With the release of Dungeon Defenders Eternity, Trendy has slapped all its loyal customers right in the face. I believe that the only reason that Trendy will not release a final patch for Dungeon Defenders is because they would be unable to charge a fee for it. Therefore, what we are left with is what I would consider an appeasement offering in order to make customers stick around for DD2....and I'm sure everyone has noticed that this offering needed to be paid for. This is completely unacceptable in my opinion. I have purchased this game in full with all DLC twice for PS3, twice for PC, an once for XBox 360. I believe that this constitutes more than enough financial support from one customer. I am definitely not alone in my love for this game and willingness to pay full dollar for it. I know of many on this forum who own multiple copies of this game. If Trendy is in financial disarray, and we all know they are, it comes from their end and not from the consumers.

Why in the heck would I want to start all over again in order to reap the benefits of something I have already paid for? This is completely ridiculous in my opinion. I, and I'm sure may others would have happily paid a few dollars more for a patch to make an already great game even better. So instead what am I left with? I already see many of the people on my friends list playing Eternity. Seems like I am being passively forced to pay more, make the switch and start over again. From what I've heard, read, and people I've talked to, DDE is an incomplete buggy game as well. Does this make sense to anybody?

I would like an definitive answer from Trendy as to their intentions for a final patch to Dungeon Defenders. I mean that's what the Last Call thread is all about right? I do not like being strung along and I'm sure others don't as well. That thread has many wonderful suggestions that have gone completely ignored by Trendy and it's employees. I would like to know why that is?

At his point, I'm pretty unsure if I will ever load up Dungeon Defenders again. Loyalty is a sure thing to make anything successful, and as it stands, Trendy has lost a lot of respect from me with their constant ignorance pertaining to the original game. Changes need to be made, and not only with the game. Do the right thing Trendy. If you don't, you will lose me as a customer. Maybe others as well.

This thread is in no way a violation of the forum rules. http://forums.dungeondefenders2.com/showthread.php?95246-Forum-Rules I have read them thoroughly.

6€/$/£ ain't so bad.. At least there shouldn't be hackers in game anymore. And a lot completely reworked improvements. Take it as one more DLC (which couldn't anyhow be implemented in main game, because so much was done from scratch) :P

I do totally agree with Pb. To be honnest, I would have paid up to 30$ to see a patch on dd1. DDE is a big slap in the face for me too. I'll continue playing DD personally, since it's still my favorite game. But Trend wont receive anymore money from me. On any of their other games. In any future of this company, I wont pay one more cent. Except if its for DD1. I mean, why I would spend my money on a company that actually dont really listen to what players say. I mean, yes, most peoples like DDE actually, because its new. But the players that have been playing this game for a year, for 2 years, or like me and some other player, since the beginning, the fact that we were waiting for some new thing on dd1, and we was getting as answer "We do not have times/money to patch it" when they actually had times/money to create a whole new game, with some of the content that we were waiting for on dd1. Like moonbase. We are now waiting for this map for over a year. They added it to DDE, yup. But still did'nt released it on dd1. And the FACT that they did released it on DDE, mean that its not really hard to actually release the map. They made a post to ask us what peoples was wanting to get. on DD1! All peoples answered with the hope in mind that those thing will be made on dd1. But at the place of this, they made a new game with what we were waiting for on DD1!!! with some random bad concept (IMO, if peoples enjoy it like this, I'm glad for you, but IMO no private tavern, a crappy item box, when the first one was perfect, and alot of other littles factors of crappyness, DDE was a bad move from Trendy. Personally, alot of peoples around me asked me if DDE was worth to be bought. I told them what was the new content, without telling them my opinion, for not influence them. They all decided to dont buy it. And then I told them that they made a good decision. I'm sorry Trendy. Sorry. I supported you for over 2 years and half. Spended over 130$ on this game (the whole game on PC with all dlc's twice, without any bundle deals, the game on ps3 when its was full priced, all the dlc's of ps3, and the game on mobile). I'm done. I would have gladly spent another 100$ and maybe more if Trendy was actually listenning to their fan. DD1 was, and probably will be, my favorite game ever. So just abandonning it like this by only throwing us another game that we did'nt desire in the face, is an ofense to all the times we spent playing dd1. I might slowly stop playing dd1, and even don't play dd2. But I'm sad. I'm sad that I'm at this point with this company. I always loved the way you treated us, I always supported you when some of my friend were trying to take you down. But now, I have to agree with them. Unless we get some new thing on DD1, I'm done with this company. DD1 is your baby, your kid. And now that this kid dont give you more money, you just abandon it. So yeah. I'm sad that you abandonned us, your fidele DD1 players. Trendy..... What has happenned to your "we love our community" ? DDE is 50/50 actually. Some peoples defend it and love it. But some other are just offended of it, and I'm part of that 50%. I know that 50% is a random number, I didnt really calculated all peoples who wasnt loving the game and who was loving it. But you can see on each forum post about DDE almost equal negative than positive post. I even think that I see more negative posts. So yeah. You just decived around 50% of your community. Maybe more. So I ask it again trendy, where is your "we love our community" ?

