Patch DD Petition

@thelistogaming quote:

DD2 is on its way this year.  I think you will live without 100% support to a game that isn't on their priority list right now.

There's 3 problems with this statement.

Firstly, you missed the entire point of this thread if you want us to wait for DD2. This is a petition requesting content that was promised to us following the conclusion of the the third map contest., and it has yet to be released. Furthermore, there are multiple bugs of significant effect that still plague the game: countless CD bugs, trading glitches that makes players lose items in trade, and there have been multiple suggestions of how to improve the gaming experience that would be relatively simple to add in (2 bil mana token).

Secondly, DD2 is an entirely different style of game. It is structured much more like an MMO than DD1/E, with different mechanics at every turn, and a completely new set of towers and hero abilities. Why wait to play a game we might now want to play in the first place?

Thirdly, the fact that DD1 is not on Trendy's list of priorities is sad, considering that it has double the current playerbase of both of the "priority" games. Trendy would undoubtedly make more money releasing the Moonbase DLC than any effort put into DD2 or DDE at this point.

@ddace quote:

@thelistogaming quote:

DD2 is on its way this year.  I think you will live without 100% support to a game that isn't on their priority list right now.

No one said we were going to die by not getting the support promised.  We will continue to ask for it though.

DD2 however has nothing to do with this thread.  Not everyone is looking forward to it so mentioning that it will be out this year brings little comfort to those who dont care about it.  Also, I doubt DD2 is this year.  It might be though.  Time will tell. 

I totally agree. Just because we don't get Moonbase doesn't mean we will quit DD1, nor die. We all just really would appreciate to get what we were promised by Trendy a long time ago. Therefore we are continuing to ask for it.

I, for myself, do not care about DD2. I'll probably try it out once the full game is out, but i don't expect to much from it. At the moment, i honestly don't care about DD2 at all. 

I think you did.

@thelistogaming quote:

I simply said the game is on its way, not that it will be released this year.  This is like asking for support on Windows XP.  Lol

DD2 is on its way this year. I think you will live without 100% support to a game that isn't on their priority list right now.

Linus quote:

I totally agree. Just because we don't get Moonbase doesn't mean we will quit DD1, nor die. We all just really would appreciate to get what we were promised by Trendy a long time ago. Therefore we are continuing to ask for it.

Maybe you should look at what plagues DD1, and what is probably stopping them from showing interest.  To me, it looks like the same reason Rockstar didn't release the Heist DLC they promised to their player base until things were worked out, and are just now talking about releasing it. [Over a year later on a different console]

Granted it has been a very long time, and this content should have been released.  But with it being so long, and DD2 about to come out, I doubt you are going to see anything new with the focus that they are putting into DD2.

@cpaxe97 quote:

I think you did.

@thelistogaming quote:

I simply said the game is on its way, not that it will be released this year.  This is like asking for support on Windows XP.  Lol

DD2 is on its way this year. I think you will live without 100% support to a game that isn't on their priority list right now.

Next time, say something worthwhile.  ddace already responded to me, you're just trolling.

Please read below what DDACE told me so that you may be up to date on what's going on with this conversation.  Instead of jumping to a conclusion like you did:

@ddace quote:

One could infer that "on its way" means release, which is what I did, although may not have been your intent.  Not sure what your reason for mentioning it was then if not that there is another option this year.  Either way, it still is not really relevant to a thread asking Trendy to release the DLC they promised to.

As far as XP goes, it had many years of support.  It was released in 2001 and was supported until early last year.  So it received support for 13 years even while Win7 and Win8 were released.  Asking Trendy to do what they said for a 3 year old game is not exactly the same.  If so then we have 10 more years of support coming to us.  

Granted it is just a game and may not need 13 years of support.  However it is not crazy thing to ask that a game be supported more than 3 years.  TF2 has been around for about 7 years and still has quite the following and support.  

