The New Patch DD Celebration thread!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

y are you jealous. u know its your bro. ill start working on that when i get some time later today. love farming gears for good bros bump. everything is awesome when ur part of a team bump.

It was awesome getting to use my new crystal blades last night on a WW run that Zularis built. Thanks to rcdm and Zularis my crystal blade barb got some good exercise in.

Not a very nice spoiler in your sig though rc. Myth for life.

I feel sad actually. I had high hopes originally for it.i thought that they took our suggestions for DD1 final patch thread and implemented them in DDE. The fixed the hacking part but the rest of the game is nothing like DD or what we asked for while removing other things we liked.

In the end we don't have our final update to DD1 and no Moonbase as promised. Just a tease.

Oh well. Will just keep play DD1 and enjoying it. Seems like others are too since it has consistently had 2x the amount of players that DDE has according to steam. Even after CU2, which should have brought some DDE players back, DDE just can't compete against DD1.

Oh well. Will just keep play DD1 and enjoying it. Seems like others are too since it has consistently had 2x the amount of players that DDE has according to steam. Even after CU2, which should have brought some DDE players back, DDE just can't compete against DD1.

CU2 is why I just installed DD1 again.

Coming back to DD1 after playing DDE, you forget how smooth and responsive DD1 was, sure DDE has a few nice new things, but it's possibly lost more than it's gained, especially with lag issues. Atm I think I'd happily pay $20 for DD1 to get patched >.>

Coming back to DD1 after playing DDE, you forget how smooth and responsive DD1 was, sure DDE has a few nice new things, but it's possibly lost more than it's gained, especially with lag issues. Atm I think I'd happily pay $20 for DD1 to get patched >.>

Amen to that. Looking forward to see all the people coming back on. Jump in the freeruns group if want people to play with, want to help others or need something yourself.

DD kicks dde in an unmentionable place :) To all those that strayed from DD, DD forgives you and welcomes you back with open arms. Long live the real "Definitive" Dungeon Defenders experience.

let's-not-forget-the devs-are-fellow-gamers-and-humans-and-actually-care-about-making-DDE-good-and-are-genuinely-invested-in satisfying-their-playerbase-bump

I'm all for encouraging the developers to reconsider patching DD1 as promised. I think it would be more productive to keep that as the focus of this thread, rather than sitting around bashing Nom Nom's current project.

music to my ears bump. y does trendy not wanna make money bump as well.

let's-not-forget-the devs-are-fellow-gamers-and-humans-and-actually-care-about-making-DDE-good-and-are-genuinely-invested-in satisfying-their-playerbase-bump

I'm all for encouraging the developers to reconsider patching DD1 as promised. I think it would be more productive to keep that as the focus of this thread, rather than sitting around bashing Nom Nom's current project.

I don't think it is about bashing developers. I doubt they were involved in the decisions the are what actually ruined that game for me. No shots per second, no projectile speed, no pause, no kick, removing boss rewards, challenge rewards and farming specific maps for pets are design decisions. The design is more of what I have a problem with really. DD1 just suits my game play so much better.

I noticed that too. DD1 is 100x smoother. When I am in any menu in DDE my cursor is so laggy and unresponsive you'd think I was drunk.

I don't think it is about bashing developers. It doubt they were involved in the decisions the are what actually ruined that game for me. No shots per second, no projectile speed, no pause, no kick, removing boss rewards, challenge rewards and farming specific maps for pets are design decisions. The design is more of what I have a problem with really. DD1 just suits my game play so much better.

"bashing Nom Nom's current project"

dde really sucks bump

Bump because DD1 had pretty much 100% more players all throughout the weekend than DDE.

The players know the "REAL" Definitive version bump :)

DD kicks dde in an unmentionable place :) To all those that strayed from DD, DD forgives you and welcomes you back with open arms. Long live the real "Definitive" Dungeon Defenders experience.

I'm not trying to get into a fight with you guys. You're nice dudes, and you've got some fair points about the game. I'm only advocating more focus on your request for DD1 updates and less on the "haha look at DDE failing" comments. I agree that the first game is superior in numerous ways, but repeating it dozens of times gets a wee bit repetitive and is likely discouraging for the devs.

Again, I'm not trying to start any fights here. I just wanted to offer those thoughts for consideration.

Final post on here for the next couple months. I take my leave tomorrow so you kiddies play nice now :) Hope I still have the DD love when I get back!

:crystal:Long Live Etheria:crystal:

"bashing Nom Nom's current project"

Fair enough. My comments were meant to bash the project but to show how worthy of a game DD1 is from a players perspective is to get an update from Trendy seeing as it is more popular. But I can see how it can be read the other way.

Hellfire definitely has no love for that game and it just comes out sometimes.

I'm not trying to get into a fight with you guys. You're nice dudes, and you've got some fair points about the game. I'm only advocating more focus on your request for DD1 updates and less on the "haha look at DDE failing" comments. I agree that the first game is superior in numerous ways, but repeating it dozens of times gets a wee bit repetitive and is likely discouraging for the devs.

Again, I'm not trying to start any fights here. I just wanted to offer those thoughts for consideration.

I would think Nom Nom devs would stick to the DDE section and that this section is more for Trendy devs. It is open to all though I suppose and they are likely to come across it at some point.

I will say it is hard not bring it up. Trendy has published DDE and dropped support for DD1 because of it, at least that is how it looks. So pointing out that many players would rather play DD1 than DDE is relevant to the thread. But again I can see your point about it being read as bashing Nom Nom's project.

I do hope that DDE fits for some people. It is a completely different type of play and not everyone likes the same type of game play I do. So I have no doubt it has its place and I hope the devs dont read my posts and think they are doing a terrible job.

DD1 suits me and others better is all and so we feel Trendy is missing a great opportunity by ignoring a larger base asking for them to update it. I know Nom Nom devs are actively trying to support their base. So kudos to them. We would like to see the same love given to DD1 is all from Trendy.

Final post on here for the next couple months. I take my leave tomorrow so you kiddies play nice now :) Hope I still have the DD love when I get back!

:crystal:Long Live Etheria:crystal:

Good bye, friend. =] <3