Squire Nerf Poll: Vote! Did they need to be Nerfed?

I can't believe this hasn't been put up yet. I'll try to word this as unbiased as possible (as I am majorly in favor of the changes myself).

Here are your options, and what they mean:

Yes - They were over powered. The game is now more balanced. Things are improving; heading in the right direction.

No - They were ok the way they were. They were not over powered. You were just a noob because you couldn't solo that map on insane with your squire (woops, bias).

Don't know - You don't know, you don't care, it doesn't matter to you, whatever!

So, most definitely the responses so far are majorly leaning towards 'yes' they needed a nice nerf. Exactly what I thought the response would be like.

as of this post 10/14 say yes. You should've included "needed more work" not incorporating a "yes they needed nerf" and "yes, but not that much". would help with sampling and getting better information over what people thought about squire nerf

as of this post 10/14 say yes. You should've included "needed more work" not incorporating a "yes they needed nerf" and "yes, but not that much". would help with sampling and getting better information over what people thought about squire nerf

This on so many levels, quit the squire trolling these threads are becoming redundant, and I am starting to think they only exist to piss of people who enjoy playing the squires, just drop it already because in the end of the day, we were right they nerfed them too hard and they're buffing squire's back up deal with it.

I bet those voting yes are App users.

You see what you guys at Trendy did when yous made other Squire clone? you get mix emotions!

joke aside: Huntress need some major nerf. Watching that Ez mode killing a room of mobs on insane is pretty ridiculous without having to repair, upgrade, or move around the map to strategically placing towers...

I'd actually have rather seen apps bumped up to squire levels. Since squires were fairly balanced vs huntress and monk went great with squire.

I'd actually have rather seen apps bumped up to squire levels. Since squires were fairly balanced vs huntress and monk went great with squire.
huh?

There is a big different between station defense/offensive like the squires and comparing to mobile big offense class like the ez mode huntress with no disavantage or what so ever.

In other word, squire towers are sitting duck.

No, he didn't need a nerf. He may have needed an adjustment but not one this large. Lowering the Damage? Ok that hurt but that's something that can be dealt with. Harpoon perice amount? OK I can see that, 12 is a good number. Nerf the attack rate? O_O ouch. Attack rate is everything in this game, more so with turrets that cause knockback. They keep the lines pushed back giving other classes time to adjust accordingly.

Huntress: Amazing Hero DPS, Cool.
Squire: Good hero DPS, Amazing crowd control rates and damage. (Well not anymore.)
Apprentice: Disgustingly fast attack rates, All but one tower does AOE. (they needed the buff last patch)
Monk: >.> I will feel they are lacking in the killing department, but I don't play one so I can't say. (Do they get some sort of assistance xp from a mob being kiled in their fields?)

You know what, give my another DPS nerf but give me back the awesome Attack Rates. :\

*shrug* its a team oriented game. It never struck me as one that was for soloing. So the nessecity of having a varied class team makes sense.

If you want a third person tower defense game you can solo Orcs Must die is right up your ally. Its also a great tower defense in the same vein but its geared towards solo play.

I expected a nerf, and they needed it. But the nerf they got was way too much. I was in favor of 25% MAX.

No should have had a difference answer explanation, you made your poll rather bias (and that coming from someone who voted yes, and I do play a squire). Instead it should have been No, they should have buffed other classes.

My dps squire runs around the room doing 'beeg deepees' and 1 shotting almost everything with each swing.

Never really had an issue with huntress dps, except vs bosses (they go way over 1 shotting, but once you hit that point its kind of pointless to boost it, cept vs bosses)

Meh. Just let me hold down attack so my hand doesn't cramp.

I firmly believe that their damage output should go down, but their tower health should go up. They failed to adequately increase the health of the squire's turrets in proportion to the decreased dps, and that is why squires are in such a bad state right now.

I firmly believe that their damage output should go down, but their tower health should go up. They failed to adequately increase the health of the squire's turrets in proportion to the decreased dps, and that is why squires are in such a bad state right now.

Get the best + tower HP items and weapons possible then max it out, and go build your barricades and go have fun on your 'tower tank' squire.

And only that squire.

Essentially if you destroy the dps ramp on all his towers there's no point into putting anything into his towers, snare auras do a better job of 'tanking' most of the time anyway.

I expected a nerf, and they needed it. But the nerf they got was way too much. I was in favor of 25% MAX.

I totally agree(squire is my main). They were OP but a 50% nerf to their harpoons and BB was far too much. Thankfully trendy is giving them a boost next patch but they will not be used as much as other classes towers methinks.

Oh lol why nerf again? My squire had:
~3200 dps with my harpoon in 7.05.
1700 dps in 7.06
and now he has 2032 dps
So nerf? Realy? In what way? Going back to 1700 dmg and total useless?

Dear squire haters your lovely app already OP so don't touch my squire anymore pls.