Sign in to follow this  
Gutu

Hero Deck Prestige

This idea fully relies on having the Hero Deck Leveling system (which was rumored to happen a while ago, and i think it could actually be in game something like that)

What is the Hero Deck Leveling?

Basically instead of leveling each Hero, you level your deck, meaning any character inside your deck will be in the level of your deck. Obviously make Leveling Harder.

Hero Deck Level Prestige

When your Deck Reaches Max Level you have the option to Prestige, meaning you go back to level one of hero deck but you would get something out of it. Prestige-ing should be repeat-able and harder after each time. Prestige should give you:

• +1 Hero Deck Slot (current deck slots are 3)
  • +1 Slot for Hero Creation (current max created heroes are 6)
  • New title per prestige
  • + Players score per prestige

What i aim to fix/add with this:

• Freedom.. Having a limited hero deck takes away our freedom...
  • A Stand out for those who want to put effort and time without a Huge Difference stat-wise.
  • Allow those dedicated to the game to create multiple characters.
  • End-game Over-progress instead of just over-gearing.
  • More relationship between new players and experienced players happening by having experienced players to come back to.
  • More gaming time without only grinding the same end-game levels (grind the whole level progression too :D ).
  • Add something to lose, a player prestige-d sure shows effort and time applied, meaning he has more to lose so he probably is more worth of trust and more careful of being banned, instead of knowing that he could simply hop his items and money.
  • Make time and effort worth something without relying in the luck of farming.
  • With the obvious allowance to have multiple characters, we can explore the game further in the customization options.

What do you think? what do you have to change? do you think there should be more perks into prestiging? do you think of something that this could get of bad? please let me know all feedback is welcome! 

First of all, I love the layout of this post, well done.

I'm still undecided on the whole hero deck leveling system.  What I am definitely for though is some form of prestige.  I've already reached max level with all my characters and have found precious little else to do in terms of progression.  Incorporating some sort of prestige system would alleviate that problem. 

[[59367,users]] quote:

First of all, I love the layout of this post, well done.

I'm still undecided on the whole hero deck leveling system.  What I am definitely for though is some form of prestige.  I've already reached max level with all my characters and have found precious little else to do in terms of progression.  Incorporating some sort of prestige system would alleviate that problem. 

Thanks for the feedback! 
Yeah i mean, when you look at the hero deck leveling system it's kinda weird and has many things to be spoken about, but to me i would be totally okay if it provided us the prestige option so we can get something else

I'd def overdo my leveling for something like more characters, it's taking 2 limitations at once, hero deck limit and making the time limit of your progress a bit longer

We can even have custom prestige Skins that would be unlocked for purchase but only if you reached it's prestige level, so this would mean you can get stand out costumes by supporting the game and not looking like every new comer who has money? :D

[[43252,users]] quote:

We can even have custom prestige Skins that would be unlocked for purchase but only if you reached it's prestige level, so this would mean you can get stand out costumes by supporting the game and not looking like every new comer who has money? :D

That's actually not a bad idea, not sure about 'custom' skins though (actually I'm unsure that's even what you meant).  I'm all for unlocking certain skins made available only after a prestige, sounds exclusive and provides yet anther motivation to do so. 

I think a prestige system would be a good idea but personally i think prestige should be more for just barging rights not benefits. Maby let it unlock vanity items? Or we you could even make it so some equipment needs prestige 2 use from harder difficulties? Who knows.

I don't like the idea of being able to level all 3+ Characters at the same time. I actually enjoyed switching between my characters, which gave me some kind of challenge. 
However I do like the idea of Prestige-ing itself and the extra slots that come with it. 

What do you think of this idea? Instead of leveling all Chars at the same time you still have to level them separately. As soon as you have a full deck of max. lv. heroes you get the option to do a Prestige-run with those characters, which will give you the reward you mentioned. From there on these heroes are marked as Prestige-heroes. 

To get the next chance of Prestige-ing you have to level up the a new Deck of heroes to max. lv. 

Example:

* If the Lv. is printed bigger the heroes is currently in the Deck.

* (Px) stands for the amount of times the hero entered Prestige-Mode already

* +x stands for the amount of heroes you are still free to create

Created Heroes at the start of playing DD2: apprentice_small.png(Lv.1) monk_small.png(Lv.1) squire_small.png(Lv.1) +3
After a while of playing you can enter Prestige-Mode: apprentice_small.png(max) monk_small.png(max) squire_small.png(max) +3

After entering Prestige Mode with one more slot in the Hero-Deck: apprentice_small.png(Lv.1(P1)) monk_small.png(Lv.1(P1)) squire_small.png(Lv.1(P1)) huntress_small.png(Lv.7) +3

Needed Hero-Deck to enter Presige-Mode once again: apprentice_small.png(max(P)) monk_small.png(max(P)) squire_small.png(max(P)) huntress_small.png(max) +3

Possible Hero-Deck after entering Prestige-Mode another time: apprentice_small.png(Lv.1(P2)) monk_small.png(Lv.1(P2)) squire_small.png(Lv.1(P2)) huntress_small.png(Lv.1(P1)) +4   

Each hero can only enter Prestige-Mode x-times and as soon as he reached the maximum he can be put into your hero deck as some kind of joker to the rest of the deck. 

