[Defense Council] Playtest Patch 3 Feedback Thread

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are there any changes in upgrade system?
my bags are empty

ok not emty they are cloes by default, but why?

are you sure you have fixed that wave experience?
can you remove all sort of timers?
can you add orange and purple diamonds on the minimap showing legendaries and epic?

Downgrade dosen't work I assume

Downgrade works, it is a tiny downgrade right now though. I was hoping that they wouldn't use the downgrade feature since they are already limiting us to 3 heroes.

Is anyone else not able to find items they picked up? I started a new Huntress and after the first wave of Gates of Dragonfall I picked up several bows but they're not in my inventory. Even after leaving the map, they're just completely gone.

OMG you have to click on the blue bar to open the bag even after clicking on the bag itself? I don't understand why changes like this happen, it's complexity for complexity's sake.

Hello, i'm a new Councillor and iwhen i try to play DD2 i just get the message " No versions available for you "

http://prntscr.com/4k6u3f

Is there something i have to do to play or did i miss something ^^?

Playverse name: Tammy

Edit: Reinstalling does not change anything still same problem :/

Feedback so far:

-I keep somehow clicking on the playverse overlay while trying to place traps.
-I don't like having to click on the blue bar to open bags, they should open when I click on the bags.
-I get a "Connection Lost" error telling me I lost my connection to the host after completing a map on private.
-If I go to the hero deck while I'm the 2nd or 3rd hero, I have to click on one of the other heroes before I can change to the 1st hero.
-I can't access any maps beyond levels 1-3, even with heroes at levels 4 and 9.

I can't find my legedary I looted 2 games beofore the patch even if you restored my hero and bags it was somehow from the past! Sad that Legendary monk weapon looks the same I have now but have 2 towers skills instead of one

what happend to the mana drops? it is not enough again for upgrades after 2 waves we upgraded about 15% to tier2 even from chest drops are lowered - 165 mana from three chests. Damn this is wrong

Sewers is so dark now. I like it but you can't see anything and pipes are poping back and forth
appear/dissaper all over the place

mosters still stuck in a east exit

I can't find my legedary I looted 2 games beofore the patch even if you restored my hero and bags it was somehow from the past!

[9/5/2014 10:34:32 PM] Josh Isom: We should be able to recover the data from all affected players, but the data will be from 2 a.m. EDT this (Friday) morning, meaning that any progress you made after 2 a.m. EDT this morning will not be present.

Couldn't find a problem with the temporary bad system but I only had one item fall off the map.
On the other hand, bags that have to be opened every time you switch characters is getting annoying.

I like the new UI for the Spec Nodes especially. The group finder is fine too, but the bug/feature that forces you to have have every hero at the specified level is irritating. (easy to get around if you know Than though) :D

Never was down leveled, but the system won't really work until myths and legendaries are balanced, since everyone at the cap wears at least half legendaries.

Didn't check the collision in the hub
Didn't have to manage heroes
Didn't see the update to the path indicators. I'll look for it when I am in next though.

Greystone looks about the same, what map is excavation site?

Level 14-20 range feels fine, greystone on lvl 14-20 seemed to be dropping really crappy gear though, maybe that is just me though.

The forge location in Nimbus reach is ok, but I would like it a bit more centered. The forge on Sewers is SUCH a pain though. Sewers and Nimbus reach both have mobs that jam in the doors. Sewers for the southeast entrance, and the left lane that leads to the secondary core on nimbus reach. The one the ogre doesn't come down.
Didn't notice the chest locations really.

Ogres are definitely easier to kill, they are scary though dps wise , so I would say this is an improvement.
Don't have a mage but the mana spec needed a slight nerf. Not sure about 50% though.
Powerful spears needed this nerf.
Mana feels as low as it always was.
I agree that it was confusing that fire damage was seemingly its own type of damage.

+1 for experience!
+1 for no coin sounds :)
Why does that short delay exist?]

Just wondering, why was the temp item bag even implemented? I was perfectly content with wyverns not dropping anything. It just seems like unnecessary complexion to me.

Just wondering, why was the temp item bag even implemented? I was perfectly content with wyverns not dropping anything. It just seems like unnecessary complexion to me.

The temp bag also fills up if your regular inventory is full, giving you the opportunity to pick up and use items beyond your current carrying capacity. The game will tell you when an item has been placed in the temp bag so you know to go back and clean out your inventory after the match. Also, sometimes enemies will fall off the map when you're using melee heroes or if you use an environmental trap (like the water valve on Siphon Site D).

I would just like to add 2 things...

#1 - Whatever the hell you guys did to the balance I am soooooooooooo happy right now!

I just SOLO leveled TWO characters from 1-7 today and it was a JOY. I was able to play one map once or twice then go to the next just like in DD1. Perfect! Hopefully this balance continues through all the stages. I will take them both to 25 and report back in a few days.

Admittedly, I was getting very frustrated with the game because it felt more like Orcs Must Die! 2 than it did Dungeon Defenders. I saw in the latest blog post that Trendy heard the criticism and agreed that Tower Defense should be more emphasized than it was in the last build. Well, I couldn't be happier to read that...this is a step in the right direction if you ask me! Always loved that DD1 was a TD with Action RPG elements. While I'm OK with more action I don't want to HAVE to run around like a freaking psycho lunatic the entire wave - too stressful.

