I worry that DD2 will make the same mistakes DD1 and DDE did.

First of all, i should state that I've never played DD2, the only experiences i have with it are oNightPineberries videos.

Dungeon defenders has been a favorite game series of all time for me since the day it came out, it instantly hooked me and i can't get enough of It's tower defense and action oriented combat combo goodness.

Despite that, DD has always had plenty of flaws, and when i noticed DDE pop up on steam my excitement was through the roof wondering what they changed and fixed, but the result was fairly disappointing.

Its dungeon defenders, so i enjoy it greatly, and I'll love it for as long as I'll play it, but so many little design flaws poke through, i worry that DD2 will do the same. ( I realize DDE was done by Nom Nom, and not by the same team thats doing DD2, or so i think )

This may seem like feedback for DD1 and DDE, but i hope these concerns will be thought of during DD2 development.

Map testing
Maps barely seem to be tested, how did Tinkerer's lab ever make it into the game in such a laggy state, and why was it implemented again for DDE when none of It's issues had been fixed? Will DD2 be properly tested after it goes public?

Interface & Loot
Both DD1 and DDE had plenty of flawed elements to the interface, the folder system was clunky, items are hard to oversee and the screens seem tiny, they could scale up for bigger monitors, but for some reason don't.

Which ties into the second issue of loot, rather then being focused on combat and towers, DDE has us running around looting constantly, with no way to make it easier on us, playing a vacuum simulator is not fun, i hope DD2 will either drop less and better loot, or find other alternatives to this system.

Dye & Transmogs
Why where DD1's sliders taken out? Why was it changed with a limited selection of dye thats missing entire colors from its palette? I assumed this was testing for DD2's F2P model, purchasable dyes make sense, but why downgrade to a limited selection when we previously had sliders?

Resistances
Resistances feel like they make some of the towers and weapons completely arbitrary, DD2 seems to be addressing this issue by going back to the original classes and having fewer towers, synergies will also play into this really nicely.

I just hope that this time around, it wont render certain types of weapons or towers useless, having strength drains being mandatory just to use a certain type of tower seemed a bit iffy.

I'm sincerely sorry for complaining, these are personal opinions i want to be as positive as i can, but i guess this is the nature of feedback sometimes! Thank you for a great game series Trendy.

Alch labs had lag issues? I never noticed.

Interface and loot is completely different in DD2 than in DD1.

No idea about the dye system.

I have no idea why i said Alch labs, must've been quite sleep deprived! o.o I meant tinkerers lab.
Fixed :)

• 3 weeks later...
What I've noticed having gotten a chance to test DD2 is that they're working VERY hard on the maps now, testing them out. I don't think they'll release a buggy map. Loot and interface is definitely different. You won't have to spend all your time running around looking for loot and it's a LOT easier to navigate your interface than before, from what I've seen. It's also harder to accidentally sell items or level up a skill.

I dunno about the dyes, but I think it's safe to assume any game in pre-alpha stages will be at it's minimal when it comes to variety options - anything excessive such as dye colors or pets can create some confusion when dealing with gameplay issues. I understand customization is a great thing, but perhaps wait a little longer (beta maybe?!) before thinking they won't implement it.

I haven't seen a lot about resistances yet, but I HAVE figured out co-operation and pairing multiple towers from different classes is super important in DD2. A single class is nowhere near as powerful as it was in DD, and this is a change I wholeheartedly welcome.

Trendy is actively paying attention to all player feedback.

DD2 Has great potential and my gut tells me the 3rd time will be the charm.:squire:

• 1 month later...

Personally the only flaw I saw with DD1 was grinding half your life away to just get crap, besides that DD1 imo whats the height of perfection for this series.

[[90,users]] quote:

Personally the only flaw I saw with DD1 was grinding half your life away to just get crap, besides that DD1 imo whats the height of perfection for this series.

I actually loved the grind, and dd1 to me, felt like a great hardcore players game. 

[[63140,users]] quote:

Map testing
Maps barely seem to be tested, how did Tinkerer's lab ever make it into the game in such a laggy state, and why was it implemented again for DDE when none of It's issues had been fixed? Will DD2 be properly tested after it goes public?

Interface & Loot
Both DD1 and DDE had plenty of flawed elements to the interface, the folder system was clunky, items are hard to oversee and the screens seem tiny, they could scale up for bigger monitors, but for some reason don't.

Which ties into the second issue of loot, rather then being focused on combat and towers, DDE has us running around looting constantly, with no way to make it easier on us, playing a vacuum simulator is not fun, i hope DD2 will either drop less and better loot, or find other alternatives to this system.

Dye & Transmogs
Why where DD1's sliders taken out? Why was it changed with a limited selection of dye thats missing entire colors from its palette? I assumed this was testing for DD2's F2P model, purchasable dyes make sense, but why downgrade to a limited selection when we previously had sliders?

Resistances
Resistances feel like they make some of the towers and weapons completely arbitrary, DD2 seems to be addressing this issue by going back to the original classes and having fewer towers, synergies will also play into this really nicely.

I just hope that this time around, it wont render certain types of weapons or towers useless, having strength drains being mandatory just to use a certain type of tower seemed a bit iffy.

I'm sincerely sorry for complaining, these are personal opinions i want to be as positive as i can, but i guess this is the nature of feedback sometimes! Thank you for a great game series Trendy.

Map Testing:
Consider that this has been pre-alpha for over a year.  "Testing enough" is something they have obviously been putting a lot into.  But if your concern is for content released after the official release, I think that might be a bit harder to put claims too, even for their staff, because that's all in the future.  But yes, things seem to be getting a lot more direction here, so there is a good chance of things working out.

Interface & Loot
Foremost, looting is no issue at all, because anything you don't pick up goes to your TIB.  If you actually want to loot, because the TIB can get rather full, items are shown as giant pillars of light, with the item floating inside.  You can't miss them at all anymore.

Dye & Transmogs
Currently, we don't have anything aesthetic at all, all characters are identical, except for their weapon, which you can't modify how it looks.  This is probably something you should try and propose a good system for in a suggestion topic.

Resistances
Elemental resistances/immunity are scrapped completely.  Instead, we have only physical and magical damage reduction.

The Clunky interface I agree was a problem during DDE and DD1, but from all the videos I have watched on DD2 I think the new system is solid. I also want to touch on loot, looting has become much easy from what I have seen. I remember in DD1 often missing drops but I believe the new light around the gear system will fix that problem.

I do agree with the maps in DD2, of what I have seen they don't seem to be well thought out. But I do believe they will be fixed and brought back up and above par.

As for Dyeing and Transmoging I haven't seen a whole lot of it.