The New Patch DD Celebration thread!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Nexus quote:

Since PC is getting some final love, it would be cool to see some sort of deal for DD console owners to defect to PC and  get a 30% off the PC version or something like that. Possibly done through authentication of Console account or something to that effect, since CDKeys aren't a thing on consoles, relatively speaking. 

Back to the topic, can't wait to see what is coming up! [[4019,hashtags]]!

If Console Players want a deal, check this out.  DD+DLC for $5 on humblebundlestore for a couple of days.  It's like humblebundle is celebrating the release of the patch too!!!

I don't mean to get everybody's hopes up, but it's a Sunday night before a national holiday tomorrow.  Pretty sure we're going to get the patch at some point tonight.  Confirmed, etc.

@Vetokend quote:

I don't mean to get everybody's hopes up, but it's a Sunday night before a national holiday tomorrow.  Pretty sure we're going to get the patch at some point tonight.  Confirmed, etc.

Yay Patch!!!  Although I doubt it will be on a holiday.  I love the enthusiasm though.

@curtisgk quote:

I have a feeling it will likely cause me to fail school

WHEEEEEEN WIIIIIIIL THEEEEEEEEEE PAAAAAATCH BEEEEEE REEEEEEEELEEEEEEEEEASED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'M RUNNING OUT OF PATIENCE!

Wednesday? Please? No later?

Today is the  26st. Flip 2 upside down you get 5 divide 6 by 2 you get 3 that means 53 news day confirmed. \o/

@Zularis quote:

Today is the  26st. Flip 2 upside down you get 5 divide 6 by 2 you get 3 that meanst 53 news day confirmed. \o/

Agreed!  Confirmed.

@Vetokend quote:

@Zularis quote:

Today is the  26st. Flip 2 upside down you get 5 divide 6 by 2 you get 3 that meanst 53 news day confirmed. \o/

Agreed!  Confirmed.

Thirded

Quorum achieved.

Clear your diaries, kiss goodbye to your loved ones (only for a week or so at first), drop 72 hours of food into the pet's bowl, double nappy (diaper for my American cousins) any messy children, buy older children a new computer game, give other dependents sufficient alcohol for a 48 hour bender, start coughing/complaining of a bad back at work - we are going to the moon tomorrow! The sky is no longer the limit - the moon is!

@mkjo quote:

@Vetokend quote:

@Zularis quote:

Agreed!  Confirmed.

Thirded

Quorum achieved.

Clear your diaries, kiss goodbye to your loved ones (only for a week or so at first), drop 72 hours of food into the pet's bowl, double nappy (diaper for my American cousins) any messy children, buy older children a new computer game, give other dependents sufficient alcohol for a 48 hour bender, start coughing/complaining of a bad back at work - we are going to the moon tomorrow! The sky is no longer the limit - the moon is!

I can see you have given this much thought.  :)  

BRING IT ON!!!

frnXxyM.gif

It's gotta be coming soon.  Sein, Veto and mkjo confirmed it.  Where is the celebration music hellfire?

@ddace quote:

It's gotta be coming soon.  Sein, Veto and mkjo confirmed it.  Where is the celebration music hellfire?

So do we know what quality of life changes and bug fixes there will be?

I hope they fix that you can only have 600M mana when you sell items to the shop. It is annoying and I never understood why the normal 2B cap doesn't apply like when you use mana tokens.

Something else I would like to see is to have a viable and legit method of getting Transcendent, Supreme and Ultimate gear. Right now everyone is exploiting the bugs of lab assault(Don't tell me they intended people to shoot at a wall with a BF sword and walk around at the edge of the map until all EV's jump off the cliff). Maybe they should just increase the spawn rate of said gear in survival maps after wave 25.

While they are at it they could fix Thinkerer's Lab and Lab assault. Both are full of bugs and just don't work very well.

Another thing I'd like to see is to get more characters when you rename an item. Right now it is 18 but equipment with regular names can have names far longer. I am looking at you 'Transcendent Enchanted Pristine Handguards Lvl 237' 50 characters in total.

@Navidon quote:

I hope they fix that you can only have 600M mana when you sell items to the shop. It is annoying and I never understood why the normal 2B cap doesn't apply like when you use mana tokens.

Something else I would like to see is to have a viable and legit method of getting Transcendent, Supreme and Ultimate gear. Right now everyone is exploiting the bugs of lab assault(Don't tell me they intended people to shoot at a wall with a BF sword and walk around at the edge of the map until all EV's jump off the cliff). Maybe they should just increase the spawn rate of said gear in survival maps after wave 25.

While they are at it they could fix Thinkerer's Lab and Lab assault. Both are full of bugs and just don't work very well.

