[WTG] So you think you can item check

Winner: Zantir

I seem to get asked all the time about how to item check different items. Really, there is no quick and simple answer. However, a lot of the times people can will learn a lot about it simply by playing the game and looking at items. So here is a little test to see just how good you are. 

Send me your answers in a PM on the forums. 

The person who answers the most questions correctly will win a glacier!

Question #1. Is there a difference between Ult (lvl 90) and Ult (lvl 93) items. If so, what is the biggest difference? 

Question #2. What should be the correct tag on the following piece of armor? (Enchanted, Lucky so on....)

b3dad94b9b.jpg

http://puu.sh/dip5I/b3dad94b9b.jpg

Question #3. There are 2 big reasons as to why this piece of armor is hacked. Can you pick out the 2 errors that the hacker who made this piece made? (I want both)

238dd32008.jpg

http://puu.sh/dioR9/238dd32008.jpg

Question #4. Is this item legit? If not, what is wrong with it?

c5e0f1c477.jpg

http://puu.sh/diqKl/c5e0f1c477.jpg

Tie Breaker. What is the mana value of the following item?

560449fb0c.jpg

http://puu.sh/diplB/560449fb0c.jpg

Send me your answers in a PM on the forums. 

The person who answers the most questions correctly will win a glacier!

Bump keep those answers coming 

and yes i will be saying the answers to the questions afterwards 

Just a quick question.  I'm new to DD.  I got it  little over a month ago.  How much does a Glacier's Demise go for?  Cause my highest level character is 90 :D

[[65173,users]] quote:

Just a quick question.  I'm new to DD.  I got it  little over a month ago.  How much does a Glacier's Demise go for?  Cause my highest level character is 90 :D

Not sure if you mean what level is required or what kind of currency you could get with one.

Level Requirement: 70 iirc

Currency: According to Person Man's Value List it goes for ~55 Cubes (Probably inaccurate since not much trading is going on in DD1 anymore)  

[[42444,users]] quote:

Josh_1030 quote:

Not sure if you mean what level is required or what kind of currency you could get with one.

Currency: According to Person Man's Value List it goes for ~55 Cubes (Probably inaccurate since not much trading is going on in DD1 anymore)  

Yeah, I meant value of item.  I wanted to know caused sine I'm getting better, I want to start farming Lab for coal and cube items and WW for coal :D

Josh_1030 quote:

Yeah, I meant value of item.  I wanted to know caused sine I'm getting better, I want to start farming Lab for coal and cube items and WW for coal :D

If we're going super in-depth, last one i've seen sold is 60 cubes. 1 cube = 6 coal. 1 coal = 12b - 18b mana. So that'd be... 6480 billion mana if you were to get the best prices. Not to mention Glacier's Demise is the best sword reaching onwards to 2 billion damage while boosted, and is known for 1-shotting most bosses.

[[56457,users]] quote:
Josh_1030 quote:

If we're going super in-depth, last one i've seen sold is 60 cubes. 1 cube = 6 coal. 1 coal = 12b - 18b mana. So that'd be... 6480 billion mana if you were to get the best prices. Not to mention Glacier's Demise is the best sword reaching onwards to 2 billion damage while boosted, and is known for 1-shotting most bosses.

I know!  I don't have even one cube yet!  I haven't event made my first yet!  So getting this would be really nice!

[[65173,users]] quote:

I know!  I don't have even one cube yet!  I haven't event made my first yet!  So getting this would be really nice!

Well, good Luck to you then! :)

[[42444,users]] quote:

Josh_1030 quote:

Well, good Luck to you then! :)

Thank you!  I hope if I win, some maps would be a lot easier

Bump keep those guesses coming.

will end some time towards the end of the week when i have more time. will announce official end date later on

Congrats to Zantir for getting 3.5/4 correct

Answers to the questions 

1. The main difference between ult 90 and ult 93 is the number of max upgrades. 

Crzyrndm has posted the max upgrades of items along time ago

2c618cbe77.jpg

2. the correct answer is no tag. the dd wiki has an explanation as to why 

bf00060c02.jpg

3. there are 2 mistakes. 

3.1. not enough upgrades to reach current stats 

(quoting mang because im to lazy to type it all)  Fairly common knowledge, but at spawn, any NON ULT++ armor can have at very most 330 in a stat (ULT++ can have more). IMO the cap should really be stated as 329, because of how the rand() function and rounding works, the chance of actually rolling a perfect 330 in a stat is MEGA SLIM. Be very wary of a piece of armor that has any stat spawned at 330.

so....

(347-329)+(422-329)+(600-329)>368 = hacked

3.2. The item is trans quality. there is not enough stats on the item for it to be an ult quality piece. the mana value on the piece is actually correct. 

the public ic sheet will actually catch these 2 mistakes (it just doesnt check anything else)

4. The piece is possible... or atleast according to ddace it is... just found a random piece on the ic thread and used that.

Tie breaker: 609,715,308 

Awesome! I learned a LOT about item checking while trying to make educated guesses to win. I now know a few things to watch out for as I shop around.

The one thing that eluded me was the mana value for an item. I couldn't find a formula or rule of thumb.

Dang, I got close. :( Got 3.5 right as well I think unless my answer for 3.1 was worded badly. Anyways, congratulations Zantir :)

Just to sum it all up in a document for later purposes (for those non IC-pros like me and not Zantir).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ihwojg3c3ijxu8/DD%20Item%20check.pdf?dl=0