The New Patch DD Celebration thread!

This thread is intended to see how many people still actively play DD and want Trendy to know how much we still would like to see the original game patched and at the very least get the additional ranked content promised us in the "Map contest 3"

http://forums.dungeondefenders2.com/showthread.php?102846-And-the-Map-Contest-3-winners-are

A while back the question was posed as to what we as a community would like to see fixed or added to DD in these threads:

http://forums.dungeondefenders2.com/showthread.php?111329-Last-Call-Making-Changes-to-DD1

http://forums.dungeondefenders2.com/showthread.php?112644-Last-Call-Making-Additional-Changes-to-DD1

There were lots of really good ideas to enhance DD and fix some known issues with the game that so many of us love so much. Of course there are some that no doubt will be impossible to implement or fix but others for sure have got to be doable. It would be good as well to let Trendy know that "you" still want the game given the attention it so rightly deserves to make it better and whether or not you would be willing to fork over some dough for it, I know I would :)

Also some seem to not like older, not old or dead threads being posted in, so lets use a new thread to let it be known that we want Etheria to be the best it can be. Sound off with your take on the issue and offer up any new ideas for whatever else you would like to see added or fixed in DD.

A few things that would be nice to be seen fixed in DD: (From a post by ddace :) See page 3 Post 30 this thread Trendy )
Easy Fixes That should take hardly any effort to address
All together I would bet these would take less than a day to fix, probably even less than an hour but not completely sure.
-Increase mana bank limit to 2 billion when selling gear
-Ability to make 2 billion mana token
-Increase shop and Inventory space for when you get all achievements
-Add Pristine armor as possible reward for Lab Assault
-Ability to start on level 33 of survival
-Fix the "Get" button link for Tinker's Lab DLC. It currently points to Etherian Holiday I believe and confuses many new people thinking that have the right DLC already.
-Replace outdated info when loading DD with links to helpful parts of the forum.

And here is a link to a petition for trendy to add MoonBase and possibly some minor fixes/additions requested by the community(excellent idea CPAXE97 :) )

https://www.change.org/p/dungeon-defenders-trendy-patch-update-dungeon-defenders?just_created=true

And finally we have Triumphed! Thank you to all Defenders who just would not let this go, rest now for we will need all our energy soon to vanquish new foes in the low gravity of Moonbase (actually old foes in a new ranked environment :) ) The release of even more content also is something to look forward to, I for one cannot wait. For those who may not read the main page here is the "Nifty News" we have been waiting so long for:

Greetings Defenders,

As we teased last week, we have an exciting announcement to share with you: We are hard at work on two more free updates to Dungeon Defenders! After these updates, it’s our goal to pass the torch onto you and give the community the tools to update Dungeon Defenders.

The first update is planned to be released onto a public beta branch in late May. It will include some of the bug fixes and quality of life changes requested by you, and finally put Moonbase where it rightfully belongs -- in Ranked. The second update will be a free content update, partially made by the community! To assist, we are actively seeking community members who are interested in contributing to this patch. If you’re interested, please contact Acen, who has volunteered to help us get the team off the ground.

After this, we will be assisting this team and you to release future updates. There are already many of you crafting unique creations for Dungeon Defenders every day, and we’re excited to give you a path to get these officially released into Ranked. 

The Dungeon Defenders community is filled with passionate, talented, dedicated people. While many of you have already visited Dragonfall and rebuilt your defenses, you mean everything to us and we want to set up a future where you can always revisit the original in all its glory.

Sincerely,

The Trendy Team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumpsy Daisy!
I would like to hear a maybe, yes, or no. Even if it is a flat out NO, we can move on and get the idea out of our heads. Since there hasn't been a 100% definite NO, makes me think something might be planned? Who knows.

Am I an active DD1 player? No, but a patch would certainly bring me back into the game. DDE may be good for some, but I think the majority of the community would have preferred some DD1 patch work.
Mostly, I just want an answer from Trendy!

sigh, trendy needs to make a sub-forum called: for those who wants to make a new thread about wanting patch for dd1. I use the "new posts" function on the forum myself, and seeing the same things be said over and over gets tiresome after awhile. Believe me, they have heard your opinions :)

Bumpsy Daisy!
I would like to hear a maybe, yes, or no. Even if it is a flat out NO, we can move on and get the idea out of our heads. Since there hasn't been a 100% definite NO, makes me think something might be planned? Who knows.

considering they said over a year ago that dd1 would not get updated anymore since they wanted to focus completely on dd2 ... i think thats quite definite.

As to a patch I cannot recall a specific concrete statement from any official source that completely ruled out the possibility. Not to mention the post is not wholly about patch news but also Moonbase being brought to ranked which has definitely not been officially confirmed as "not happening" as evidenced by post [[910,hashtags]] by iamisom in the Moonbase release date thread. If seeing threads of this sort is so "tiresome" as you put it, then please feel free to not read them. I too get tired of reading what some post, I do not elude to it in said posts I just skip over them i.e. all posts in the dde section :) Until we do get the "DEFINITIVE" answer as in a big "NO" from Trendy expect more "tiresome" posts to wear you down sir.

Also couldn't find it earlier but remembered reading it :) Check post [[4346,hashtags]] on 03/19/14 by iamisom "Fixes to the game are still planned. I can't give you a specific release date. As soon as I have more information, I'll tell the whole world from atop a mountain. There's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will dance till the sun rises."

