PS4 Version Confirmed in Gamespot Article

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dungeon-defenders-2-devs-explain-ps4-exclusivity/1100-6423818/

You can still google the link, but the article is 404'd.  Got me super excited!

I know the Playverse environment is built to be cross-platform, so it is highly likely that it will be coming to other gaming platforms/consoles eventually.

Hopefully not PS4 exclusive I have the Xbox one and lost several hours and sleepless night playing original DD on my 360, I just downloaded DD2 on my laptop,  but I have a ton of friends that don't PC game but loved the first and would even pay to get it in there Xbox one 

I wouldn't expect it to be released for the PS4 because console updates are pretty annoying for any developers while updating a game is way more convenient through steam.

The text of the article featured one of the developers alluding to the fact that it's easier for them to update and iterate on the PS4 than it is on X-Box One (I'm inferring and paraphrasing, so take this with a grain of salt), which is why it is planned (for 2015 at least) to be a PS4-only console game.  The exact language the interviewee used was very vague.  Hopefully, the article will go back up soon and maybe we'll get an official announcement.

I can't imagine it being easier to port to the PS4 then the Xbox one both consoles use the same architecture x86 which is the same as PC's so it should be the same and Microsoft is really big on making it easy to do so, I hope they bring it to both bit understand why they wouldn't from what I understand they they lost money on bringing it to the ps3 and 360 that's why they didn't get really any dlc, but also since DD1 went free for a brief period on them it brought more interest in the game I would have never heard of it or played it if I didn't get it for free on my 360 but once I did I learned how awesome it was and went and bought it on my PC and would have happily paid  for it on my 360 after experiencing it

I didn't get the impression they were talking about difficulty porting, but rather that the backend updating process was more accessible and/or fluid on PS4 than the XBO.  I REALLY hope we get some hard information on this soon.

EDIT: Haha!  Just figured it out.  They're going to announce it during the 2014 Game awards and the article went up a few hours early.  Look for confirmation in a few hours.

I found the article it was still up on yahoo it states that it will be a PS4 through 2015 and that Xbox one isn't off the table but they don't know yet

[[65448,users]] quote:

I found the article it was still up on yahoo it states that it will be a PS4 through 2015 and that Xbox one isn't off the table but they don't know yet

if you could give us links where we could actually check..

Interesting