Development Roadmap

Please for the love of god do not include a trading feature. Do not make the same mistake the DD1 devs did by allowing you to trade and give players gear that you found. The longevity and replay-ability of this game hinges on it being a "self found only" game. Once you include a trading system you set up for items to be sold, bartered, given away, and overall create a much easier, much shorter experience for players. Most players who play these kinds of games play them because they like the idea of constantly bettering your character, if you allow them to trade for the best loot they will quickly be in full best in slot and have no reason to play anymore (see diablo 3 pre auction house removal). It also opens the door for modders to mod weapons and armor and spread them like wildfire (another reason why DD1 fell off). 

Keep this a self found game, the casuals can still get gear and do things, but not at nearly the same pace hardcore players can. And that's fine because thats expected, you progress at the pace that you play. Keep it that way. 

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so looking forward to the costumes/new heroes, will give so much more diversity to the game and really give dd2 that much needed player uniqueness.

if i had to give a comment on new heroes i'd love to see an assassin class, maybe high mobility combined with extra damage from behind or a leap of some sort because all classes seem quite slow currently movement wise and sometimes there are situations where a fast mobility class could do a lot of good. also new maps/levels if that is anytime soon that would be great, love new content, especially levels with nice rain ambience like the ramparts.

Right now you can use programs like xpadder to play the game with a controller, but even those can be kind of awkward. I'm glad to see controller support is coming. Not for myself, but my bud prefers using controllers and I'd really like to get him in on this game.

@jokes are fun quote:

I've been really out of the loop quit playing around when the kwee got an xbox 1 is dungeon defenders comming to the xbox 1

for the moment is going to be PS4 exclusive, however xbox 1 is not off the table, simply put, don't expect it any time soon if at all.

@Gutu quote:

Ok just wondering thanks

@jokes are fun quote:

I've been really out of the loop quit playing around when the kwee got an xbox 1 is dungeon defenders comming to the xbox 1

for the moment is going to be PS4 exclusive, however xbox 1 is not off the table, simply put, don't expect it any time soon if at all.

I think when pressing shift, the mini map should show the mob pathing route. You can already see it by running around and learning the maps, but it may be a nice touch for newer players.

@iamisom quote:

@Vypr^ quote:

Please improve the UI!

We'd love to hear more about this. What specifically needs improvements? 

@puddledux quote:

I think when pressing shift, the mini map should show the mob pathing route. You can already see it by running around and learning the maps, but it may be a nice touch for newer players.

@iamisom quote:

@Vypr^ quote:

Please improve the UI!

We'd love to hear more about this. What specifically needs improvements? 

Neat idea! (And welcome to the forums!)

A few things I would like to see happen...

1. Change the social tavern so that you can talk to people, but not see them. It's annoying when people place towers right in the spawn area. Please don't limit where you can build in the private tavern though.

2. The UI in the gear upgrading vendor needs to show how far the xp will go past the current level and make it so that it skips the level up prompt until the last level it earns from that particular upgrade.

3. Base the level on what maps are available based on the lowest level hero in the group, not just the host.

4. With the changes to the level groups hard and insane difficulties could do things like: limited build time, more "special" enemies, enemies take half stun/shock or resist other debuffs.

5. When you add survival please go with the DD1 version instead of the DDE version. (Same goes for "Hardcore" but I would prefer if you skipped that feature all together)

6. Add bosses to the game.

7. Add pets.

8. Costumes should be purely cosmetic.

9. During the build phase it would be nice if I could place towers from the other heroes in my deck without having to swap to them. It's not a huge deal, but it would be a quality of life thing.

10. I'd like there to be a menu where I can check my stats/gear/specks without returning to the hero forge.

11. Add more heroes.

These aren't in any particular order, just as they popped into my head. I know you all are working on some of this stuff already, but I figured I would mention them anyway.

@Azrik quote:

These aren't in any particular order, just as they popped into my head. I know you all are working on some of this stuff already, but I figured I would mention them anyway.

>_> like 99% of what you just said is indeed going to be there, might not be exactly but close to that so... You simply cheer up that they are doing what you wanted, and if there's actually something they aren't already or not as you see, you could go to the Suggestion SubForum and make a thread about that single thing =) that would be awesome, for example, this one you have there "The UI in the gear upgrading vendor needs to show how far the xp will go past the current level"  You could make a thread about that

@NoobieTV quote:

Will there be a Local Mode Like In dd1 To Stop Every Little Lag :3 

Just Askin :D

Thanks for the question! DD2 is online only, so there won't be a local/offline mode. 

For those wondering:  Local co-op on our roadmap means split-screen multiplayer.

@iamisom quote:

@NoobieTV quote:

Will there be a Local Mode Like In dd1 To Stop Every Little Lag :3 

Just Askin :D

Thanks for the question! DD2 is online only, so there won't be a local/offline mode. 

For those wondering:  Local co-op on our roadmap means split-screen multiplayer.

Thanks for the answer :P But i think thats an good idea cause in dd1 all people only play local :D

So is linux support something that is being worked on at all yet? I've been noticing the game on steam but windows only is kinda of a killer for some of us. Was curious if it was in the works or something that is still a couple years out.

@Gutu quote:

Kubis quote:

I love this game, but I thing we are getting low amount of green crystal.. this make DD2 more harder and it isn´t same fun like DD1 kobold.png

Well it's a new thing for DD2, instead of simply over building everything now you have to careful and strategically place the towers, the mana was a bit difficult for me to get used to but now i did and i don't miss it at all it makes the game more of a challenge, but at the beggining i felt that way too. Do you know what helped me improve my play?

This guys' guide: https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/guides/114567/bluehorns-army-training-videos-how-to-not-completely-suck-at-dd2

You are right that it makes the game more challenging, and for some of us, that makes it more fun. In DD1, I didn't feel like I really beat a map until my defenses could handle the map without any DPS characters, and without losing any towers. However, in my current play-through DD2, I have won maps after the last wave was stomping over the ruins of my towers. It was intense, stressful, and very fun.  

However, I believe this will be a problem for getting new players interested due to the immediate challenging aspect, and it may deter returning players from DD1 who are used to building a strategy based off of many turrets working together.  

One possible option maybe to create an 'easy' difficulty mode where everything is the same, but the players get more mana to work with. Those who want to be able to spam towers will be happy, new players will have a 'casual' mode to play in order to get their feet wet.  

Another option is to increase the default mana in general, and make it higher, but allow an option to be selected for each map (like DD1 had), except maybe a 'limited resources' mode, that reduces the mana for the map, but increases the chance for better items.

Personally, I enjoy the challenge, and if the mana stays just as it is, I will still be a very happy player. However, I don't see any reason not to include options to include those who prefer tower spamming, or who don't enjoy challenges as much.  

i am returning from dd1 and personally prefer the more strategic style i recently did a free play mode as a 3 man huntress team and actually succeeded felt great and    we were only able to do it because we actually planned our towers each round and worked together. I feel like the people who don't like the low green count in the beginning are that way because they don't have a good team nor have much experience with how to work this system. I recently thought a cool idea would be if new players could request a mentor player who could help them learn the ropes and it would also give ppl more players that they know when working on modes they need players they can work well with. thoughts anyone