Sign in to follow this  
Egg_McMuffin

The new art style do you like it?

Just wondering how many of you actually like the new art style, in my opinion i really do not like it at all, to me it looks cheap and nasty, What do you think?.

Well, first of all gee thanks for the constructive criticism.

Second, i actually like it because its fresh just like DD1 was with fresh art style back then. Only thing that seems a bit odd is the big head thing that some characters have going on. It bounds to happen that someone doesnt like the completely new art style, but dont you think its too late to object this as an issue ? You either get used to it or just leave, i suppose.

Personally I absolutely love the new art style.  In particular the new characters and the huntress especially though, I swear, they've toned down the bounce and sway in her hair just recently.  Put it back ! :P

When I only saw ingame records I did not like it. After playing it by myself I started to like it. It is hard for me to tell what looks better: DD1 or DD2.

I don't have preference one over the other really, they are different, this one is more cartoon-ish the other was more... cute? 

The heroes have matured they're not kids anymore so i feel like this gives the whole game a feel that they've grown and it's not all just shiny effects, it has a different view of the game. 
The new graphics get into my eyes much smoother somehow, i think it might take you a while to adapt it might just be the DD1 nostalgic searcher trying to trick you into not liking the graphics. However if you really don't it's understandable as they are quite different. 

It didn't stop being a Dungeon Defenders quite style how ever it feels more mature, which i think matches the game reality and situation. (besides the feeling of clarity and smoothness in the graphics)

I enjoy DD2 art-style over DD1 because as Gutu pointed out, this one seems more cartoonish, but less anime-ish or "cute." (I am not a fan of anime)

These graphics are clearly more refined, which is also what I prefer. But the art-style doesn't bother me much.

For some reason, the art style mixed with he environment designs and enemy designs reminds me a LOT of Spyro the Dragon, and that gives me such a nostalgic feeling that I have to love it