So much for the "they said over a year ago that DD would not get updated anymore" business.

considering they said over a year ago that dd1 would not get updated anymore since they wanted to focus completely on dd2 ... i think thats quite definite.

actually around a year ago moonbase won the ranked map competition. And read the last call threads. They state they might patch it. Idk why ppl would harass us for wanting more maps in DD and some fixes alot of ppl desired.

sigh, trendy needs to make a sub-forum called: for those who wants to make a new thread about wanting patch for dd1. I use the "new posts" function on the forum myself, and seeing the same things be said over and over gets tiresome after awhile. Believe me, they have heard your opinions :)

Sigh, Trendy needs to make a sub forum called "for those who have nothing positive to contribute to a thread and want to rain on others parades with useless opinions".
We would simply like a response from a Trendy employee not someone who simply plays DD.

Sigh, Trendy needs to make a sub forum called "for those who have nothing positive to contribute to a thread and want to rain on others parades with useless opinions".
We would simply like a response from a Trendy employee not someone who simply plays DD.

i also think trendy should answer it. But in all honesty, if the same thing is said over and over, at one point, it becomes spam, doesnt it?

i also think trendy should answer it. But in all honesty, if the same thing is said over and over, at one point, it becomes spam, doesnt it?

Similar to all the spam complaints over on the DDE forums?

On topic: We are just looking for some answers for a game that many of us still love.

Hill-harry-us....

Whilst we are waiting for Trendy to say "no", I think it would be an interesting to discuss the business case for not wanting to say "no" at this point in time. It is pretty clear the answer is "No", and we know someone at Trendy knows about these threads. So the obvious conclusion is that they don't want to say "No" at this point in time. So why could that be? [NOTE: The best answer gets credit towards their MBA]

A patch would be nice...and an answer would be nice from Trendy...but I don't see us really getting either of them at this point. They are working on "recreating" dungeon defenders with DDE. The issue is its a complete recreation and that will surely put off a section of DD fans. Their best bet would be to create a patch with moonbase as a DLC that most people that are diehard DD fans would probably buy. Its been put out there by the community multiple times.

On the other side of the coin, DDE could be a very good game when it is all said and done, and multiple people, even new people will join the community and/or stay in it because of DDE.

Hill-harry-us....

Whilst we are waiting for Trendy to say "no", I think it would be an interesting to discuss the business case for not wanting to say "no" at this point in time. It is pretty clear the answer is "No", and we know someone at Trendy knows about these threads. So the obvious conclusion is that they don't want to say "No" at this point in time. So why could that be? [NOTE: The best answer gets credit towards their MBA]

I would have to assume that they do not want to upset the "hardcore dd fans". However that is just a stupid idea the more I think about it. All of them have either gotten bored of the game and left, got mad about dde and left, or strongly dislike the way trendys new games are progressing and are greatly loosing intrest and hope in any future games they make. So that leaves us with time. This also does not seem like a good excuse to me. Most of us would be satisfied with just getting moonbase on ranked. Moonbase is already made and is a map that the community loves. It also does not seem to have any major glitches in it from what I can see. So that leaves us with the dde fans. Everyone who plays dde is sitting around waiting for things to be fixed in the very broken game. So I would have to think that there would be a large number of people who would complain about them working on dd I stead of dde. Another possible answer is they do not want to take attention away from dde because it is basicly and open beta to dd2. And the more time that people spend on dde and talking about it, the more ideas they can have to put into dd2

in all honesty, and i do respect your opinion(you are entitled to it) something becomes spam when it is posted and answered over and over. Not one mod has issued me a warning. i am not trolling/spamming. i am trying to get ppl to voice their opinions. If one trendy employee/rep would answer this, it would be the last of it. i play both dd and dde. I bought three copies for the xbox so me my kids and woman could all play. I bought @ 4 copies of dd for pc so me my friend and my kids could play. i own dde, and plan on buying at least another copy for my kids to play. i didnt get it in a bumble bundle. I am not a "wealthy" person and invested alot of my hard earned money into this game. I deserve an answer, as does every single person who has asked or not. Were we promised a patch? yes cause that was the whole premise of the map making contest. Could u imagine the hours spent by these map makers trying to win this contest, and to the winner how bad it must suck to not have this happen? at the very least i feel he/she is entitled to an answer. but no, we just get belittled by our fellow dd gamers.

Well if they haven't been working on a Patch for DD1, then what? I can't see anything else coming out of them, until at least next year.

And i don't think DDE actually counts as something.

I for one would love to see a patch along with the Moonbase release.

You ask who still plays DD:
o/

You ask whi would like to see Moonbase:
o/

You ask who would like to see a patch:
o/

I think you may be asking who would pay for wither Moonbase and or patch:

o/

I do play DD a lot less now though.

The wife and myself are still active DD players on seperate accounts and would both like to see a patch, both willing to pay for it.

Moonbase would for sure be nice.

If posible a fix for char loss, now that Trendy dosnt restore chars anymore, it's more importend then ever to us atleast.

The way Trendy so far have ignored the DD community, while not releasing moonbase and at the same time stopping char restoration, while having left a bug like that with the game for so long without a fix, are the main reasons why we have gone from wanting to buy DD2, to not buying DD2 or DDE and recommending others to stay clear of Trendy.

This mess is really disappointing and Trendy could have done so much better.

Moonbase and some fixes for DD would for sure help in restoring our faith in Trendy.

I stopped playing when DDE came out. A patch certainly would make me come back. Even if its cost something. DDE was (IMO) a big gunfire in their own feet. I saw alot of players who stopped playing because of DDE, they are slowly losing their community, because of their bad moves after bad moves