Sign in to follow this  
Walsh

Smash Discussion

Whether it be 64, Melee, Brawl or even mods for Brawl; discuss them here.

I have been playing a tonne of Project M recently, and it's insanely fun, even with the few pretty OP characters.

Wow I have never heard about project M before. I have to try it. I wish I had a WiiU to play the new SSB.

Wow I have never heard about project M before. I have to try it. I wish I had a WiiU to play the new SSB.

I bought mine recently just for SSB and MK8:)

I bought mine recently just for SSB and MK8:)

This and wind waker hd is the only reason why i want one.

Melee is my favorite, though I did enjoy the Subspace Emissary from Brawl. It was a nice distraction. My Wii U is ready for the new SSB. I go to the Miiverse every day to see Sakurai's pics of the day.

Melee is where it's at. The fact that Brawl has to be super heavily modded to be enjoyable kinda ruins it for me. Luigi for life.

Also, Nintendo is crushing my soul. They're my childhood heroes, and watching them show some of the stuff that they did at E3 (cough, Amiibo, cough) was pretty disappointing in my books.

Is this the start of becoming a cranky old man who constantly yearns for things of the past? Am I afflicted with humanitis, or is Nintendo actually going downhill?

Melee is where it's at. The fact that Brawl has to be super heavily modded to be enjoyable kinda ruins it for me. Luigi for life.

Also, Nintendo is crushing my soul. They're my childhood heroes, and watching them show some of the stuff that they did at E3 (cough, Amiibo, cough) was pretty disappointing in my books.

Is this the start of becoming a cranky old man who constantly yearns for things of the past? Am I afflicted with humanitis, or is Nintendo actually going downhill?

As long as Amiibo remains optional to the experience, there's nothing to worry about if you don't want to go down the collectible road. I'm curious to see how Amiibo plays out in the new Smash and if it's a fun experience.

I actually think it looks like it will be a nice idea. I don't remember all of the specifics, but I'm a sucker for progression and personalization, so I'll probably find it to be a worthy investment :thumbup:

They should rename melee super smash bros captain falcon because obviously captain falcon is the greatest character in the game. Brawl is good, but they made it so using the Wiimote was a pain. :( (I know you can use a GameCube controller but I just feel like they could've done a better job with the Wiimote)

Was anyone else sad that there's no ice climbers in the new game? It's sad that they didn't make it because of hardware issues. :( Here's hoping that they'll be in the Wii U version and are hopefully still the strongest.

Was anyone else sad that there's no ice climbers in the new game? It's sad that they didn't make it because of hardware issues. :( Here's hoping that they'll be in the Wii U version and are hopefully still the strongest.

No chain grabs pretty much makes IC much worse.

Yeah, chain grabs make the IC OP. If they didn't have it, they'd be useless. Always fun playing with people that thought ICs sucked and then winning by 10 points :D

If they didn't have it, they'd be useless.

That's not true. They can do a lot of damage quickly, because they're doing the dmg two characters would. They've also got a tech called desyncing which allows them to do two different attacks at the same time, or the same attack at different times. They are very offensive, and can force you to make a mistake and get grabbed (dead), or smash'd (~35% dmg) =D. They would be better than half the cast w/o their infinites, at least.

That's not true. They can do a lot of damage quickly, because they're doing the dmg two characters would. They've also got a tech called desyncing which allows them to do two different attacks at the same time, or the same attack at different times. They are very offensive, and can force you to make a mistake and get grabbed (dead), or smash'd (~35% dmg) =D. They would be better than half the cast w/o their infinites, at least.

The issue is if they don't have chain grab it's harder for them to do smash attacks. I find that a chain grab immediately followed by 2 smash attacks can usually do about 70-75% damage and the next grab can KO them. At least, that's my main strategy with them. I need to buy the 3DS or Wii U now because I really want the new one. :(

The issue is if they don't have chain grab it's harder for them to do smash attacks. I find that a chain grab immediately followed by 2 smash attacks can usually do about 70-75% damage and the next grab can KO them. At least, that's my main strategy with them. I need to buy the 3DS or Wii U now because I really want the new one. :(

In both melee and brawl, one grab = a kill if you don't drop the infinites, or trip (sakes brawl).

Anyone here have the demo? I've been playing it all weekend long. =] Mario, Villager, and Pikachu are so good x.x

All the demo characters feel really solid. Really happy with some of the buffs some characters got from Brawl too.

I love the 3DS demo so far. The only disappointing character is Mega Man. It's strange that you have to use a smash attack to charge his Buster Gun instead of holding down the button. But I guess that would make him too much like Samus.

I really love Link's running slash. It feels so good. He's probably going to be my main again. Here's hoping that Toon Link is just as fun as he was in Brawl/Melee.

Mario's 60% combo's/amazing aerials x.x

Pikachu's speed/combo/edge guard game x.x

Villager's off stage game/recovery/kill moves x.x (get someone off stage, and connect with a slingshot = death)

Can't wait to play some Bowser/shiek/pacman/fox/falco/marth/jigglypuff/little mac =D Gonna buy three copies on the 3rd. x)

Currently 32-1 in For Glory 1v1 :3

Loving Marth/Mario/Meta Knight/Bowser/Shiek, have to test some more characters. If anyone here has the game, do yous want to add me? I'll post my FC just as soon as I can.

1650-2628-3264

My main is jigglypuff, love her rest =]

Back ups are marth/dr. mario/bowser/meta knight

Her rest is so good compared to Brawl rest. She's my main too:]