This may be difficult to understand and I also might have done some mistakes when thinking about this.
Does this make any sense to you? Is this stupid, too complex or genius? Tell me!

[[64043,users]] quote:

This may be difficult to understand and I also might have done some mistakes when thinking about this.
Does this make any sense to you? Is this stupid, too complex or genius? Tell me!

All of the above! :P  I like it.  A little hard to follow, but I think I get the general idea.  +1

[[55243,users]] quote:

I think a prestige system would be a good idea but personally i think prestige should be more for just barging rights not benefits. Maby let it unlock vanity items? Or we you could even make it so some equipment needs prestige 2 use from harder difficulties? Who knows.

Well the only real benefit i having more heroes which for hardcore players makes sense, and in a way it's not really that much of a benefit that makes you better than somebody that much as the time you take prestiging other could use to farm the perfect gear getting advantage over your by gear instead of by number besides that it's only barging stuff :D but yeah some Prestige x Only cosmetics would be amazing 

[[59367,users]] quote:

Gutu quote:

That's actually not a bad idea, not sure about 'custom' skins though (actually I'm unsure that's even what you meant).  I'm all for unlocking certain skins made available only after a prestige, sounds exclusive and provides yet anther motivation to do so. 

What i mean with custom skins is different skins/costumes sorry if i expressed myself wrong haha :P you see a guy with dunno... Legendary Defender Title and wearing his Legendary Defender Cosmetics and be like :O WOW that dude rocks... that's a dedicated player! 

[[64043,users]] quote:

I don't like the idea of being able to level all 3+ Characters at the same time. I actually enjoyed switching between my characters, which gave me some kind of challenge. 
However I do like the idea of Prestige-ing itself and the extra slots that come with it. 

What do you think of this idea? Instead of leveling all Chars at the same time you still have to level them separately. As soon as you have a full deck of max. lv. heroes you get the option to do a Prestige-run with those characters, which will give you the reward you mentioned. From there on these heroes are marked as Prestige-heroes. 

To get the next chance of Prestige-ing you have to level up the a new Deck of heroes to max. lv. 

Example:

* If the Lv. is printed bigger the heroes is currently in the Deck.

* (Px) stands for the amount of times the hero entered Prestige-Mode already

* +x stands for the amount of heroes you are still free to create

Created Heroes at the start of playing DD2: apprentice_small.png(Lv.1) monk_small.png(Lv.1) squire_small.png(Lv.1) +3
After a while of playing you can enter Prestige-Mode: apprentice_small.png(max) monk_small.png(max) squire_small.png(max) +3

After entering Prestige Mode with one more slot in the Hero-Deck: apprentice_small.png(Lv.1(P1)) monk_small.png(Lv.1(P1)) squire_small.png(Lv.1(P1)) huntress_small.png(Lv.7) +3

Needed Hero-Deck to enter Presige-Mode once again: apprentice_small.png(max(P)) monk_small.png(max(P)) squire_small.png(max(P)) huntress_small.png(max) +3

Possible Hero-Deck after entering Prestige-Mode another time: apprentice_small.png(Lv.1(P2)) monk_small.png(Lv.1(P2)) squire_small.png(Lv.1(P2)) huntress_small.png(Lv.1(P1)) +4   

Each hero can only enter Prestige-Mode x-times and as soon as he reached the maximum he can be put into your hero deck as some kind of joker to the rest of the deck. 

It is quite confusing for me you're saying that we could have a hero deck level system but level them independently as the hero deck level would be determined by the characters who are in it? and then prestiging the deck would prestige each character and give you an extra slot for a non prestiged character? 

It's not that it's confusing but it's confusing for me as i lack some english skills xD 

Are you discarding the hero deck leveling and going full on prestiging each character independently, with 3 Prestiged it would unlock the 4th  hero deck slot? (+1 character creation slot?)

Btw love the feedback :D it's nice to see from another perspective, i was also hesitating about the hero deck leveling, as i would end up maybe only using one character as dps and wouldn't see any other characters besides on building phase? I think that would be the intention in here as, we could have x builders and 1 dpser focused, and by using the dpser in-battle we would be contributing for the builders experience. Take this more as a experience auto split between the 3 but that goes straight to the Hero Deck instead xD

But yeah i can find your point, and for what i understood (not sure if it's correct) it sounds just as nice, 'cause it also fixes the stuff i listed above and gives us our prestige moment Adept.png

[[43252,users]] quote: 

What i mean with custom skins is different skins/costumes sorry if i expressed myself wrong haha :P you see a guy with dunno... Legendary Defender Title and wearing his Legendary Defender Cosmetics and be like :O WOW that dude rocks... that's a dedicated player! 

