The New Patch DD Celebration thread!

Final post on here for the next couple months. I take my leave tomorrow so you kiddies play nice now :) Hope I still have the DD love when I get back!

:crystal:Long Live Etheria:crystal:

See you in a couple of months and have fun and good luck. :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final post on here for the next couple months. I take my leave tomorrow so you kiddies play nice now :) Hope I still have the DD love when I get back!

:crystal:Long Live Etheria:crystal:

take care of urself bro. good luck!
bye djrandyran bump!

I would like the rebound buttons to actualy remap themselve on the ui aswel.

And to note, i went to dd1 from dde because of the broken difficulty and loot in dde that was just making the game boring.

I would like the rebound buttons to actualy remap themselve on the ui aswel.

And to note, i went to dd1 from dde because of the broken difficulty and loot in dde that was just making the game boring.

I used to think an RNG fix for dd1 would be a good thing. After seeing how DDE has played out I am very much satisfied with DD1 RNG. The really nice rewards are few and far between. So I have plenty to farm for still and can continue to enjoy the game.

I understand if some may like it to be shorter though.

CU2 is why I just installed DD1 again.

Coming back to DD1 after playing DDE, you forget how smooth and responsive DD1 was, sure DDE has a few nice new things, but it's possibly lost more than it's gained, especially with lag issues. Atm I think I'd happily pay $20 for DD1 to get patched >.>

DD1 is still a pleasure to play and Sanghelios' maps are nice fresh new content.

I think so many of us would happily have paid to patch DD1.

I still hope that this could be put on the table at some (not so distant) point

I used to think an RNG fix for dd1 would be a good thing. After seeing how DDE has played out I am very much satisfied with DD1 RNG. The really nice rewards are few and far between. So I have plenty to farm for still and can continue to enjoy the game.

I understand if some may like it to be shorter though.

RNG is RNG and will always be a source of frustration an joy.

I am sure one can gear up as quickly in DD1 (lab) as in DDE.

There are plenty of hard to things farm in DDE (great tower fairy) and, like in DD1, you never NEED them, you just WANT them.

*still regrets my abject failure to farm Ult monkey*

RNG is RNG and will always be a source of frustration an joy.

I am sure one can gear up as quickly in DD1 (lab) as in DDE.

There are plenty of hard to things farm in DDE (great tower fairy) and, like in DD1, you never NEED them, you just WANT them.

*still regrets my abject failure to farm Ult monkey*

People can gear up in lab sure but that is one map and it still only produces really good items on occasion. Lab gets rolled over pretty good a lot of the times. You find great item on every map in DDE. If the maps in DDE were just like lab, then maybe it would have more replay value. You still get good items but not as many then.

Also remember that you are probably running with 4+ chars in there whereas in DDE you only have 1. If you compared gear of 1 char in DD1 in lab to 1 char in DDE, you will gear up so much faster in DDE.

Also remember that you are probably running with 4+ chars in there whereas in DDE you only have 1. If you compared gear of 1 char in DD1 in lab to 1 char in DDE, you will gear up so much faster in DDE.

True, but who does that :squire:

Probably only those that don't know about emulators. However it still shows the huge difference in how much nicer the RNG is on DDE as opposed to DD1.

I remember some complaining how easy it was to get gear in lab and that it ruined the game. DDE does that even more so for them I bet.

Probably only those that don't know about emulators. However it still shows the huge difference in how much nicer the RNG is on DDE as opposed to DD1.

I remember some complaining how easy it was to get gear in lab and that it ruined the game. DDE does that even more so for them I bet.

I think one of the reasons why it became so easy to farm lab and gear up is the bf drill. In my opinion you actually deserve good loots after beating it without a drill. The high success rate would fall.

I think one of the reasons why it became so easy to farm lab and gear up is the bf drill. In my opinion you actually deserve good loots after beating it without a drill. The high success rate would fall.

It's still relatively easy to beat it without the BF Drill. I've seen quite a few people use the barbarian. BF Drill is just the faster/easier method.

whats the point in the rng anymore when the majority of people just hack gear now??

yup...i havent replied to threads quoting post

whats the point in the rng anymore when the majority of people just hack gear now??

yup...i havent replied to threads quoting post

There are still quite a few of us out there that won't use hacked gear. Most people only use hacked event items now. Always a good laugh when someone tries to claim an incorrect event item is legit :)

I dont buy impossible gear so I still have to farm it. I am on the hunt for a few things still as they are so hard to get. hackers are easy enough to avoid. DDE had people you had to avoid as well. Playing with friends on either game is the best way to enjoy a game in my opinion.

Great to see that many people still in hope for updated DD1. I know I'm not much to see, but I do REALLY enjoy this amazing game, great community and overall entertainment even after hundreds very well spend hours. That being said, I'm joining this "train of hope" for updated DD1 with new Ranked contest as promised by Trendy.
Also free bump.

I used to do that, I played on a 13" mac pro, caused way too lag and I could barely see anything split screen. It was horrible.

In this case i can actualy see it the other way around.

In a game where gear cant be hacked people are focused very much on just getting that gear into a state they dont even care about playing anymore. Those who want to have fun dont realy care about the gear as eventualy you get good enough gear anyway. Someone who gets stuck can still get that extremely good gear easily and at least proceed at having fun rather than having the frustation of getting stuck.

It allows the game to be harder without adding any frustation. I wouldnt use any of that gear myself (as i prefer to have a chalenge in which losing is still common).

In DDE the only thing i see people do is embermount or citc. Just because they want to have the best gear. They dont even need any of that gear to begin with. They just want to have it for showoff reasons... In DD1 i wish them good luck as they realy cant show off anything.

People should just play the game, and in dd1 you can do that alot better with alot more fun.

Best of all, hackers are easy to avoid. Either you see a hacked game and you just leave. Or if you have a lobby and a hacker joined: kick them. They might make it easier for you to finish 1 wave. But on a survival you would be a poor person at detecting hackers if he managed to help at 5 waves. Hackers in this game have a far lower effect than an FPS game.

And in my case i havent had a game yet with a hacker. Maybe some hacked gear... but even that i didnt notice yet (only level 78 though where i have been boosting it up to level 70 so might not have seen alot). But my experience has been alot better than DDE where they realy destroyed it with the devine and corrupt gear.

I used to do that, I played on a 13" mac pro, caused way too lag and I could barely see anything split screen. It was horrible.

I use my 13" MacBook pro with 4 people. Screen size is like a couple of inches per character but it's worth it for the extra loot. :D

I use my 13" MacBook pro with 4 people. Screen size is like a couple of inches per character but it's worth it for the extra loot. :D

The game was horrible to play with my MacBook. It crashed even in survivals on middle^^

For this reason I stopped playing dd and came back a year ago when I bought a new pc. I didn't expect to make such a big progress in this short amount of time :D

The game was horrible to play with my MacBook. It crashed even in survivals on middle^^

For this reason I stopped playing dd and came back a year ago when I bought a new pc. I didn't expect to make such a big progress in this short amount of time :D

It works better when you bootcamp windows. I play on medium graphics and 720p but I have the late 2013 model. On OSX I can't even play low settings haha.

nothing would make me sleep better than knowing the apps in cd were either removed or mana bomb removed bump.

nothing would make me sleep better than knowing the apps in cd were either removed or mana bomb removed bump.

I haven't done CD in a very very very long time, what's wrong with the app?