Development Roadmap

@marcoshipman1 quote:

Great game guys, ive been a fan of all the dd games, but after the insanely huge disappointment of dd eternity , dd II saved the day. Smooth graphics and gameplay, combat is so much more fun, there could be more tower choices but overall an amazing game with a lot of potential.  The only thing i have seen a LOT of players complain about in game is the lack of green crystals dropped from monsters.  I think the new distribution method is genius and enough crystals are given at beginning of the rounds, but i think the monsters need to drop more crystals especially in the harder levels.

Keep up the amazing work, and thanks a lot!

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jc133 quote:

@marcoshipman1 quote:

Great game guys, ive been a fan of all the dd games, but after the insanely huge disappointment of dd eternity , dd II saved the day. Smooth graphics and gameplay, combat is so much more fun, there could be more tower choices but overall an amazing game with a lot of potential.  The only thing i have seen a LOT of players complain about in game is the lack of green crystals dropped from monsters.  I think the new distribution method is genius and enough crystals are given at beginning of the rounds, but i think the monsters need to drop more crystals especially in the harder levels.

Keep up the amazing work, and thanks a lot!

@iamisom quote:

In the future we’ll be adding new features, improving existing systems, iterating on balance, and creating new content. This list represents our current plans; however, none of these are guaranteed. You’ll be using our Influence System to directly guide and shape this list in the future! 

Future Features: 

• Pets (update: added 4/28) 
  • Bosses (update: added 4/28) 
  • Controller Support (Controls, HUD, & UI) 
  • Local Co-Op 
  • New Game Modes 
  • Toxic Player Controls (To stop those nasty AFKers + Social Score System) (update: added 3/12) 
  • Fullscreen Tactical Map 
  • Social Hub (update: added 2/5) 
  • HUD Revamp 
  • Summary Screen Revamp 
  • Events System 
  • Tavern Customization 
  • Costumes and Embellishments (update: added 4/28) 
  • Wave Director Game Mode 
  • Badges & Achievements 
  • Trading
  • Mac/Linux/PS4 Support

Improvements: 

• Matchmaking (updated: removed grind on 2/5, still lots of fixes to come!) 
  • Loot Progression/Reward Loops 
  • Defense Placement 
  • Monk, Squire & Huntress Defenses/Abilities 
  • Item Enhancement System 
  • UI Improvements

And Content: 

• More Heroes 
  • More Skill Spheres (updated: added new Skill Sphere system 4/28) 
  • More Maps (update: added 33% more maps 4/28) 
  • More Combos 
  • More Enemies/Enemy Types 
  • More Special Stats

@Collapsing quote:

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Is there a current rollout date for local co-op or is it aligned with PS4 launch?

@rwilliamson31 quote:

Is there any reason why local co-op wasn't on the recent initiative vote? Sorry if I missed that as an added feature earlier. 

Everything on the roadmap is already going to be implemented. Initiative week is a way for players to express their feelings on the Dev's ideas.

@iamisom quote:

In the future we’ll be adding new features, improving existing systems, iterating on balance, and creating new content. This list represents our current plans; however, none of these are guaranteed. You’ll be using our Influence System to directly guide and shape this list in the future! 

Future Features: 

• Pets (update: added 4/28) 
  • Bosses (update: added 4/28) 
  • Controller Support (Controls, HUD, & UI) 
  • Local Co-Op 
  • New Game Modes 
  • Toxic Player Controls (To stop those nasty AFKers + Social Score System) (update: added 3/12) 
  • Fullscreen Tactical Map 
  • Social Hub (update: added 2/5) 
  • HUD Revamp 
  • Summary Screen Revamp 
  • Events System 
  • Tavern Customization 
  • Costumes and Embellishments (update: added 4/28) 
  • Wave Director Game Mode 
  • Badges & Achievements 
  • Trading
  • Mac/Linux/PS4 Support

Improvements: 

• Matchmaking (updated: removed grind on 2/5, still lots of fixes to come!) 
  • Loot Progression/Reward Loops 
  • Defense Placement 
  • Monk, Squire & Huntress Defenses/Abilities 
  • Item Enhancement System 
  • UI Improvements

And Content: 

• More Heroes 
  • More Skill Spheres (updated: added new Skill Sphere system 4/28) 
  • More Maps (update: added 33% more maps 4/28) 
  • More Combos 
  • More Enemies/Enemy Types 
  • More Special Stats

Hi there!

