamers that would love off line mode, which is more than likely give or take 70% of players, off line mode just means less money gained when in all actuality yall are lossing a lot of money that way cause i guarantee you theres a ton of people that wont buy the game only cause its online only and well a ton of people dont have internet or cant get it cause of the area like me so if ya aint got internet you definitely wont get the game if its online only cause thered be no point if you cant play it

Just shy of three years and little to no grammar. I'm impressed.