Development Roadmap

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't it make sense to have all the features from Dungeon Defenders 1 and have extra features to the second game? Or are you just copying the large developers and their money milking techniques?

@McLovin quote:

Wouldn't it make sense to have all the features from Dungeon Defenders 1 and have extra features to the second game? Or are you just copying the large developers and their money milking techniques?

I don't think that Trendy would do what most other company's would do with a sequel, but i do like how they have aged the characters a bit, changed the art style and most of the towers as well as the tower visual progression through leveling, I wouldn't of liked it if they just copied the first game and added some stuff like they did with eternity (no offense Trendy). Overall, I think Trendy did a pretty damn good job with Dungeon Defenders II (or what is in it already).

@McLovin quote:

That is what the large developers do, they just make the exact same game and maybe add new features. Trendy is not doing anything like that. They are making an actual sequel, time has advanced, places and visuals have changed, towers have changed. They are adding new features and redoing old ones. And the only reason to spend real world money is to make your hero look different, which is 100% optional. "Milking money," please do not insult Trendy like that.

@McLovin quote:

-1. What kind of logic is that? They are deigning a completely original game... Why make a copy of their first one? That's a waste of time and money.

Does anyone have an idea when the official controller support will come. Because I really can't and won't play it untill there is a official controller support. Keyboard and mouse just feels weird. And I also don't want to download those pre setted controller supports, because it doesn't feel good. I will be using Motionjoy to be able to use my PS3 controller when the official controller support is finally developed. Thanks in advance!!

@Smehi quote:

Does anyone have an idea when the official controller support will come. Because I really can't and won't play it untill there is a official controller support. Keyboard and mouse just feels weird. And I also don't want to download those pre setted controller supports, because it doesn't feel good. I will be using Motionjoy to be able to use my PS3 controller when the official controller support is finally developed. Thanks in advance!!

There was no mention to when, atm they're working on the ps4 controller support and UI when they're done with it it should be for pc too i guess.

@R-Kane quote:

This should be stickied

If you click on the top menu "Roadmap" it links you to this thread, so it's stickied in a better way xD

I'm glad that the level caps are being removed, that made playing with friends such a painful experience! There are several improvements that I really hope make their way into the next release:

• Can view team mate's details (level etc... critical when picking a level cap!).
  • Chat window should not come up in two stages (small one first, large one after a second or so). The two should have separate shortcuts.
  • The first wizard skill is awkward to use, I would prefer it if the targeting worked differently, like an area of effect, or continuously casts until you release the button. This would also make the skill crystals a damn sight more useful earlier on.
  • I find the item and gold collection a real chore, and it really takes the fun out of the game. Re-introducing the old system of showing upgrades and selling all those left on the ground would be good, but ideally I would like to see all the items being collected automatically. (Am I not seeing the fun of picking these items up?! I don't play a game to do something tedious.).
  • I don't really understand the rebuild concept of the wiz defences, so they rebuild but only if they aren't destroyed? What defines whether something destroys the defence or not? Why not just have a standard wall if they can still be completely destroyed?
  • Sometimes it's not clear if a wall is enough to stop a monster from walking around, if the movement path altered as you built that would be awesome.

@OwenPT quote:

I'm glad that the level caps are being removed, that made playing with friends such a painful experience! There are several improvements that I really hope make their way into the next release:

• Can view team mate's details (level etc... critical when picking a level cap!).
  • Chat window should not come up in two stages (small one first, large one after a second or so). The two should have separate shortcuts.
  • The first wizard skill is awkward to use, I would prefer it if the targeting worked differently, like an area of effect, or continuously casts until you release the button. This would also make the skill crystals a damn sight more useful earlier on.
  • I find the item and gold collection a real chore, and it really takes the fun out of the game. Re-introducing the old system of showing upgrades and selling all those left on the ground would be good, but ideally I would like to see all the items being collected automatically. (Am I not seeing the fun of picking these items up?! I don't play a game to do something tedious.).
  • I don't really understand the rebuild concept of the wiz defences, so they rebuild but only if they aren't destroyed? What defines whether something destroys the defence or not? Why not just have a standard wall if they can still be completely destroyed?
  • Sometimes it's not clear if a wall is enough to stop a monster from walking around, if the movement path altered as you built that would be awesome.

You be better off creating a thread under the suggestion subforum instead of in this thread =) 

@OwenPT quote:

You don't have to pick up all the gear on the ground. Anything left laying there at the end of the level goes to a temp inventory box back at the tavern. I have tested letting it ride quite a few rounds and the temp box expanded to a 6x9 bag (54 slots) and showed no signs of stopping but I didn't test further. Makes it really easy when you get back to tavern too because you know anything in your temp bag is garbage and can be sold or dumped into a item.

We did test gold also and you definitely have to pick it up, you lose anything left on the map. But at least its just running around and not clicking on things.

I don't know if it works for DD2 but in DD1 you could easily test walls by trying to walk around them yourself. If your character can push thru the gap then mobs will be able to get thru. If you are blocked, they will be blocked. We don't ever build walls though so haven't tested in DD2.

@Sercease quote:

I don't know if it works for DD2 but in DD1 you could easily test walls by trying to walk around them yourself. If your character can push thru the gap then mobs will be able to get thru. If you are blocked, they will be blocked. We don't ever build walls though so haven't tested in DD2.

Walls in DD2 are special, they generate threat or generate aggro whatever term you're most friendly with. Baiscally if they are within a certain radius from the wall they will always go for the wall instead of the towers. 

There are some slight exceptions that i've seen happening but i kinda figure exactly what, maybe if there's too many mobs attacking 1 wall the mob no longer gets aggroed into it? 
anyway this means that having a single wall in a lane will taunt enemies into attacking it so it doesn't require you to build 2-3 walls covering a full lane so that mobs don't get pass it

(although having two walls cover an entire lane is way more aesthetically pleasing)

@gamersinfection quote:

PLs fix it fast my dungeon defenders 2 patcher did not open since the last patch it just opens and close again.

You should place this on tech support; but anyway have you tried verifying steam cache and/or Re-Installing

@OmniPulse quote:

I'd really like Trading to get implemented soon. Sucks to try and help out a friend but be unable to trade the item to him. 

They will not add trading for a long time, it ruins the experience :( hope you have a good time helping your friend out :) trendy is working on it and I'm pretty sure trading will come out, but who wants to skip the whole this then get kicked from games because. Don't understand anything..... So ya that's why they aren't I I hope they never implement trading actually. You might argue but really you will get kicked from any game. (If they implement kicking ) because you won't know any strategies because you just got legendaries. (Which are easy to get ) without even working for tem, so you skip every map pretty much because it takes literal seconds to win a map if you have a super weapon and armor, you will just grind through, so I hope this convinces you to not want trading

@Kubis quote:

I love this game, but I thing we are getting low amount of green crystal.. this make DD2 more harder and it isn´t same fun like DD1 kobold.png

Is supposed to be hard, do you want to skip all content so then you have nothing to do at all, you can post a thrg for a unlimited mana mode though.

@Gutu quote:

@gamersinfection quote:

PLs fix it fast my dungeon defenders 2 patcher did not open since the last patch it just opens and close again.

You should place this on tech support; but anyway have you tried verifying steam cache and/or Re-Installing

i already tried both tips and it still dont work and on steam it says for a second synchronize.