Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

[Defense Council] Playtest Patch 4 Feedback Thread

Please discuss this patch in this thread!

FEATURE:

• Updated the art, animations, SFX and VFX on several abilities, enemies, maps, items and UI.
  • Players can now double-click to equip or unequip items in the Inventory.
  • While in the Item Enhancement shop, double-clicking an item will place the item on the Enhancement Wheel, and right-clicking the item will remove it.
  • Equipment icons in the Inventory now have a background color to better showcase the tier of an item.
  • Comparing an item will now highlight the slots in the Relic Belt.
  • The item enhancement levels have been added to the item comparison tooltip.
  • Implemented better feedback for Hero Specs. "+" and "-" buttons are now disabled when there are no actions available.
  • Updated descriptions for several items, abilities and defenses.
  • Minibosses have been updated with more consistent drop rates for equipment.
  • Added the hero experience bar to the Forge menu screen.
  • Updated the cursor displayed when the player selects Sell Mode in the Inventory.
  • Increased the amount of inventory slots for all bags. Standard bags now have 18 slots, and premium bags now have 30 slots.
  • Added new self-command pings. These new commands include, "I'll build here," "I'll defend here" and more. Most of the self-command pings are all accessible via the "C" shortcut". The mana self command has not been bound to the "C" shortcut.
  • Pings are now more visible on the minimap, pulsing for longer and throughout a larger area. Pings last 6 seconds now (down from 8s).
  • Added the ability for players to skip end-game timers by pressing "G" before the summary screen pops up.
  • Added placeholder tutorial videos to the game.
  • Implemented a short fade to black transition for enemy intro and tutorial videos.
  • Implemented a max tower mana cap that increases per hero. Current tower mana is now properly reflected in the mana bar.
  • Increased Hero jump height from 1560 units to 1605 units to smooth out obstacle jumping in-game.

BALANCE:

• Removed special stats from all items! We are currently in the middle of re-implementing them for all Heroes. Some special stats have been added for the Huntress and the Monk, but keep in mind this is a work in progress. There may be some major imbalances! Please report them as you find them.
  • Major Hero Progression balance changes. We are implementing the intended experience curve to reach the level cap. Previously, Hero Progression was purposely accelerated for testing purposes. Please put on your β€œNew Player Goggles” and give us feedback!
  • The Apprentice's Tornado knockup now lasts 2.6 seconds (down from 3.1s).
  • Reduced the amount of camera shake used by the Huntress' Proximity Mine.
  • Updated gameplay balance within the level 21 -25 range.
  • Reduced the knockback on the Ogre's snotball to roughly a third of its previous values.
  • Increased the maximum number of enemies that can be affected by the Lightning Aura.
  • Squire: Provoke and Heroic Wave scale less with ability power than before.
  • Squire: The Squire's sword beam deals slightly less damage than before.
  • Squire: Provoke's mana cost has increased by 5. Seismic Slam deals slightly less damage than before.
  • Monk: The Monk's staff strike deals slightly more damage than before. Heroic Wave costs 5 less mana per cast.
  • Huntress: The Huntress' Concussive Shot deals slightly less damage than before. Piercing Shot's damage has been reduced slightly.
  • Apprentice: The Apprentice's Tornado deals slightly less damage. Mana Bomb also deals less damage than before.
  • Ogres now have a consistent 75% tenacity instead of lower tenacity that scales up by tier.

BUG FIX:

