Development Roadmap

In the future we’ll be adding new features, improving existing systems, iterating on balance, and creating new content. This list represents our current plans; however, none of these are guaranteed. You’ll be using our Influence System to directly guide and shape this list in the future! 

Future Features: 

• Pets (update: added 4/28) 
  • Bosses (update: added 4/28) 
  • Controller Support (Controls, HUD, & UI) 
  • Local Co-Op 
  • New Game Modes 
  • Toxic Player Controls (To stop those nasty AFKers + Social Score System) (update: added 3/12) 
  • Fullscreen Tactical Map 
  • Social Hub (update: added 2/5) 
  • HUD Revamp 
  • Summary Screen Revamp 
  • Events System 
  • Tavern Customization 
  • Costumes and Embellishments (update: added 4/28) 
  • Wave Director Game Mode 
  • Badges & Achievements 
  • Trading
  • Mac/Linux/PS4 Support

Improvements: 

• Matchmaking (updated: removed grind on 2/5, still lots of fixes to come!) 
  • Loot Progression/Reward Loops 
  • Defense Placement 
  • Monk, Squire & Huntress Defenses/Abilities 
  • Item Enhancement System 
  • UI Improvements

And Content: 

• More Heroes 
  • More Skill Spheres (updated: added new Skill Sphere system 4/28) 
  • More Maps (update: added 33% more maps 4/28) 
  • More Combos 
  • More Enemies/Enemy Types 
  • More Special Stats

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick question, is there a list on the priority of this, or simply common sense? Or is this already on priority ? top being the one with most priority

[[43252,users]] quote:

Just a quick question, is there a list on the priority of this, or simply common sense? Or is this already on priority ? top being the one with most priority

This list is not in an order of priority or in an order of development. 

[[4370,users]] quote:

This list is not in an order of priority or in an order of development. 

can you give us more on what's going on priority-wise so we can focus more on giving feedback or suggestions on those specific things? 

Toxic player controls? What's that? Sorry I've been out of the loop :( if there is a thread about that just post it for me please.

[[56743,users]] quote:

Toxic player controls? What's that? Sorry I've been out of the loop :( if there is a thread about that just post it for me please.

Toxic players are trolls, afkers, rude,  and anything that can be considered a bad-doing player action

It would be great to get controller support as soon as possible.  I dont need it but a couple of people I play with will not play this hardly at all until they can use a controller.  I am sure there are others in the same position.  It would open it up for a wider range of testers.

Controller support is a huge deciding factor for quite a few of my friends as well. I'm sucking it up in the mean time.

There's a thread on the general subforums with a link to an unofficial controller support 

I'd really like Trading to get implemented soon. Sucks to try and help out a friend but be unable to trade the item to him. 

I love this game, but I thing we are getting low amount of green crystal.. this make DD2 more harder and it isn´t same fun like DD1 kobold.png

[[65813,users]] quote:

I love this game, but I thing we are getting low amount of green crystal.. this make DD2 more harder and it isn´t same fun like DD1 kobold.png

Well it's a new thing for DD2, instead of simply over building everything now you have to careful and strategically place the towers, the mana was a bit difficult for me to get used to but now i did and i don't miss it at all it makes the game more of a challenge, but at the beggining i felt that way too. Do you know what helped me improve my play?

This guys' guide: https://www.dungeondefenders.com/2/guides/114567/bluehorns-army-training-videos-how-to-not-completely-suck-at-dd2

i CAN'T wait for the pets :') , make them even better than the first. i know that's going to be hard haha

[[65813,users]] quote:

maybe they might fix the drop amount of green crystals .. it's still pre-alpha tho :) and you are right it's like a whole new game :)

[[57688,users]] quote:

I'd really like Trading to get implemented soon. Sucks to try and help out a friend but be unable to trade the item to him. 

totaly right , my friends get stuff that i need often haha

[[65287,users]] quote:

Kubis quote:

maybe they might fix the drop amount of green crystals .. it's still pre-alpha tho :) and you are right it's like a whole new game :)

the low green mana is intentional, as now there are 2 types of mana it was split, the reason DD1 had so much mana was because your abilities depended on it, the limited green mana as resource makes you think twice before repairing and placing a tower, which is very very good in my opinion,

xiao xin quote:

I  wish trendy will add more content , pet,boss,trade,game mode.

They will, they're working on it.. as you can see on the roadmap. However let's no rush content, keep it balanced and organized if we start rushing things the game starts to feel a mess, and it will be harder to work on it. It's better to have less content and more balance+fixes than having a lot of content without meeting the balance or the fixes. At least imo.

Great game guys, ive been a fan of all the dd games, but after the insanely huge disappointment of dd eternity , dd II saved the day. Smooth graphics and gameplay, combat is so much more fun, there could be more tower choices but overall an amazing game with a lot of potential.  The only thing i have seen a LOT of players complain about in game is the lack of green crystals dropped from monsters.  I think the new distribution method is genius and enough crystals are given at beginning of the rounds, but i think the monsters need to drop more crystals especially in the harder levels.

Keep up the amazing work, and thanks a lot!

[[4370,users]] quote:

In the future we’ll be adding new features, improving existing systems, iterating on balance, and creating new content. This list represents our current plans; however, none of these are guaranteed. You’ll be using our Influence System to directly guide and shape this list in the future! 

Future Features: 

• Pets 
  • Bosses 
  • Controller Support (Controls, HUD, & UI) 
  • Mac, Linux and PS4 Support
  • Local Co-Op 
  • New Game Modes 
  • Toxic Player Controls (To stop those nasty AFKers + Social Score System) 
  • Fullscreen Tactical Map 
  • Social Hub 
  • HUD Revamp 
  • Summary Screen Revamp 
  • Events System 
  • Tavern Customization 
  • Costumes and Embellishments 
  • Wave Director Game Mode 
  • Badges & Achievements 
  • Trading

Improvements: 

• Matchmaking