Another thing I'd like to see is to get more characters when you rename an item. Right now it is 18 but equipment with regular names can have names far longer. I am looking at you 'Transcendent Enchanted Pristine Handguards Lvl 237' 50 characters in total.

The changes will be posted I am sure when they announce it is ready.  Hopefully we see that today.  It is wednesday and they have made other announcements on previous Wednesdays.

Yes lab assault is used by many but survivals have not been abandoned.  Survivals are still run by many though too as you cannot get certain gear without running them.  Lab has its limitations.

Did I mention my birthday is tomorrow?  This works out perfectly.  If the news / test branch is released today, that gives me a full day to ascend to Super Saiyan SC2 (soccer coach... 2!!), pass out from fatigue afterwards, and wake up on the next day to enjoy the goods.

Hashtag.  Just.  Sayin'.

@ddace quote:

@Navidon quote:

The changes will be posted I am sure when they announce it is ready.  Hopefully we see that today.  It is wednesday and they have made other announcements on previous Wednesdays.

Yes lab assault is used by many but survivals have not been abandoned.  Survivals are still run by many though too as you cannot get certain gear without running them.  Lab has its limitations.

Of course there are survival rewards. But supreme and Ultimate armor hasn't dropped for me yet on anything but Lab Assault. Recently I completed Aquanos survival and I got 1 supreme weapon and 2 ultimates. And I got 1 supreme and 1 ultimate more on Sky City wave 15-25. Among those were a few more Trans of which only 1 of them was armor. The armor from Lab assault is just far better than the other ways to get armor. And that would be OK I guess because completing Lab Assault legit without a BF drill and without having the EV's jump off the cliff is extremely hard.

If you want to farm good Armor you should have only summoners active in your survival runs. That way only Armor will drop. I have run many Lab Assaults, but never gotten any good armor from there, but i get at least 1 supreme every run of KingsGame survival. Sure it takes much longer, but i don't like running Lab all day..

Statistically lab is simply the best way to get armor.

In general, you get

• 1 supreme every ~8-10 runs
  • 1 ultimate every 20 runs
if 1 run takes ~4 minutes, that means it takes 40 minutes to get a supreme compared to KG's 1.5 hr survivals. (depending on when you start ofc)

In 1.5 hours you can do ~22 lab runs, which means you should be getting at least 2 supreme and 1 ult in the same length of time, assuming RNG doesn't hate you.

However, most here will agree that running lab all day is not fun.

I haven't had that much luck in lab that you have had. Although I do think it is faster and easier to do than survivals. This has made progression easier for many. So instead of removing lab as an option in its current state I would rather find a way to make survivals more rewarding. 

But that is just one opinion. 

@Caimen0 quote:However, most here will agree that running lab all day is not fun.

Caimen, I believe you have never been more wrong before. Running lab run is the best. After about 4-5 hours of running in a row, you become insane and it's a lot of fun for the rest of the day.

Noon EST, Trendy.

Patch?

:D

Edit: Curtis is clinically insane. Don't listen to him.

We are all insane for liking/loving this game so much.  :)

BRING ON THE PATCH!!!

For me, Steam disconnects (mainly) and other commitments mean, for now, lab >> survivals.

@ddace quote:

I haven't had that much luck in lab that you have had. Although I do think it is faster and easier to do than survivals. This has made progression easier for many. So instead of removing lab as an option in its current state I would rather find a way to make survivals more rewarding. 

Given the vocal, and understandable, requests not to nerf lab, I believe this is the best option. Boosting survivals to match or exceed lab rewards seems to be the best way forward.  This way lab runners can still sell their valuable service and others can choose survivals or lab as is their preference.

However, unless Steam d/cs are addressed this would probably  still leave me choosing lab.

Oh, and yes, where de patch at?

@mkjo quote:

For me, Steam disconnects (mainly) and other commitments mean, for now, lab >> survivals.

@ddace quote:

Given the vocal, and understandable, requests not to nerf lab, I believe this is the best option. Boosting survivals to match or exceed lab rewards seems to be the best way forward.  This way lab runners can still sell their valuable service and others can choose survivals or lab as is their preference.

However, unless Steam d/cs are addressed this would probably  still leave me choosing lab.

Oh, and yes, where de patch at?

If people want to run Lab Assault without taking advantage of the EVs jumping, that is still definitely an option.  It would be hard to justify nerfing lab after people have been farming it for almost 2 yrs.  Currently it isnt game breaking either since it still takes people a while progress event with lab.  

If anything I would say accs are the biggest advantage lab has over other maps.  You just cant get them as good anywhere else.  I would be all for bumping the accs on other maps to make them more rewarding.