Development Roadmap

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the looting bonus is reversed. I think it should be that with 2 players or 1 player, the looting bonus is highest. With 4 player, the looting bonus should be lowest. Also, we should be able to combine relics with each other and with items to boost their effects.

@arcanemelon quote:

I think the looting bonus is reversed. I think it should be that with 2 players or 1 player, the looting bonus is highest. With 4 player, the looting bonus should be lowest. Also, we should be able to combine relics with each other and with items to boost their effects.

While I do agree that having solo/lower count teams getting less items is a bad idea, it would just create the same problem in reverse if it was flipped around. Everyone would want to play by themselves or with 1 extra person.

I get why they have the bonus loot system tied to player count, but it should be a different bonus instead of loot since it's a core fundamental of the game and some might say they feel forced to play with others which is usually a big negative for some games.

@Kubis quote:

I love this game, but I thing we are getting low amount of green crystal.. this make DD2 more harder and it isn´t same fun like DD1 kobold.png

just gri-- err, i mean play until you have a few high level characters and then try to solo hard maps

I also think there should be customizable characters. Something like changeable hair color and eye color. They should also make male and female of each class.

@arcanemelon quote:

I also think there should be customizable characters. Something like changeable hair color and eye color. They should also make male and female of each class.

in the earlier games you could change colors, but i assume that will come with the costumes. the custom hair sounds interesting but wouldnt work for all classes.... maybe hats?

@A_Very_Grumpy_Cat quote:

in the earlier games you could change colors, but i assume that will come with the costumes. the custom hair sounds interesting but wouldnt work for all classes.... maybe hats?

It would be interesting if they added much more than skins. You know the whole option to customize more than just the character itself, (Headwear, body, legs, etc). With some things being restricted to certain Heroes as rare drops from chests or even bosses.

However it would just be more simple to stick with skins. They look cool, easy to make and well. Just pretty quick to develop. Although I'd love see something more than just skins this time around. 

I love this game but every time when I leave a Lobby then there comes first the search for the Entry Lobby. Is it a bug or why i need to search for it? Bec thats only the entry lobby and i dont want to wait every time. :)

Ideas :

1. Persons from tavern (for example: old man, ladies, barman and knight...) -> Quest (for example: kill 100trolls in map Throne...) -> reward (for example: gold, items. skins or pets...) ...

2. Pets: 

• 7 elements: Water,Fire, Earth, Air, Light, Dark, Electric ... Combine elements (for example: Fire + Earth = Lava pet...).
  • Pet system (for example: level, exp, skills and talents), Skills (for example: Water - slow enemy, Fire - burn enemy...) Talents (for example: pernament bonuses - 10% range tower defence, 25% more damage vs Trolls...).

3. Global (black) Market.

4. More defend turrets,traps or aura for every class (for example: Hunter  - Oil trap, Mushroom  trap (10-30% chance sleep enemy for 10sec ...), Monk - Gravity aura, Gold statue (increase moment speed hero...)..., Storm tower. Katapult ...).

5. Powerfull enemies with resistance (Electric, Fire, Water and Physical resistance) -> challenge for combine build.

6. Own tavern.

7. Craft system (for example: Gear, Weapons, Unique skins - hat, social gear..., Pets...)

• Extract (for example: Legendary gear - 156x green souls, 3x golem heart, 59x Gold bolts, 69x wood and 1x dark orb...).
  • Craft (from recipes, for example: Golem staff (rare) (lv 26) requirement : 25x wood, 2x water orb, 1x golem heart...).

8. Guild system 

• Guild hall/tavern with expand 
  • Upgrade units (atack) to enemy guild hall/tavern or recruit new units (better guild with better units have better chance win guild war).

• Guild war (2 side in one map with system recruit units and own build strategy), 4v4, (inspire from game Dungeon Defenders - pvp system).

• Reward from guild war (for example: Money for all members win guild and exp for guild, lose guild exp).

• Guild bonuses (better loot items or gold...).

Many of the things you've mentioned are already going to be implemented soon.

#1 and #8 are interesting.

#7 could turn out bad. There's plenty of chance for that to go wrong.

@ZabiMan quote:

Ideas :

1. Persons from tavern (for example: old man, ladies, barman and knight...) -> Quest (for example: kill 100trolls in map Throne...) -> reward (for example: gold, items. skins or pets...) ...