If that's the case then I'm all for it. +1
'Custom' skin implies being able to edit your own skin which sounds...  Weird.  Changing the colour would be cool but I assume you'll be able to do that with any skin like in DD1.

[[59367,users]] quote:

Gutu quote: 

If that's the case then I'm all for it. +1
'Custom' skin implies being able to edit your own skin which sounds...  Weird.  Changing the colour would be cool but I assume you'll be able to do that with any skin like in DD1.

Aslong as the color customization isn't payed.. i really dislike things like Dyes, DD1 customization system would be amazing, if you got the skin/costume/cosmetics you should have all the perks to edit it 

[[43252,users]] quote:

This idea fully relies on having the Hero Deck Leveling system (which was rumored to happen a while ago, and i think it could actually be in game something like that)

What is the Hero Deck Leveling?

Basically instead of leveling each Hero, you level your deck, meaning any character inside your deck will be in the level of your deck. Obviously make Leveling Harder.

Hero Deck Level Prestige

When your Deck Reaches Max Level you have the chance to Prestige, meaning you go back to level one of hero deck but you would get something out of it. Prestige-ing should be repeat-able and harder after each time. Prestige should give you:

• New title per prestige

What i aim to fix/add with this:

• Freedom.. Having a limited hero deck takes away our freedom...
  • A Stand out for those who want to put effort and time without a Huge Difference stat-wise.
  • Allow those dedicated to the game to create multiple characters.
  • End-game Over-progress instead of just over-gearing.
  • More relationship between new players and experienced players happening by having experienced players to come back to.
  • More gaming time without only grinding the same end-game levels (grind the whole level progression too :D ).
  • Add something to lose, a player prestige-d sure shows effort and time applied, meaning he has more to lose so he probably is more worth of trust and more careful of being banned, instead of knowing that he could simply hop his items and money.
  • Make time and effort worth something without relying in the luck of farming.
  • With the obvious allowance to have multiple characters have person to explore the game further in the customization options.

What do you think? what do you have to change? do you think there should be more perks into prestiging? do you think of something that this could get of bad? please let me know all feedback is welcome! 

First of all, as an american and a fan of braveheart, I am always for freedom.

I like the Idea, but I'm not sure about the "chance to prestige" thing. First of all, imagine someone's chagrin if you just made it to 25, and then had to star all over. Second, what would happen if you swapped out the heros in your deck, so you had two level 20's and then a level 15? Couldnt that cause some issues? 

[[64213,users]] quote:

First of all, as an american and a fan of braveheart, I am always for freedom.

I like the Idea, but I'm not sure about the "chance to prestige" thing. First of all, imagine someone's chagrin if you just made it to 25, and then had to star all over. Second, what would happen if you swapped out the heros in your deck, so you had two level 20's and then a level 15? Couldnt that cause some issues? 

When i mean chance to prestige i meant actually prestige xD the chance is there just as in choice sorry if it's badly placed ahah my english sucks :P

The thing about hero deck leveling means that your heroes don't have level, but rather your deck has the level, and character inside the deck has the deck's level this way you can have a hero dpser and don't worry about your builders getting under-leveled!

And the deal about the prestige is that it's an option and you're not forced, you can reach the end game content in about 20 hours of playing, but prestiging would mean you could overprogress IF you want... 'cause let's face it having everything too early and easy is kinda hard it would also allow casual players to play end-game content too, but to have hardcore players to stand out quite a lot  

[[64043,users]] quote:

Deck leveling doesn't remove switching between characters, what it removes is the need to level-grind a hero you don't actively play (your "builder") just so you can join a higher level bracket.

The only thing that I know that I'd want--and several other people as well--is the option to have multiple decks, each with their own level.  So they have the "play with friends deck" and the "solo play deck" etc.

[[16273,users]] quote:
Thams quote:

Deck leveling doesn't remove switching between characters, what it removes is the need to level-grind a hero you don't actively play (your "builder") just so you can join a higher level bracket.

The only thing that I know that I'd want--and several other people as well--is the option to have multiple decks, each with their own level.  So they have the "play with friends deck" and the "solo play deck" etc.

Multiple decks could be nice too, however i really love the prestige idea

[[43252,users]] quote:
  • New title per prestige
You just want more heroes per deck :P

But seriously, a couple issues I see which I am sure can be fixed I am just going to throw it out there:

What happens when the level cap changes? If I did prestige at level 60, then the level cap changes to 80, anyone who didn't get to prestige at 60 will have an even harder time than I did.

