Development Roadmap

So i play DD eternity at the moment with some friend and its so much fun and i am happy about the free to play otion so my friend will play with me cause i think i will be the only one pay for the early acces but when the free to play option will be available?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping and it looks like pets are going to be back which I'm excited for. Loving the game so far Keep up the great work guys.

@Hardee quote:

What is "Wave director game mode" ? Also the event system. Are these in dd1?

Think L4D's AI Director, except for DD2. Every play through in the Left 4 Dead series is very different; mob rushes come at different times no matter how many times you play.

DD2's wave director is supposed to act similarly, but instead of mob rushes and zombies, It will dynamically determine what spawns each wave. Gone will be the days of the same enemies spawning in the same lanes every time.

@KingFish quote:

Is dd2 coming to Xbox one

We love the Xbox One, but the game is currently only in development for the PS4, Windows, Mac and Linux.

@Antara [CRO] quote:

When you say more heroes. Do you mean you will add heroes like Summoner,Jester,Barbarian and EV? Or you will make and add complitly new heroes?

Anything is possible. At the moment, we're entirely focused on our four main heroes. 

@Rotterdam quote:

my game  keeps crash   on same point in the game i dont know why 

Please email support[at]trendyent[dot]com for more information.

@Danielthetwin quote:

For "costumes and embellishment," does embellishment refer to visible armor? Is that still a thing?

Embellishments and costumes will be responsible for your appearance i believe. The armor won't change how you look but the costumes and embellishments will.

So excited for the new changes. Just a suggestion - Green mana seem fairly hard to come by early in the game (levels 1 - 10) and even harder to come by around levels 10 - 15, but around level 20 everything becomes so OP that there seems as if there's an abundance of green mana. Anyone have thoughts on this?

@X marks it quote:

Just a couple random questions:

• Will first person be remade for DDII?
  • Will there be optimisation updates in the future?

I believe the developers had said that first person would not be a focus or be implemented because not a lot of people used it in DD1. I'm pretty sure its not going to be added, or at least in a later development stage. I don't know about the optimization updates, though.

Am I the only one who think they should make this game a little more like Dungeon Defenders 1? 

Find Game List

Display Thump up, down, mid (without holding the mouse over the item). 

"I" Open Inventory (Not sure if there's a key binding for that, but well then list it under the controls). 

Make specs you actually want to upgrade.. (like Dungeon Defenders 1).. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed about how you level yourself up. The upgrades in the spec section. Not even worth it. 

More tower slots (at least for the apprentice). 

More "Defense Mana".. Not sure if the DM drop is just really bad or if it's the towers? 

Remove the down-level.. Well I see how this can be really useful for some people.. But really? In Dungeon Defenders 1 you could take all the easiest maps and just dominate them.. Really feel like a pro player. Now you always have to play against enemies at the same level as you.
Which can be really entertaining, but sometimes.. just sometimes you really just want to dominate the map/level.

- Now maybe someone reads this and only sees me as a hater of the game. Well I don't... In fact I really enjoy Dungeon Defenders II and just want to share my opinions with you guys. Maybe some of you guys out there agree with me? Hm?  

@RepTituz quote:

Am I the only one who think they should make this game a little more like Dungeon Defenders 1? 

Find Game List

"I" Open Inventory (Not sure if there's a key binding for that, but well then list it under the controls). 

Make specs you actually want to upgrade.. (like Dungeon Defenders 1).. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed about how you level yourself up. The upgrades in the spec section. Not even worth it. 

More "Defense Mana".. Not sure if the DM drop is just really bad or if it's the towers? 

Remove the down-level.. Well I see how this can be really useful for some people.. But really? In Dungeon Defenders 1 you could take all the easiest maps and just dominate them.. Really feel like a pro player. Now you always have to play against enemies at the same level as you.
Which can be really entertaining, but sometimes.. just sometimes you really just want to dominate the map/level.

- Now maybe someone reads this and only sees me as a hater of the game. Well I don't... In fact I really enjoy Dungeon Defenders II and just want to share my opinions with you guys. Maybe some of you guys out there agree with me? Hm?  

I agree with everything here except the 'More defence Mana'. 

They've said they all will be implemeneted at some point, it's not a priority list

@Belgarionriva quote:

Any chance you guys are looking to the top of the suggestion list for implementations of popular suggestions?

Whilst what you have said is true, they should DEFINITELY have an Offline play.

Or go down the Diablo2 route, where there is an Option to play Offline characters online, but only with other offline characters, so it loses its appeal VERY quickly when you realise everyone is either legit and struggling or everything dies in 1 hit

@Belgarionriva quote:

@AlpaTrax quote:

Are there coming an offline modus or something like that? Maybe that u can play the game without an internet connection. And if its like in DD1 can u change the heroes from local to online?

No. DD1 was filled with hacks because of offline play. Online only ensures data is server side and can't be hacked from local.

@RepTituz quote:

Find Game List

with semi decent gear you already faceroll 25++ content, downscaled you are way stronger than you normally were at that level due to how the downscaling works and how you can still upgrade towers to max level while low levels can't do that.   So ye...I already feel pretty godly and by now most people do

just reagarding tho this thread - can we please get a priority score for the things on the list?

so maybe on a 1-10 scala so that we can allready knew what we will see next?

or start some influence votes for this topics so that the community can decide where the priority should be...

@lunee quote:

just reagarding tho this thread - can we please get a priority score for the things on the list?

or start some influence votes for this topics so that the community can decide where the priority should be...

I think this is a great idea lunee! +1

@lunee quote:

We do have plans on having a dedicated Roadmap section of our site that isn't just a forum thread. It should give a clearer idea of our path and progress. We'll have more details on this new section very soon.

As for your idea on using Influence votes for priorities, that's very neat. I'll pass that along!

@arcanemelon quote:

@X marks it quote:

Just a couple random questions:

• Will first person be remade for DDII?
  • Will there be optimisation updates in the future?

I believe the developers had said that first person would not be a focus or be implemented because not a lot of people used it in DD1. I'm pretty sure its not going to be added, or at least in a later development stage. I don't know about the optimization updates, though.

My little brother used first person in DD1, and I could not understand how he enjoyed playing the game like that. haha

I love to see my most ideas on this roadmap (specially the wavedircetor), i missing just a pvp mode.

So everybody build on his own map and need to defend so long as possible up to wave 99 or anything. i think it must be like a hardcoremode without stops after a wave and without a core health after every wave and no characterselect after the first round start. Special legendarys and a pvp list would be maybe a long commitment to this game.