The New Patch DD Celebration thread!

I don't really get why increasing item box would matter for much. With the ability to hold way over the item box cap, there doesn't seem to be much limitation on how much you can actually store in your account. I have had over 3k items before at once from running lab.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really get why increasing item box would matter for much. With the ability to hold way over the item box cap, there doesn't seem to be much limitation on how much you can actually store in your account. I have had over 3k items before at once from running lab.

It is annoying when you can't move stuff in and out of the box because of the item limit. Sure people will still hit the cap but it would definitely be easier to manage with a higher cap.

It is annoying when you can't move stuff in and out of the box because of the item limit. Sure people will still hit the cap but it would definitely be easier to manage with a higher cap.

I do agree with that annoyance. That's why I'm saying that if we are able to hold such a large amount of items we should be able to manage them all

It should be possible to create mana tokens with a full itembox at least.

I will look at the code and see if I can find a way to do that.

It should be possible to create mana tokens with a full itembox at least.

Yes definitely. I hate wasting all that mana haha

Yes definitely. I hate wasting all that mana haha

I am sure hellfire does too. I am guessing that it would just be a matter of removing an item box full check when creating a token.

So unfortunately that just brings us back to poor coding. DDace looks to have done quite a bit of testing for mana cap, item cap and hasn't run into any issues of recent.

The only reason that I can see why they would cap mana capacity to 2bil is if the game is 32bit based. Then the value can't go over 2.14 (something something) bil. So that makes sense that 2bil was the limit for mana capacity. The cap for token being 1bil doesn't make sense though nor does the item space. As for DD:E, I don't think anyone has reached close to 2bil in pure gold yet but if someone has we'll see what happens when they reach that 2.14xxxxxx bil, that is assuming DD:E is also a 32bit program.

And in the spirit of the original thread - I recently got back into playing the game and tried a bunch of custom workshop maps. It would be really nice to see MB added in a future update.

Edit : max value is 2,147,483,647 for 32bit progs.

I believe the limit is 4 billion if you use unsigned integer.

I believe the limit is 4 billion if you use unsigned integer.

True, but in programming classes, you're taught to never use unsigned unless absolutely necessary because then getting a negative value will screw up the program. I really need to download the DDDK again so I can see the code because I am curious if it's unsigned

104/104 (thanks to hellfire and acen) bump

Was fun. May have to run again tonight and invite some people for the achievement. :)

Was fun. May have to run again tonight and invite some people for the achievement. :)

I go to bed and you guys have all the fun.

We have now reached 650 thumbs up on this thread.... if that isnt some kinda forum record than i dont know what is.

Glad to see you guys got GTH wish I could have been on longer

I still need that achievement also, maybe this weekend. IF you guys are not bored of some DD1 and can help me out ;)

I still need that achievement also, maybe this weekend. IF you guys are not bored of some DD1 and can help me out ;)

We can probably take you through it as long as I can convince Harry to run it again. :)

We can probably take you through it as long as I can convince Harry to run it again. :)

was afraid of that....

was afraid of that....

Well it is because of you we started doing it. You shouldnt be so good at this game.