The New Patch DD Celebration thread!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vacation is over bump :(

Unfortunate news this is :( Mine ended recently as well I feel your pain.

Unfortunate news this is :( Mine ended recently as well I feel your pain.

same here. bump for working hard and playing harder!

Almost lunch time bump :)

PS ty DJ, got a not bad glad, neg health and knock-back though, grrrr RNG, 627 hero attack though, and 167 ups IIRC? Need another for my barb now :)

In class, no idea what's going on so just looking through forums bump

DunDefHeroManager.uc
//Increase Item inventory to 800 or 1000
//line 15 in DDDK files for me

const MAX_ITEM_BOX_EQUIPMENT_ULTIMATE = 1000

//Increase Mana bank limit when selling items from 600 million to 2 billion
//line 19 in DDDK files for me

const MAX_BANKED_MANA = 2000000000;

There's a warning above it that it could crash the auto save creator. 600mil might have been the largest they could get without crashing it. I've seen friends have to redo entire parts of programs to change values so 600mil is probably the best we'll get.

In class, no idea what's going on so just looking through forums bump

There's a warning above it that it could crash the auto save creator. 600mil might have been the largest they could get without crashing it. I've seen friends have to redo entire parts of programs to change values so 600mil is probably the best we'll get.

There could always be something that doesn't like the changes which is why it would require a little testing before full implementation.

However, you can currently sell two 1bil mana tokens and get up to 2bil in you mana bank. This gets autosaved. I haven't seen a problem with it yet.

The same goes for item inventory space. It could create a little more stress on the servers saving so much. However, lab runs already filling people's boxes over 1k, 2k or more which means that it is already dealing with this.

The change in mana bank size and inventory space should just make things more manageable for the players and not change much if any for Trendy.

There could always be something that doesn't like the changes which is why it would require a little testing before full implementation.

However, you can currently sell two 1bil mana tokens and get up to 2bil in you mana bank. This gets autosaved. I haven't seen a problem with it yet.

The same goes for item inventory space. It could create a little more stress on the servers saving so much. However, lab runs already filling people's boxes over 1k, 2k or more which means that it is already dealing with this.

The change in mana bank size and inventory space should just make things more manageable for the players and not change much if any for Trendy.

I think the tokens work because of the properties of them specifically which is why you can only sell past 600mil with tokens (or cubes like I sadly found out). As far as items, I think the limit is there because there might be issues when a player "creates" an item. The game can create and place items in the inventory with no limit but there might be a conflict when players manually pick up or create tokens. Or it's a giant plot by Trendy to dissuade us from hoarding and lab assaults. I would love it though if they could up the limits though. It's really annoying having to sell off 3k items before you can pick up more items or start to make tokens.

just another way that lab assault broke this game. if they where to just greatly nerf lab assault rewards... these problems would not be as big as an issue...

just another way that lab assault broke this game. if they where to just greatly nerf lab assault rewards... these problems would not be as big as an issue...

I had issues before lab assault came out. It just adds to it.

If you look at DDE, these limitations arent in place. You can have 1k items and "unlimited" gold, not sure what its limit is. So while you cant get loot from running lab assault in DDE like in DD1, they still increased the limit by so much over DD1. So why not not do it in DD1 if you can.

I had issues before lab assault came out. It just adds to it.

If you look at DDE, these limitations arent in place. You can have 1k items and "unlimited" gold, not sure what its limit is. So while you cant get loot from running lab assault in DDE like in DD1, they still increased the limit by so much over DD1. So why not not do it in DD1 if you can.

DDE is a completely different game so a limitation on DD1 wouldn't necessarily apply to DDE.

DDE is a completely different game so a limitation on DD1 wouldn't necessarily apply to DDE.

I think logically it doesn't make sense cause it's using the same engine. If DD:E wasn't based off of UE and it was using some other engine I could understand but at this point since they're both using the same game engine I wouldn't see why one has a limitation and one doesn't.

I think logically it doesn't make sense cause it's using the same engine. If DD:E wasn't based off of UE and it was using some other engine I could understand but at this point since they're both using the same game engine I wouldn't see why one has a limitation and one doesn't.

I agree it is a different game. However as q3railgun mentions, it uses the same engine. The limitation is based in code. I have made these changes and implemented into the mod I run. So far I have not seen any problems with them.

It might not be the engine. When you develop a program, you set parameters and limitations, then build the program assuming those parameters stay true. The big design flaw is the cap though they might not have expected to update past the original game and couldn't foresee people having 1k+ items

It might not be the engine. When you develop a program, you set parameters and limitations, then build the program assuming those parameters stay true. The big design flaw is the cap though they might not have expected to update past the original game and couldn't foresee people having 1k+ items

I agree they probably didnt expect that since they have bumped it a couple of times since the game released. However the game can support it. Nothing changes except whether you can actively add something to inventory at a certain amount or not. The game can continue to dump items in past the active limit. So if it was the amount of items that was a problem it will occur whether we can actively add items or not.

So unfortunately that just brings us back to poor coding. DDace looks to have done quite a bit of testing for mana cap, item cap and hasn't run into any issues of recent.

The only reason that I can see why they would cap mana capacity to 2bil is if the game is 32bit based. Then the value can't go over 2.14 (something something) bil. So that makes sense that 2bil was the limit for mana capacity. The cap for token being 1bil doesn't make sense though nor does the item space. As for DD:E, I don't think anyone has reached close to 2bil in pure gold yet but if someone has we'll see what happens when they reach that 2.14xxxxxx bil, that is assuming DD:E is also a 32bit program.

And in the spirit of the original thread - I recently got back into playing the game and tried a bunch of custom workshop maps. It would be really nice to see MB added in a future update.

Edit : max value is 2,147,483,647 for 32bit progs.

So unfortunately that just brings us back to poor coding. DDace looks to have done quite a bit of testing for mana cap, item cap and hasn't run into any issues of recent.

The only reason that I can see why they would cap mana capacity to 2bil is if the game is 32bit based. Then the value can't go over 2.14 (something something) bil. So that makes sense that 2bil was the limit for mana capacity. The cap for token being 1bil doesn't make sense though nor does the item space. As for DD:E, I don't think anyone has reached close to 2bil in pure gold yet but if someone has we'll see what happens when they reach that 2.14xxxxxx bil, that is assuming DD:E is also a 32bit program.

The cap is definitely stuck at 2bil. It would be nice if we can make the token that big too.

As for DDE, I think they changed the code for gold, but perhaps not. Upgrades cost much less and to get to 2bil would be insane. Time will tell on that one.

The cap is definitely stuck at 2bil. It would be nice if we can make the token that big too.

I'm pretty sure it's 32bit so the limit would be 2,147...... the devs most likely made a choice to limit it to 1bil so the game doesn't have oddly valued tokens. As far as gear limit goes, 320 might have been the highest they could go having players pick up stuff without glitches. Even 1 glitch would cause them to lower it to make sure no one has issues (though now we have the issue if having too much crap). It must secretly be a plot for people to buy more copies of the game to have extra storage. At least they let us use our shops and the ground for double space.

If there was a glitch then they would limit the number of items stored in your box to 320 instead of letting it add past the cap.

It might be to not have people lose items because of a full inventory. Making sure people get gear is a higher priority to small glitches but they still have to be conscious of glitches. I wish a dev could come here and explain the caps. :D

Dec to Binary
2b = 1110111001101011001010000000000
9b = 1000011000011100010001101000000000

Changing mana cap from 2b to 9b would take very little memory
Increasing box space would add alot of memory though