@thelistogaming quote:

Maybe you should look at what plagues DD1, and what is probably stopping them from showing interest.  To me, it looks like the same reason Rockstar didn't release the Heist DLC they promised to their player base until things were worked out, and are just now talking about releasing it. [Over a year later on a different console]

Granted it has been a very long time, and this content should have been released.  But with it being so long, and DD2 about to come out, I doubt you are going to see anything new with the focus that they are putting into DD2.

I think everyone who has posted in this thread asking for an update is very much aware of the "problems" that plague DD1 though. Those problems dont keep us from enjoying the game.  In fact many of us have played DDE and DD2 and still much prefer DD1. Looking at the steam charts it seems we arent alone.  

Why are people so bothered by others asking Trendy to update DD1?   If you have seen some of the different threads you can see we have been asking for an update for almost a year and are very much aware where Trendy's priorities are and their lack of interest in ever updating DD1 again.  We are also very much aware of what Trendy has to offer in the games they do support, DDE and DD2. We dont necessarily want that.  

If you like DD2 or DDE, then great.  I hope you enjoy it and get to play it for as long as you want.  I for one will continue to enjoy DD1.  I am fairly patient too and have no problems waiting on Trendy.  I will continue to ask for what they promised while suggesting other small things that could be easily fixed as well.  If this bothers anyone, I suggest they dont visit the DD1 forums for a couple of years as I will likely still be at asking then if they still have not responded.  :)

It may not happen, but I am fairly certain it definitely wont happen if people dont ask.

Decided to remake the Reddit to the r/gaming part.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised by the people bringing up the third map contest content not being added by now.  Let me help everyone understand the third contest was a Sham and Trendy knows it and thus have not acted on adding that content.  Trendy broke the rules of their own contest and passed off the 1st place to their favorite map maker, Cr4zy.  Regardless to the fact that my map was finished and uploaded well before his was, regardless that my map was -functioning- properly before Cr4zy's was, he uploaded it and it was broken and was allowed to breach the rules of the contest to fix it. They delayed the close of the contest because at the time, my map was the only one that was done and playable by the ~original~ deadline.  They  didn't even ask me if I was okay with that, much less credit me with anykind of "default" for having worked  a considerable amount of time into getting Brookrift Keep presentable, balanced, and playable.  (It still has some issues but I credit this to lack of any comprehensive feedback from players/Dev's over the last two years.) 

Finally as I understand it the back end for creating a patch for Dungeon Defenders is a royally painful task for the dev's for whatever reason, because of how the Steam Architecture works for the Ranked Hosting.  Everyone is just going to.. have to deal with it being not added.  Promised two years ago nearly.. if it's not in by now.. chances are pretty good it wont be at all.. by petition or otherwise.

@Nexus quote:

I'm surprised by the people bringing up the third map contest content not being added by now.  Let me help everyone understand the third contest was a Sham and Trendy knows it and thus have not acted on adding that content.  Trendy broke the rules of their own contest and passed off the 1st place to their favorite map maker, Cr4zy.  Regardless to the fact that my map was finished and uploaded well before his was, regardless that my map was -functioning- properly before Cr4zy's was, he uploaded it and it was broken and was allowed to breach the rules of the contest to fix it. They delayed the close of the contest because at the time, my map was the only one that was done and playable by the ~original~ deadline.  They  didn't even ask me if I was okay with that, much less credit me with anykind of "default" for having worked  a considerable amount of time into getting Brookrift Keep presentable, balanced, and playable.  (It still has some issues but I credit this to lack of any comprehensive feedback from players/Dev's over the last two years.) 

Finally as I understand it the back end for creating a patch for Dungeon Defenders is a royally painful task for the dev's for whatever reason, because of how the Steam Architecture works for the Ranked Hosting.  Everyone is just going to.. have to deal with it being not added.  Promised two years ago nearly.. if it's not in by now.. chances are pretty good it wont be at all.. by petition or otherwise.

I agree with you Nexus in that it has become a sham and probably a sham to begin with. I made a post in the New Patch thread prevously pointing out the fact that Cr4zy was working for Trendy at the time of the contest as well.  

