The New Patch DD Celebration thread!

I dont think i have ever done it not carrying people through it tbh...

Well I invite at wave 10 if people need the achieve.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.. havent done that yet since I havent had much time. However in the time I had I found how to change the starting survival wave. Switched from 28 to 32. Another very easy change.

haxor

I have been gone 5 minutes and this is what happens.

bump for DD1

haxor

bump for DD1

See what happens when you leave dd behind?

haxor

bump for DD1

See what happens when you leave dd behind?

If only I could push the changes to DD outside the DDDK. It is not much fun running inside the DDDK. It is slow and crashes alot on me.

Definitely not trying to offend anyone but the financial cost of this may be in the thousands of dollars range. I have a friend who works at Blizzard and have asked him to take a look at this game and give me a general consensus as to the state of the game and what could be done with what already exists. Now I have not heard back from Josh yet, and I'm slightly hesitant to take this any further until I do. I have also asked him to put me in touch with any Trendy employee who may want to get behind this with us.

I know there are quite a few dieharders here, but at $30, and maybe even $100 per person it still may not be possible. If I could get some kind of idea from Trendy as to an actual cost it would be much easier to formulate and put into effect a strategy to move forward. At this point I believe all of our hopes rely on some sort of contact with Trendy. They may decide that this idea is just not for them even if the money was there. If I don't hear back from Josh in a day or two, I might try and contact Trendy directly and present this to them. I do not have an unlimited amount of time to pursue this as I'm a month away from our first child, but will try and move it up the chain as best I can.

If anybody has any questions, ideas, or concerns, feel free to PM me or post here

So here is is the detailed list that I am starting on where to EASILY find the values that I have requested be changed in an update. These are here in case a dev wants to take a look and see how easy it would be to update DD1 to make many faithful fans happy and earn money for Trendy, whether through a kickstarter option or paying for a patch/moonbase DLC.

I am breaking it down by files as I find them to make it easy to find. Several are within the first few lines of code even.

DunDefHeroManager.uc
//Increase Item inventory to 800 or 1000
//line 15 in DDDK files for me

const MAX_ITEM_BOX_EQUIPMENT_ULTIMATE = 1000

//Increase Mana bank limit when selling items from 600 million to 2 billion
//line 19 in DDDK files for me

const MAX_BANKED_MANA = 2000000000;

DunDefGameReplicationInfo.uc
//Change max possible starting wave on survival to 31 or 32 or even 33.
//line 8 in DDDK files for me

const MAX_STARTING_WAVE = 32;

I will add to the list when I get another 5 minutes or more to dig into it. Many of these changes are not hard and would greatly benefit the players and Trendy.

So here is is the detailed list that I am starting on where to EASILY find the values that I have requested be changed in an update. These are here in case a dev wants to take a look and see how easy it would be to update DD1 to make many faithful fans happy and earn money for Trendy, whether through a kickstarter option or paying for a patch/moonbase DLC.

I am breaking it down by files as I find them to make it easy to find. Several are within the first few lines of code even.

DunDefHeroManager.uc
//Increase Item inventory to 800 or 1000
//line 15 in DDDK files for me

const MAX_ITEM_BOX_EQUIPMENT_ULTIMATE = 1000

//Increase Mana bank limit when selling items from 600 million to 2 billion
//line 19 in DDDK files for me

const MAX_BANKED_MANA = 2000000000;

DunDefGameReplicationInfo.uc
//Change max possible starting wave on survival to 31 or 32 or even 33.
//line 8 in DDDK files for me

const MAX_STARTING_WAVE = 32;

I will add to the list when I get another 5 minutes or more to dig into it. Many of these changes are not hard and would greatly benefit the players and Trendy.

btw Trendy, I would personally pay $20 for those changes alone and it would take one person less than 5 minutes to do. Sadly I would probably need an updated DDDK for a couple of the previous changes I listed. However if you can get that to me, I will gladly dig through it, do all the research and point your dev to the right location to make the changes. This saves on your dev costs and keeps them almost exclusively on DD2 dev work. This could be coffee break work if your devs even get that much of a break. :)

I must say excellent work there ddace :) I certianly would love to know from Trendy what in The world could be so hard expensive or time consuming to change a few variables in the games code and release a map that exists already. Likewise the map would probably require virtually no changes to be released in ranked either. The whole we aren't doing it to focus on dde/dd2 because of money/time/blah blah is moot now. The awesome DD community has even done the work for you Trendy, will do the work for you if given the oppritunity. How in the world this would not benefit Trendy is beyond me.

I must say excellent work there ddace :) I certianly would love to know from Trendy what in The world could be so hard expensive or time consuming to change a few variables in the games code and release a map that exists already. Likewise the map would probably require virtually no changes to be released in ranked either. The whole we aren't doing it to focus on dde/dd2 because of money/time/blah blah is moot now. The awesome DD community has even done the work for you Trendy, will do the work for you if given the oppritunity. How in the world this would not benefit Trendy is beyond me.

I will say if a dev has only looked at DD2 code and not looked at DD1 code, then it is probably just as difficult for them to do it as it is us. However if there is one that has played with the DD1 code before it should be even quicker than me doing it. Either way though, I will be happy to do the leg work and point a dev to the areas of suggested changes.

Just a question for the vets here; I recently had someone in my shop trade me for my coal, when I told him it would be 24 Billion for 2 Coal, he gave me 12 (2 Billion mana) tokens. I have no idea how he did this. I'm just asking how he did this because and I can't, and recurrent requests in an update is the ability of making 2 Billion mana tokens. How did this guy make them?

Just a question for the vets here; I recently had someone in my shop trade me for my coal, when I told him it would be 24 Billion for 2 Coal, he gave me 12 (2 Billion mana) tokens. I have no idea how he did this. I'm just asking how he did this because and I can't, and recurrent requests in an update is the ability of making 2 Billion mana tokens. How did this guy make them?

As far as I know, the only way to make them is hacking. I traded coal one time and got 2bil mana tokens. I thought it was the best thing ever. So sad when someone told me it wasnt possible. It makes things so easy. I think I still used it to upgrade my accs though at the time. It was hard to waste that mana.

9 friends in DD
3 in DDE

bump (not even sure what I am bumping for now)

It was a DD1 is still awesome bump.

9 friends in DD
3 in DDE

bump (not even sure what I am bumping for now)

cause your missing dd bump:) dont forget how many times athletes come outta retirement. just saying

cause your missing dd bump:) dont forget how many times athletes come outta retirement. just saying

True. Playing DD is almost like a professional sport. :). And you can't let us Americans have all the fun.

True. Playing DD is almost like a professional sport. :). And you can't let us Americans have all the fun.

international dd love bumpage. if only we had a moonbase to party in:(

Technically you can party in open bump

And we have. But most people still live in ranked so it would be nice to have it all in one place