The New Patch DD Celebration thread!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steam and humble bundle are having nice sales on many games.  I keep hoping to find Moonbase DLC among them at some point.  

Fact 1:  So many people buy DD1 when it goes on sale on steam to play it for the first time.  So much so that the last sale shot the number of players online up to 1700+ according to steam charts.  

Fact 2:  There is a large number of veteran players, who love DD1, that would love to see a new DLC released for it and relive the adventure once again.

Question:  How much cash flow is Trendy missing out on from new and old players by not releasing moonbase and continuing to support DD1?

[[48136,users]]

I agree, I think if they were to have stayed with DD, and thrown out the DDE idea, they could still be milking it for $$$, they could be using that to fund DD2, I would totally buy DLC after DLC for DD1, I love it!

I personally passed on DDE and DD2, I may play DD2, if it's ever officially released. I'm hoping Trendy will see the error of their ways, and revisit the discussion of patching DD1, and releasing DLCs, with all the new players joining the fold, it wouldn't be a bad idea, but I feel that ship has sailed. :(

I think the issue with moonbase is that there are too few of us that are vocal. Most of this thread is comprised of about 10 people maybe. If more people would show support for Moonbase, we might be able to get a DLC release for it. I personally don't mind having to play it in open, though I would much prefer to play in ranked.

[[61700,users]] quote:

I think the issue with moonbase is that there are too few of us that are vocal. Most of this thread is comprised of about 10 people maybe. If more people would show support for Moonbase, we might be able to get a DLC release for it. I personally don't mind having to play it in open, though I would much prefer to play in ranked.

The story I heard about moonbase and its original planned release is sad.  I hope though that they will see that whatever decisions they made previously about it will be changed.  While we are the only vocal ones currently, there are many more who would love to have it.

[[27182,users]] quote:

ddace

I agree, I think if they were to have stayed with DD, and thrown out the DDE idea, they could still be milking it for $$$, they could be using that to fund DD2, I would totally buy DLC after DLC for DD1, I love it!

I personally passed on DDE and DD2, I may play DD2, if it's ever officially released. I'm hoping Trendy will see the error of their ways, and revisit the discussion of patching DD1, and releasing DLCs, with all the new players joining the fold, it wouldn't be a bad idea, but I feel that ship has sailed. :(

Definitely agree.  DD2 is at least not pretending to be the great game we have come to love so it definitely has a future, just as a different game.  DDE may have improved the DD1 experience for some but not for many it seems by looking at the steam charts.  i know they are continuing to fix bugs and add content but design decisions that were made just ruin it for me and others.

So patching DD1 would be great but I would say that it needs to be a small subset of what was previously asked for so it wouldnt end up ruining DD1 as well.  Additional content would be awesome.

Perhaps you dont want to hold your breath, but you definitely dont want to give up hope.  :)  Maybe once DD2 is released they will have someone freed up to add the small code fixes I pointed out previously as well as a couple others.

[[48136,users]] quote:

curtisgk quote:

The story I heard about moonbase and its original planned release is sad.  I hope though that they will see that whatever decisions they made previously about it will be changed.  While we are the only vocal ones currently, there are many more who would love to have it.

Definitely sad that they never released it even though it was supposed to be released. I've met quite a few people that want it, but they aren't as vocal about it as we are. At least it made it into DD:E, though I wish they would release it for DD1. *pulls out credit card and shoves it into Trendy's face*

[[61700,users]] quote:

To your point, it should be in Ranked.  That is what the contest was for.  That is why many are upset about it.  There was a contest and Trendy did not follow the rules they set out.  They are in breach of contract with us.  Or just breach of trust.  I havent asked a lawyer to see if they are actually obligated to release it since it was part of a contest.  Still, would be nice to just see them do it because they decided to listen to its player base.  

ddace quote

To your point, it should be in Ranked.  That is what the contest was for.  That is why many are upset about it.  There was a contest and Trendy did not follow the rules they set out.  

This 100%

All are willing to pay for Moonbase, what does Trendy have to lose. Yeah only about 10 are posting here, however im pretty sure Trendy can read Steam charts too and see the higher numbers, not only 10 people are going to throw money at them for Moonbase, inactive bored of current maps players might buy it too. Map is already made, somehow i fail to see the negative side that makes Trendy go, naah not gonna release it....

Moonbase ranked 2014 christmas surprise for the loyal DD fanbase, make it happen ! ;)

Many still await the promised moonbase.

I would love to see the the following easy fixes as mentioned previously
- Mana bank holding more than 600mil
- increase in inventory
- different character besides app assigned to Jester in CD to avoid mana bomb glitch.  (preferably random char with app excluded)
- ability to create 2billion mana tokens.  (Not sure how easy this one is yet actually since I havent been able to dig through DDDK lately)

Interesting Fact about Jester in CD:  The jester unlocks the App skin in CD and causes the App anti hero to spawn.  However it receives a random weapon as a reward, which is fun, when killing the Old One but the E-staff is not one of the possibilities.  

bump for the new post'ers and and for all those who want moonbase.  let trendy know how many ppl want this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[[48136,users]] quote:

Interesting Fact about Jester in CD:  The jester unlocks the App skin in CD and causes the App anti hero to spawn.  However it receives a random weapon as a reward, which is fun, when killing the Old One but the E-staff is not one of the possibilities.  

Think its best that way unless the estaff gets a nice boost in dmg to make it less useless (wink wink)

Every day I'm looking through forums in hope for some DD1 update or even some Moonbase love, yet so far only disappointment.

Wow...it's been that long since an update. That's like....before I left a year ago, haha.

https://www.change.org/p/dungeon-defenders-trendy-patch-update-dungeon-defenders?just_created=true

It's worth a shot people.

Hopefully it helps, it's nice to see how much people actually want this too.  We need to get this petition out their however not sure how though.

Might send Trendy a little email too about this petition and get estimated numbers needed.