I do remember it being extended but didnt know exactly why. I thought it was to get a couple more options in. Either way I dont have any intention to let them slide on it. I will continue to hold them to it even though it might be fruitless. However I still do hope when I look at the player count numbers between DD1, DDE and DD2 and cant help but think that one day they will realize they have made a bad decision by dropping support for the game that made them great.  Of course DD2 hasnt had a fair shot yet since it is not all there but still is not going great.  If they want to raise more money for future dev work, they really should think about supporting DD1 again in my opinion.

It is no bother to me to hound them about it.  iamisom has received plenty of emails from me on the subject already.  Although it has been a while so it may be time to send him another.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

@psych1 quote:

signed too , i hope we get their attention

May need to PM iamisom as well.  I think cp heard back that the petition wasnt doing anything.  Maybe if everyone lets isom know they would like to see moonbase and a patch.

@ddace quote:

@psych1 quote:

signed too , i hope we get their attention

May need to PM iamisom as well.  I think cp heard back that the petition wasnt doing anything.  Maybe if everyone lets isom know they would like to see moonbase and a patch.

I'm going to send them a email again, I'm not going to give up on this.

Me neither.  I think it is still good to mention it everywhere we can. 

So in another post not related to this one, IamIsom stated that the  "only person who could update the DDDK is no longer with the company". Chances are that getting a patch to the game with new content is never going to happen unless they pay a tidy sum to an outsourced company to get it done. And by now, most companies are focused on UE4 content. 

Don't want to burst your guy's hopes but.. Unless Trendy releases their source code, nothing will be fixed, patched, added.

yea we know... we have been told no plenty of times before.... just like to remind them that we still want it though

@Nexus quote:

So in another post not related to this one, IamIsom stated that the  "only person who could update the DDDK is no longer with the company". Chances are that getting a patch to the game with new content is never going to happen unless they pay a tidy sum to an outsourced company to get it done. And by now, most companies are focused on UE4 content. 

Don't want to burst your guy's hopes but.. Unless Trendy releases their source code, nothing will be fixed, patched, added.

They have a whole new team creating a new game based off of DD1.  I would think they could manage.  I am fairly certain they would have come out and said that previously if that was the case too.

I have looked at some of the code and a few things should be fairly easy patches.  Releasing DLCs from maps that have already been created shouldnt be that hard either.  But sometimes things arent quite as easy as it seems.  Still, we like to hope and ask. :)

As much as I don't like defending Trendy's silence on the matter, until everyone here gets on the development side of a game to understand the process, they are not likely to drop what they're doing on DD2 to patch DD1.  Things for DD2 will have to be past their Alpha/Beta stages for them to come back and patch DD1 unless they hand it over to someone whose got some free time.

Patching Dungeon Defenders is a bit more involved than just adjusting the code around as some of the programer's and IT people used to mention there is a lot involved with shifting maps into the game on the backend and there is also Quality Assurance to be done to make sure whatever they do patch doesn't break everything else. 

Thirdly, there is Dungeon Defenders Eternity, which I guess has a bunch of things "fixed" to how they want it to be.  I don't know if they moved that game to their new engine or not, but if they did, all the changes are null to DD1. 

So that being said, it is not in the best interests of Trendy's wallet for them to patch the original Dungeon Defenders. And maybe that sounds like a bad move, but they'll make more money (which keeps them around for you people to keep pestering them about a patch they can't provide.) by focusing on Dungeon Defenders 2 / what ever DDE needs on ocassion.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like DD1 to be patched just as much as everyone else, but lets be realistic? And please have some respect to the developers, they have their hands full with a project right now. Spamming them with emails is actually counter-productive to the cause of getting a patch.

We havent forgotten DD2.  We know it is a big reason they currently dont have someone to spare to work on a patch.  We actually dont request this as much as we do for Moonbase or even other DLC that could be possible.  As for emailing, I have just messaged isom.  He has been kind enough to reply back each time as well.  They should give him a raise.  :)