I don`t see any translations on the roadmap.monk_small.png Is there planed anything ? I speak  a little bit english but my wife doesn`t. We loved to play DD1 with german translation.

Now there are so many new options and possibilities and we don`t understand all.

Please translate your great game!

Klatschi

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

@Klatschianer quote:

Hi there!

I don`t see any translations on the roadmap.monk_small.png Is there planed anything ? I speak  a little bit english but my wife doesn`t. We loved to play DD1 with german translation.

Now there are so many new options and possibilities and we don`t understand all.

Klatschi

I'm fairly certain that localizations are in our plans, but they may not happen for some time. What languages would you like to see DD2 translated to?

@dhulver333 quote:

When will there be info on ps4 relese date that's my fav way to play was on the console

We'll have more information later this year as we get closer to the PS4 Closed Beta (date:  TBD).

@iamisom quote:

@Klatschianer quote:

Hi there!

Klatschi

I'm fairly certain that localizations are in our plans, but they may not happen for some time. What languages would you like to see DD2 translated to?

As he wrote his english is not that good I have sent him a PM with a translation of your answer. Just in case. ^^

About the translations: I think we, the community, could give you a hand here. (Of course there will be the need of supervision - but we could help you save time here)

From what I think popular game translations are: german, french and spanish. I have no idea about asian audience and how many people there are playing DD.

@Dreizehn quote:

@iamisom quote:

@Klatschianer quote:

Hi there!

Klatschi

As he wrote his english is not that good I have sent him a PM with a translation of your answer. Just in case. ^^

About the translations: I think we, the community, could give you a hand here. (Of course there will be the need of supervision - but we could help you save time here)

From what I think popular game translations are: german, french and spanish. I have no idea about asian audience and how many people there are playing DD.

Yeah of course, i can give a hand for translate the game in French, this is not hard, and for free, it can be faster instead of recruit someone for do it. plus, community have experience with the game, so it's easy to translate all things in the game. What do you think about this ? [[4370,users]]

@Dreizehn quote:

I was very happy reading this! Thanks Dreizehn!

And it is good to read translations are planed.

I agree with Dreizehn... The most popular translations are german, french and spanish.

Thx 4 the answers!

I do wonder what the new classes will be, I remember the gun witch class from when it was a Moba and I was wondering if she was a potential new hero, or just a skin for the huntress? Considering that the current 3-1 male to female cast is making it hard for me to play with my friends (I don't have many male friends, nor ones that enjoy playing as guys)

I guess most of this would be solved if there was a way to choose from different skills and traps so you wouldn't get penalized as badly for two or three players playing the same hero. Will that be possible?

I know this probably isn't practical at all, but i think a first person mode would be pretty sweet. With harder maps the defenses are almost always built by one or two players, so it would be nice having a more engaging combat experience. Currently even when playing a dps character, I hardly ever need to attack anything, only bosses and an occasional enemy that slips past, and the rest of the time everyone just kind of sits around and repairs/upgrades.

Also I would really enjoy something like an option to disable or lower aim assist / shot magnetism. Maybe have some trade offs like increased critical hitbox when it is disabled/lowered, since currently I find it extremely hard to get any critical hits, even when i can see my shots hitting an enemy in the head.

And on a side note if you are looking for people to translate, I may have someone who would be able to put it in Japanese, although he is a little busy so would probably need pay for it.

Can we just have a Endless mode. Please. Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.Please.

Thank you

Much Respect 

Gothraga

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure your making tons of money having this early access on steam for so damn long, but maybe you could stop milking the cow and get to it. Could we stop releasing pets and crap like that and maybe get to what people really liked about DD1; the split-screen co-op and controller support. I have great memories playing DD1 with actual hue-mon friends. I have had this game for over 4 months and haven't played it yet because those key features have yet to be developed.

Can we get a classic survival mode Please.

Onslaught Mode Blows. not liking it at all.

PLS just a classic survival mode No fancy crap.

• 1 month later...