• Fixed a bug where incorrect text was displayed on the Item Enhancement screen when upgrading items to max level.
  • Fixed a bug where special stats were consuming normal stat slots on equipment.
  • Fixed a bug that limited the Squire's ability to consistently deal damage with his Seismic Slam.
  • Reduced hero level cap to 25.
  • Revised aura defenses' interaction with other defenses. It is now impossible to overlap auras of the same type. Auras of different types are now stackable. Fixed a bug where existing auras blocked defense placement.
  • Cleaned up Geyser Trap collision to be more consistent. Geyser Trap no longer stack with each other or other defenses.
  • Fixed a bug where dragging items into an inventory slot did not play a sound.
  • Fixed a bug where the first hero in your Hero Deck always appeared when spawning, regardless of switching or selecting another beforehand.
  • Fixed a bug where Forge minimap icons were not being displayed.
  • Fixed a bug where Hero Specs were not being applied to the initially spawned hero.
  • Fixed a bug where tower buffs on equipment special stats were endlessly stacking.
  • Fixed a bug where lane billboards were not displaying flashing danger icons for Bosses.
  • Fixed a bug where core health was scaling incorrectly in various maps.
  • Fixed an issue where Apprentice and Huntress’ charge shots were slower than intended.
  • Fixes for down-leveling and special stats when you swap out your current hero.
  • Changed the Ogre's Butt Slam damage type to physical.
  • Fixed a bug where current and maximum item enhancement level was not being displayed in the item overlay.
  • Fixed a bug that was preventing open bags from displaying their inventory slots.
  • The Huntress' Blaze Balloon no longer interacts with air enemies.
  • Fixed a bug where the Ballista had .5% damage falloff instead of 10%.
  • Updated the Monk's relic belt to include Medallions and Totems. The Monk's relic belt no longer uses Tomes.
  • These changes required that any existing Monks' changed relic belt slots were deleted.
  • Fixed a bug where some items were seen as valid but unequippable for the Monk.
  • The Huntress'' Oil Flask is now affected by tenacity (previously not).

Some questions before testing:

1) Is solo balanced?

2) Does the game balance and progression curve account for the lack of hero deck leveling?

Thanks!

Some questions before testing:

1) Is solo balanced?

2) Does the game balance and progression curve account for the lack of hero deck leveling?

Thanks!

1) Solo is balanced, but you might need a variety of heroes to beat all of the content.

2) The current game balance and progression curve do not account for the lack of Hero Deck leveling. Hero Deck leveling and all of the changes associated with that will be introduced in a public test realm in the future for testing and feedback. The current build is our first pass for the version of the game without Hero Deck leveling.

Super excited to play this evening! But before I do, I already have some major concerns here.

• Implemented a max tower mana cap that increases per hero: But I thought not having a cap was amazing! I'll reserve official judgement until I actually play, but so far I think this is a step backwards. I'm really hoping the cap starts at like 1000 and increases to 2000 or something.
  • Increased the maximum number of enemies that can be affected by the Lightning Aura: Just wondering, why isn't this less than 'everyone in the aura'? Electric Auras are already very difficult to use because of their low damage. If you guys implemented this limit just so there can be a special stat that increases affected enemies, I strongly disagree with that decision.
  • Huntress: Piercing Shot's damage has been reduced slightly: I recall piercing shot doing just a tad more damage than a charged shot. If it does less than a charged shot now, I'd consider it essentially a piercing charge shot that costs a crap-ton of blue mana.
  • Ogres now have a consistent 75% tenacity instead of lower tenacity that scales up by tier: What the heck is tenacity in this context?
  • Revised aura defenses' interaction with other defenses. It is now impossible to overlap auras of the same type. Auras of different types are now stackable: Okay, this is one I have HUGE concern with. There was absolutely nothing wrong with auras taking up physical space; you had to make room for them, and that's not a bad thing at all. The fact that we can now have aura stacks feels like the first step to breaking balance. Also, summoning two of the same auras and upgrading both = overlapping auras.

While playing, I'm going to be paying particular attention to those points and make sure that it contributes to a positive playing experience. If they don't, you'll definitely be hearing about it :)

1) Solo is balanced, but you might need a variety of heroes to beat all of the content.

2) The current game balance and progression curve do not account for the lack of Hero Deck leveling. Hero Deck leveling and all of the changes associated with that will be introduced in a public test realm in the future for testing and feedback. The current build is our first pass for the version of the game without Hero Deck leveling.

Very good to know, thank you!

Do you then recommend skipping solo testing? It seems that since it will take 3 times as long and since you will need all three heroes, maybe it's best to stick to co-op?

Last build, solo was painful and with a decreased progression rate and no deck-leveling it looks like I might not finish before the next wipe! lol

Giga has some good points above. I too would like to know about the tenacity.

