Sign in to follow this  
Goddess

Today is EA! Who is Hyped?!

I am very excited to get to meet and play with you all! Who is hyped about Early Access? I know i am! :D

5 hours it shows on the steam store! YAY! ^^ 

DD2 on Steam 

- Goddess

[[65224,users]] quote:

I'm absolutely ecstatic! After years of waiting, it's finally here, I'm counting the minutes.

Edit: question, why does it say 501 posts below my name?

The forums lost all the posts for the first month of the new forums so they gave everyone 500 posts to compensate.

4 HOURS LEEEEEEEEEFT!! I hope the servers wont get overloaded. :)

btw, what's the size of the game?

Is it true that you have to pay for early access ? I mean like anyone cant play from today onwards right or am i wrong ?

yea. you need to pay to play for early access for now, on full release its free to play, you can one pay for skins and that stuff no dls(no pay to win stuff)

Early Access is always at a premium because you get a little bit of control on how the game's going to end up as. With most Early Access games I've played, the devs listen a lot more before the official release than after it and because there are fewer players, your opinion is worth more. 

So "we" pay to beta test the game and report bugs back to them so they can fix it and we spend money to do this ... Any other game i know in Beta stage or even Alpha will run the game for free to get a large amount of players to report back on the bugs. Give me this choice before DDE came out i possibly would have taken it with the success of DD1 but its been a big sliding slope since and wont stick my hand in my pocket again for something that maybe delayed...

I see them give a limited 1 time only DD Council only to give the option of getting it again then it becomes 2nd time only, and now pay to play early access ? Talk about milking the goat. Dont get me wrong here i loved DD1 i played over 2000 hours but something fell apart with this company a while ago.

Will see you when its free to play :) Plenty of other games in the meantime to focus on.

Just going to point it out, there are no free Early Access games on Steam, indie games are $5-$10, company games are much more. If they offer like they did DD council seats earlier, you'll get compensated in-game currency. I paid $30 and got $40 in-game cash that I would have bought anyways, so it's a trade-off. 

There is loads of games where you have to pay to be part of alpha or EA. And yeah here is awesome that you get in-game currency as bonus + other goodies.

[[21784,users]] quote:

So "we" pay to beta test the game and report bugs back to them so they can fix it and we spend money to do this ... Any other game i know in Beta stage or even Alpha will run the game for free to get a large amount of players to report back on the bugs. Give me this choice before DDE came out i possibly would have taken it with the success of DD1 but its been a big sliding slope since and wont stick my hand in my pocket again for something that maybe delayed...

I see them give a limited 1 time only DD Council only to give the option of getting it again then it becomes 2nd time only, and now pay to play early access ? Talk about milking the goat. Dont get me wrong here i loved DD1 i played over 2000 hours but something fell apart with this company a while ago.

Will see you when its free to play :) Plenty of other games in the meantime to focus on.

What EA for games means is the ability to support the game financialy with the trade of being able to play it, there were previous council seats that were earned so, not everybody payed to get in. 

Now the ability to play the game allows you to do 2 things, test bugs and give your feedback, they come as people say requirements because, why else would you pay if you don't want to be a part of? but the thing is that all the money will go towards the game development, so, yes the game is going to be free to play, if you don't want to support the game or you dislike EA is cool nobody forces you, but it's kind of a trend on games right now to have payed early access. The developers get money to keep developing the game and the players get to help the game develop, everybody is happy :)

My past 10 years gaming history iv been in quite a few closed beta's and alpha's and they have been free. Lets face it here, DDE was bad at start and still has its problems, its like they never truely tested properly before release and it seems to me here they are milking every penny out of people before it goes free, i mean good on them if they can do but then respect gets lost. I dont mind paying for games at all as with my steam games list hitting almost 400 games im no tight fist but honestly you must be blind to see what they are doing here. Im not trying to start a flame war this is just my opinion and i will probably play the game only when its free and i know its not riddled with bugs and false promises and that we dont have to wait another full year before its out of early access like it was meant to be released over a year ago, those false promises and let downs have taught me a tough lesson. Just my 2 cents. Would love some feedback on the game when its out though and will probably check some streams of gameplay :)

[[21784,users]] quote:

My past 10 years gaming history iv been in quite a few closed beta's and alpha's and they have been free. Lets face it here, DDE was bad at start and still has its problems, its like they never truely tested properly before release and it seems to me here they are milking every penny out of people before it goes free, i mean good on them if they can do but then respect gets lost. I dont mind paying for games at all as with my steam games list hitting almost 400 games im no tight fist but honestly you must be blind to see what they are doing here. Im not trying to start a flame war this is just my opinion and i will probably play the game only when its free and i know its not riddled with bugs and false promises and that we dont have to wait another full year before its out of early access like it was meant to be released over a year ago, those false promises and let downs have taught me a tough lesson. Just my 2 cents. Would love some feedback on the game when its out though and will probably check some streams of gameplay :)

There are already quite some videos, out there and streams, Dungeon Defenders Eternity is being developed by a different team than DD1 or DD2,so yeah, there are quite some mistakes done on DDe tbh.

Now about DD2 i've been playing for a month, and for a Pre-Alpha is simply amazing and they've been working actually quite well, if you've been checking the news some of the changes they apply are actually due to the community feedback, why did we go Early Access and council sales? Because the community asked for it.

I believe the Closed Betas are nice and all but this way allows everybody who wants to support the game to be able to, and by doing that get the chance of helping even further, it's just a different way of getting things done, instead of having donations enable with closed betas there's a way to support it by paying and getting something out of it.

But your view is valid, not trying to counter you just showing my line of thoughts, i've been loving DD2 but if you want to *play* the game as in keep progress and play a complete game you should wait for official release xD

anyway, cheers man hope i succeed in showing you another point of view xD

Gutu have you ever thought about a job in the sales industry ? I think you would do very well lol :)

In all seriousness though, yes i can see your point of view also and will have a long hard think after reading your post so thank you very much, maybe will leave it a day or 2 and see what other people think before finally make up my mind but you persuaded me a little :) Thank you.

Just wanted to point out a few potential reasons for having the Early Access cost money. Allowing it to be Free to Play at this stage in the game would most likely invite more trouble than good, that is why there is a pay-gate. 

• This allows people who want to play and help build the game in and keeps out people who aren't sold on DD2 yet.
  • Security reasons. Allowing everyone free access, especially this early, could potentially allow individuals who want do more harm than good access. If they have to buy the game, it may make them a little more hesitant. In addition, Trendy can easily ban the account so if they want to continue, they must purchase it again.
  • Server Requirements. If this was going into a F2P Alpha, or Beta, then Trendy would have to maintain/acquire additional servers (which they have probably already done for Early Access, but would require more if completey F2P). Doing it this way allows them to slowly scale up.

If you choose not to participate in Early Access, I hope to see you around the forums or eventually in game!

They're putting up a price for the EA to avoid trollers. And ofc, to support the game financially. :) 

[[50219,users]] quote:

Whatttttt, the time has went from an hour to 3!!!! I can't wait much longer :(

It's ultimately up to Valve to flip the switch. We're looking into it. Hang in there!