2. Pets: 

• 7 elements: Water,Fire, Earth, Air, Light, Dark, Electric ... Combine elements (for example: Fire + Earth = Lava pet...).
  • Pet system (for example: level, exp, skills and talents), Skills (for example: Water - slow enemy, Fire - burn enemy...) Talents (for example: pernament bonuses - 10% range tower defence, 25% more damage vs Trolls...).

3. Global (black) Market.

4. More defend turrets,traps or aura for every class (for example: Hunter  - Oil trap, Mushroom  trap (10-30% chance sleep enemy for 10sec ...), Monk - Gravity aura, Gold statue (increase moment speed hero...)..., Storm tower. Katapult ...).

5. Powerfull enemies with resistance (Electric, Fire, Water and Physical resistance) -> challenge for combine build.

6. Own tavern.

7. Craft system (for example: Gear, Weapons, Unique skins - hat, social gear..., Pets...)

• Extract (for example: Legendary gear - 156x green souls, 3x golem heart, 59x Gold bolts, 69x wood and 1x dark orb...).
  • Craft (from recipes, for example: Golem staff (rare) (lv 26) requirement : 25x wood, 2x water orb, 1x golem heart...).

8. Guild system 

• Guild hall/tavern with expand 
  • Upgrade units (atack) to enemy guild hall/tavern or recruit new units (better guild with better units have better chance win guild war).

• Guild war (2 side in one map with system recruit units and own build strategy), 4v4, (inspire from game Dungeon Defenders - pvp system).

• Reward from guild war (for example: Money for all members win guild and exp for guild, lose guild exp).

• Guild bonuses (better loot items or gold...).

@Dr Quacker quote:

#7 Could go well if it was made so a number of the same quality items are needed to make one random upgraded quality. Since of course crafting would need some heavy balancing, and in this case. High risk.

Example:

• x20 Powerful items = x1 Random Epic item
  • x10 Epic items = x1 Random Mythic item
  • x5 Mythic items = x1 Random Legendary item

With that it would also add another reason to why the player shouldn't always sell everything in their bags.

@X marks it quote:

@Dr Quacker quote:

#7 Could go well if it was made so a number of the same quality items are needed to make one random upgraded quality. Since of course crafting would need some heavy balancing, and in this case. High risk.

Example:

• x20 Powerful items = x1 Random Epic item
  • x10 Epic items = x1 Random Mythic item
  • x5 Mythic items = x1 Random Legendary item

With that it would also add another reason to why the player shouldn't always sell everything in their bags.

Other than the fact that upgrading needs items too? 
Usually either i have to sell them for the gold to upgrade or use them to upgrade.. so having it to craft too would be annoying also.. 5 mythic appear way more often than 1 legendary for me at least.

Let's just say crafting is a complicated thing to balance either too useless, too OP or way too annoying imo

@XxOsurfer3xX quote:

Male and female character option would be great, along with more customization options.

trendy is already planning to implement more customization. as for different gender characters, the closest we may get would be the gender swapped versions of the 4 main characters from dd1

I would be 100% fine with a crafting system that allowed you to churn multiple lower type items into a higher rarity. 

I've gotten more mythicals than I can care to remember but I've never had a Legendary drop yet. It would also possibly be nice if they made Legendary items more rare but made it an event essentially, when one drops everyone gets a legendary in the party.

@Hardee quote:

What is "Wave director game mode" ? Also the event system. Are these in dd1?

Wave Director mode sounds like when the player can choose what comes where in certain waves, perhaps a new type of PvP; one player plays as the "Wave Director" while the others play as the Heroes. Would be interesting if that is what it is.

And about the event system I'm not too sure myself.

@X marks it quote:

@Hardee quote:

What is "Wave director game mode" ? Also the event system. Are these in dd1?

Wave Director mode sounds like when the player can choose what comes where in certain waves, perhaps a new type of PvP; one player plays as the "Wave Director" while the others play as the Heroes. Would be interesting if that is what it is.

And about the event system I'm not too sure myself.

I really hope more than waves would be customizable. Something like this:

https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/115588/game-modifiers

When you say more heroes. Do you mean you will add heroes like Summoner,Jester,Barbarian and EV? Or you will make and add complitly new heroes?

local co-op :D cool

how much players ?

local lan or local split screen ?

- if split screen do it the "lego way" pls (dynamic split).

cant wait for the linux realese.