I will chime in fully after testing but I actually am thrilled to hear about the aura change. The experience with the boost aura placement in particular was so annoying I stopped playing the monk all together the last few builds.

Very good to know, thank you!

Do you then recommend skipping solo testing? It seems that since it will take 3 times as long and since you will need all three heroes, maybe it's best to stick to co-op?

Last build, solo was painful and with a decreased progression rate and no deck-leveling it looks like I might not finish before the next wipe! lol

We're looking for feedback on all forms of play. The more feedback you can provide, the more we can improve the game.

The Huntress'' Oil Flask is now affected by tenacity (previously not).
we don't understand
explain plz to dumb 3yo kids one from russia one from us

why it is so blury btw?

It seems that when you sell an item in your inventory, you must reload the inventory screen before the funds show the money despite the items disappearing from the inventory.

Why is it that the monk can not use his abilities midair, while the apprentice and huntress can use theirs while airborne?

The Huntress'' Oil Flask is now affected by tenacity (previously not).
we don't understand
explain plz to dumb 3yo kids one from russia one from us

why it is so blury btw?

If ogres have 75% tenacity (meaning debuffs on them only last 1/4th as long), does that mean that you can't pull off an oil flask + piercing shot combo on them?

If ogres have 75% tenacity (meaning debuffs on them only last 1/4th as long), does that mean that you can't pull off an oil flask + piercing shot combo on them?

I can't even understand tenacity word meaning in current content. I'm russian after all does it slow or something

I'll expand on a few of the questions and comments posed here.

1) Implemented a max tower mana cap:
With infinite mana, there were only two states: You either have tower mana or you don't. The intention here was to have a meaningful way to display tower mana using the HUD. You should now be able to see your mana increment in a more meaningful manner.

2) Tenacity:
Banzai is correct. Tenacity reduces the duration of debuffs. To answer Zoof, the Oil Flask's slow duration was not being affected by tenacity at all.

3) Ability / Tower / Special stats / Items:
Thanks for sharing your concerns, Giga. I just wanted to say that the balance of these are still being worked on and we take your feedback seriously. For this patch, we only got a handful of the balance changes that we wanted to get in. There are many more changes coming soon!

4) Aura revision:
This is definitely a bug fix. Auras were never supposed to block other defenses from being placed inside of them. We thought it was frustrating when a barricade went down inside of an aura, and we weren't able to replace it without selling the aura first. How did you feel about that?

Hope that answers most of your questions. Looking forward to all the feedback!

The question is:what does 75% tenacity vs 50% tenacity?
Does 75% mean it lasts three quarters of normal, or only one quarter?

Play session #1 - New Player Glasses Feedback

Created 3 Heroes - removed all but 1 App. in Hero Deck
Jumped in Map#1 (1-3) - Leveled from 1 - 3.4 (solo)
Jumped in Map#2 (3-4) - Leveled from 3.4 - 4.2 (solo)
- When I returned to the Tavern post map one of my Heroes had been auto added to my Deck. I had to removed to join (4-7).
- Was shocked to see that A) Jav/Rexs still had excess range and damage and B) they would be in the second map for new players. Felt very cheesy.
Jumped in Map#3 (4-7) - No leveling - Left Game
- Rex/Jav issue was too frustrating to continue.

First sessions feedback.

Super excited to play this evening! But before I do, I already have some major concerns here.

• Implemented a max tower mana cap that increases per hero: But I thought not having a cap was amazing! I'll reserve official judgement until I actually play, but so far I think this is a step backwards. I'm really hoping the cap starts at like 1000 and increases to 2000 or something.
  • Increased the maximum number of enemies that can be affected by the Lightning Aura: Just wondering, why isn't this less than 'everyone in the aura'? Electric Auras are already very difficult to use because of their low damage. If you guys implemented this limit just so there can be a special stat that increases affected enemies, I strongly disagree with that decision.
  • Huntress: Piercing Shot's damage has been reduced slightly: I recall piercing shot doing just a tad more damage than a charged shot. If it does less than a charged shot now, I'd consider it essentially a piercing charge shot that costs a crap-ton of blue mana.

I agree with these points. Especially the green mana cap.