The decks would have to  be built, than unable to be changed. It would have to be multiple decks.

It doesn't make sense for me to have a character I have never even played, swapping them into my level 60 deck, then all of the sudden that character is level 60.

Also, once you prestige what happens to your gear?

Adding 1 hero slot each time you prestige will just make the deck pointless. I mean at that point they could just make your account level up and prestige, you can use all heroes and they are all the level of your account. Then you just end up back to square one, debating on whether they should remove the decks or not.

[[55766,users]] quote:It doesn't make sense for me to have a character I have never even played, swapping them into my level 60 deck, then all of the sudden that character is level 60.

Actually, that was kind of the whole point.

4. Encourages Play with New Heroes: When new heroes come out, you can play them instantly, having a good time experiencing the content without having to grind up hero levels to make them viable. We really like this idea, that when we release new heroes players aren’t forced to grind from the beginning to enjoy the new experience. Maybe you choose to respec to give points to the new hero, or maybe you just prestige to play from the beginning anyway, but now the choice for how to play is yours.

[[55766,users]] quote:

What happens when the level cap changes? If I did prestige at level 60, then the level cap changes to 80, anyone who didn't get to prestige at 60 will have an even harder time than I did.

What happens when level cap changes... if you are at 25 with lvl 80 gear? the same way it changes they can change it. If max level is increased there could be some kind of xp penalty that you have to complete  until you could actually prestige the next time to compensate for the previous... it's not really an idea breaker and there are many possible solutions for this.

[[55766,users]] quote:

Adding 1 hero slot each time you prestige will just make the deck pointless. I mean at that point they could just make your account level up and prestige, you can use all heroes and they are all the level of your account. Then you just end up back to square one, debating on whether they should remove the decks or not.

The deck itself is a limitation, that stop us from many things without giving us any, tell me what does it do of good? xD im trying to give him some use, making it not useless, the fact that you level the deck is exactly the reason not to have to level your account, 'cause basically that's what you're doing, also you'll always have 3 unused characters slots that won't fit in the deck... i don't see where it would be pointless

I love this idea its great, you can go so many directions with prestige.

• add hero decks
  • give special loot (may-b a set piece of some sort.)
  • Hero/Tower stats that cannot be respect so you really can create different decks.
  • titles 
  • more 
  • and more

May-b to counter the gear issue in prestige it can downgrade the gear in stats and it levels with you, but what does it matter that your high lvl tier gear doesnt fit it's 1 more reason to lvl your hero's again. it gives you the rush from yeaaa i'm lvl 20 I can wear that lovely piece of gear again.

[[64290,users]] quote:

I love this idea its great, you can go so many directions with prestige.

• add hero decks
  • give special loot (may-b a set piece of some sort.)
  • Hero/Tower stats cannot be respect so you really can create different decks.
  • titles 
  • more 
  • and more

May-b to counter the gear issue in prestige it can downgrade the gear in stats and it levels with you, but what does it matter that your high lvl tier gear doesnt fit it's 1 more reason to lvl your hero's again. it gives you the rush from yeaaa i'm lvl 20 I can wear that lovely piece of gear again.

Great ideas :D thanks for your feed back

The Prestige does open a door to many more new features that can be added! don't forget to like to show your support towards the thread and each comment that you like to point out which are the communities' favorit

If you guys got more suggestions on how the Prestige should work let me know! I really really think that the way the deck is atm just feels like a limitation, without anything to offer, we should give it something worth and enjoyable with the option to give he who wants more freedom.

I was the other day thinking, what about the items/towers/specs? 
What you guys think? A level 1 but prestige character should be able to use the max level gear, all towers unlocked and all specs? Or this would take the feel out of re-starting from the first level? 
With the Level range of map already nerfing one's stats to that map level it wouldn't be necessary in my opinion. 

On second thoughts i think Its kinda hard to find a good mecanic for prestige as everybody wants to keep wearing their gear and keep upgrading their sets.  

I agree their must be something rewarding when you keep playing with your hero deck. Mayb something like you still get exp and can upgrade hero/tower stats with it. 

This way you keep wearing your gear and getting better for putting time in your deck. 

[[64290,users]] quote:

On second thoughts i think Its kinda hard to find a good mecanic for prestige as everybody wants to keep wearing their gear and keep upgrading their sets.  

I agree their must be something rewarding when you keep playing with your hero deck. Mayb something like you still get exp and can upgrade hero/tower stats with it. 

This way you keep wearing your gear and getting better for putting time in your deck. 

The exact thing that this makes is that you stop yourself from farming gear to get another character+some more stuff
When grinding gear becomes boring just jump forward and prestige :D
This would help the newcomers meeting exped players, and if your friend is starting to play you can play with him!

If they add this idea they will have to make it so you can turn it off. Since i for once like leveling and i know there are many others who also like leveling.