Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Development Roadmap

I'm going to outline specifics that should help fix the core experience for everyone.  Starting with order of importance.

1.  The number one problem right now is the loot system in entirety.

The answer provided in the dev stream to fix the core system is the right approach.  Obviously this is going to be an arduous task and require extensive planning however the mechanics are in place.  My suggestion is to create a query that takes a look at what a player currently has ( item level, stats, core stat/ability ) and generate something along those lines for the new loot.  I am not saying hand out easy pickings for loot.  If you have defense power / defense speed helm with lightning aura attack rate and are playing a monk at the very least a monk helm should drop.  Before onslaught is introduced this key aspect needs to be fixed.  Otherwise we are right back to square one of not fixing the core experience.  Also if the chests at the end of the map are going to be anything less than purple remove them.  At end game it's a kick in the face and a waste of time to wait to open these.  Sure it maybe exciting for new players but after seeing green over 1k times you lose that sparkle.

2.  Every map still has lane pathing issues and I'm sorry but at this point this shouldn't even be an issue.  I will try to be as helpful as possible and say I didn't notice this starting until the server changes when the social tavern had the teleporting issue.   So maybe it's directly correlated to that.  The newest betsy maps have it worse though and it happens daily.

3.  The Huntress is way out of balance in comparison to the other classes at this time.  It was mentioned in the dev stream this will be addressed but it shouldn't wait until the next content release it would be a lot more apt for a hotfix and shouldn't require a huge amount of overhead for the team ( with one exception being the poison dart towers ).  Lots to fix with them still :(.

Not sure if this was already been suggested or is in the roadmap but I suggest of picking out your heroes' skill tree just like how we pick the perks right now. It would be awesome if we can do that and not just bringing the same old skill set.

@KeySign quote:

Not sure if this was already been suggested or is in the roadmap but I suggest of picking out your heroes' skill tree just like how we pick the perks right now. It would be awesome if we can do that and not just bringing the same old skill set.

They do probably got some plans to make it better but i don't know about a skill tree, i haven't seen any mentions, feel free to go to the suggestion subforum and post your suggestion of how a skill tree could be applied to the game.

@ViVi quote:

" i " for inventory would be really convenient

too convenient i guess :/

@spartan316 quote:

It seems like they want to keep the inventory as part of the Forge, so I doubt they will give us "I" for inventory. :(

If everyone wants it we would get it. :P

Lets be honest, every game allows you to access you inventory at will, its pretty outdated to not let you do it.

Running back and forth for every little thing, like looking at stats or changing equip to compare tower damage and such is just annoying :/

Noticing this is no longer a sticky thread.  Is there a reason for that?

@Gothraga quote:

How about a Roadmap Update? or is it updated its kinda hard to tell.

Is the feature in game? If not then it's still to be :p

@Rudens quote:

Can't wait to have local coop but I guess I need to get the game to work first..

have you tried posting your issues on the tech support subforum or contacting support[[63962,users]].com ?

@Gutu quote:

Not yet, I literally just bought it and tried opening it and I faced that loading screen freeze thing so first as I usually do try and see if I can somehow fix it and then do anything else :D But yes I will if the validating the files won't do any good. Thank you

have you tried posting your issues on the tech support subforum or contacting supporttrendyent.com ?

+1 to local co-op and controller support.  The only way I play is splitscreen with controllers, so those are dealmakers/breakers.  I absolutely can't wait!  I've spent the last month (since I discovered DD1) telling everyone I know that you have the best multiplayer setup I've ever seen, with mixed local co-op/online.  

DD1 hit the nail on the head for the most flexible multiplayer system, and I can't wait to see how you expand it with DD2!

I am curious about the vision of DD2 and how those visions are taking shape right now. What is the experience you want to give the players?