#2 - Please, please, please consider giving us the option to select which loot light pillars we want to see! Just a bunch of boxes to check in the options menu would be fine.

Farming for Legendaries (example)

White
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Orange - Check

Just wanted to add that in addition to the above awesomeness I am really digging the new item "special stats". I wonder are you considering "set bonuses"? Not sure how we all feel about that but it would be interesting to talk about.

Anyway...here is the tool tip for the weapon I just picked up:

Reduce ability cooldown by 12.2%
Reduce ability cooldown by 10%

When I checked a wave later it had changed to only include 12.2% and (3) 10% line items.

Are these just tooltips for now or are parts of the above actually functional?

I just SOLO leveled TWO characters from 1-7 today and it was a JOY. I was able to play one map once or twice then go to the next just like in DD1. Perfect! Hopefully this balance continues through all the stages.

Not enough experience with the previous versions to say if there is a difference, but this is still definitely slower than DD1/DDE by some way. It doesn't have to be like DD1/DDE though as the Devs might have a different experience intended, but that moment I'm definitely finding myself having to replay maps more often to advance.

Admittedly, I was getting very frustrated with the game because it felt more like Orcs Must Die! 2 than it did Dungeon Defenders. I saw in the latest blog post that Trendy heard the criticism and agreed that Tower Defense should be more emphasized than it was in the last build. Well, I couldn't be happier to read that...this is a step in the right direction if you ask me! Always loved that DD1 was a TD with Action RPG elements. While I'm OK with more action I don't want to HAVE to run around like a freaking psycho lunatic the entire wave - too stressful.

I happen to quite like OMD/OMD2. However I must say that other than that the rest of the paragraph is something that rings extremely true for me too. I'm not an action fan ultimately; I don't want to see DD2 turn into a PvE MOBA type thing, and while not everyone might agree, I doubt I'm the only one. I think DD1/DDE appealed to a certain type of player that wouldn't necessarily be attracted to an action-oriented game.

It feels less like that now, but IMO anyway I would still prefer a shift towards more TD. Currently with what I think is level accurate characters with level appropriate gear, I'm still having to do an awful lot. It feels like my defending the crystal supported by random defences. As opposed to defences holding up lanes with the odd bit of support from me. If you're overlevelled for the content then it starts feeling like the latter, but not before.

I think DD1/DDE appealed to a certain type of player that wouldn't necessarily be attracted to an action-oriented game.

It feels less like that now, but IMO anyway I would still prefer a shift towards more TD. Currently with what I think is level accurate characters with level appropriate gear, I'm still having to do an awful lot. It feels like my defending the crystal supported by random defences. As opposed to defences holding up lanes with the odd bit of support from me. If you're overlevelled for the content then it starts feeling like the latter, but not before.

1) I like OMC2 also, I just like DD1 a whole lot more :)

2) Now that I've gone from 7-9 I have to say that I agree with your point about the game needing more balancing. Once you move from the 4-7 bracket to the 7-14 bracket it feels like a disaster again. Instead of an incremental increase in difficulty and the ability to play the new maps it goes right back into that 'panic mode' BS that was bugging me last week. These mobs just tear through the defenses and there isn't nearly enough mana or time to repair/upgrade. (Comments address solo only.)

3) Instead of continuing on with the progression speed and flow I had from 1-7, once I hit the 7-14 bracket things suddenly felt waaaaaaaaay too grindy. This was very disappointing, especially since Gates was the only map I could handle without getting destroyed. My view is that there should be a smooth progression curve not massive jumps in difficultly. New players might be especially turned off. I have no clue why anyone would think that someone new to Dungeon Defenders would enjoy being completely overwhelmed at a level where they are still learning how the game works.

4) I agreed with The latest blog post comments about replayability. The thing is, if you want people to replay the whole game then the first time around shouldn't be a grind fest filled with momentous struggle. It should be challenging at times for sure, but should flow smoothly. I think people would WANT to prestige their decks if the first play through was more fun then stress.

5) Seriously....F those Javelin mobs, lol. Range is completely unreasonable still.

[quote]Once you move from the 4-7 bracket to the 7-14 bracket it feels like a disaster again. Instead of an incremental increase in difficulty and the ability to play the new maps it goes right back into that 'panic mode' BS that was bugging me last week. These mobs just tear through the defenses and there isn't nearly enough mana or time to repair/upgrade. (Comments address solo only.)[/quote]
So far I can agree with that. Probably balance would feel better if the missing features were implemented, though:
- Shops are out of order.
- Items upgrade is useless. 2 stat points per level with all that shiny animation? Clicking twice with old system would be faster and clearer.
- Heroes get 1 stat point per level only. I hope it won't stay like that, as now leveling gives no benefit on its own.
- Pets are not there yet and there might be other bonuses planned.
Overall, it's impossible to tell the balance if half of the game is not done yet. We need to grind as there is not much else to do.

[quote]Seriously....F those Javelin mobs, lol. Range is completely unreasonable still.[/quote]
Yeah, mobs get quite some range and our towers can't reach them. The only way is to spam upgraded Balistas. They are not immediately available, so better delay ranged mobs or give early ones shorter range.
Are there any plans for range bonuses on items or something?

Are there any plans for range bonuses on items or something?

I have a bow on my huntress that increases the activation range for explosive traps, and a staff that increases the range of the serenity aura. I believe that they're going the direction of 'increase range of X defense by X percent'.