Sound is either delayed/have to be way to close to hear it

For towers you have to be like right on top of the tower to hear the sound effects. Sometimes the sound is delayed. Now I noticed that the sound was always clunky in previous builds, but I feel like this one it is the worst it has ever been. When I join my first match after starting up DD2, the sounds for my weapon are also not working until like maybe 10 shots have been fired. Then I guess the game picks up the sounds, not sure why. For towers If i'm like not even 10 feet away I won't hear it being fired at all.

Agreed. I have the same, and sometimes it's just muted for a couple of seconds.

It's due to the sounds still streaming in. Eventually when you download the game you'll download the full game so there won't be a need to stream anything in anymore. So the sound lag will fix itself once the full download is implemented.

As for your other problem, are you saying the SFX from the towers is just to low? How close do you have to be before you hear it? We don't want every single tower to blow your speakers so it's set a little low on purpose but it can be adjusted.