I agree with both oil and pb.... I would rather pay for a patch on dd1 then pay for a whole seperate game and start all over again.... although DDE does seem like a good game and is loved by many people I for one don't have any plans on buying it..... I would rather see a patch on dd1 since imma continue to play it

Calm down, also discussion about DDE would be probably better at the DDE board.

However, I was bummed as I played DDE first. I really had different expectations, so I got disappointed like almost all. I slept a night and I got invited by friends to play with, and what should I say. We sorted out a lot of confusing stuff, leveled and geared up our heroes simultaneously and had fun.

It seems to be a 'milking' their loyal customers but take it as a new 'DLC'. DDE contains new features, new maps, new progression (til now there is no gap people always complaint about on DD1), new secure servers with server-side item generation and even more.

I truly think this 6€/$ doesn't hurt that much for all the work they have done. Keep in mind that most of you wanted a release of DD2 and DDE is definitely a bridge between DD1 and DD2. There is no way better to get prepared for DD2 except you have a council seat.

Again I don't say that everything is good on DDE but my first impression has been changed after a few hours playing with friends.

Yeah, I'm fine with paying some cash. I think it might even be better as a separate game. I kind of wanted to start over anyway. And it's only $6. Can't beat that. I'm downloading it now.

DD1 is your baby, your kid. And now that this kid dont give you more money, you just abandon it. So yeah. I'm sad that you abandonned us, your fidele DD1 players.

Some people need a reality check. Trendy is a profit oriented company. Like any other company they don't give two ****s about you unless it makes them profit in some way.
DD1 runs on an outdated unsecure platform. Abandoning it is for the best imho.

This is not about the cost. $6 is really nothing to me. It's about Trendy's inability to meet the demands of their customer base. I would think being such a small company, with a fairly low volume of customers, that they would take into consideration what the basis of supply and demand are. This cannot be thought of as another DLC. It simply is not. If it were, I would be able to use my characters from DD that I have spent a few hundred hours levelling and gearing up.

Trendy, why was DDE released ad DD not patched? I would like an answer

I'm glad I gave away all my stuff from the original game as it made it so much easier to jump into DDE. I know I wouldn't have returned to DD1 regardless of any patch, but the anti-hacking and some other stuff got me interested enough in DDE to try it out.

I can definitely see why it'd suck for the rest of you though. I'd probably be rather pissed if I still played DD1 myself as DDE steals away the majority of its community.

I can definitely see why it'd suck for the rest of you though. I'd probably be rather pissed if I still played DD1 myself as DDE steals away the majority of its community.

Yeah. It has definitely taken many away from DD1. While there are bright spots to DDE, it definitely is not the same game and cannot be considered a DLC or a solution to the Last Call Thread that many were hoping for. Now they have 2 competing games that look alike but are way different and fit different play styles. This is not a problem though if we could also get an update to the game we love to play still.

I agree with Oli and PB. I really want DD1 back!

Some people need a reality check. Trendy is a profit oriented company. Like any other company they don't give two ****s about you unless it makes them profit in some way.

To reply to this, I bought dlc so I could play online with friends on a new map. The reason games are made to play online is because us humans are naturally social. We WANT to play with other people, and if everyone happens to be playing dlc maps (which people were doing at the time and I felt left out), then you will buy the dlc maps too.

Point is, if Trendy enables online gameplay through a patch/update, then Trendy could actually make a profit since I have noticed a bunch of new players.

P.S. @Trendy - Can you also track down weapon modders and somehow delete mods plz? Thx :)

Why Trendy?

I agree with Oli and PB. I really want DD1 back!

To reply to this, I bought dlc so I could play online with friends on a new map. The reason games are made to play online is because us humans are naturally social. We WANT to play with other people, and if everyone happens to be playing dlc maps (which people were doing at the time and I felt left out), then you will buy the dlc maps too.

Point is, if Trendy enables online gameplay through a patch/update, then Trendy could actually make a profit since I have noticed a bunch of new players.

P.S. @Trendy - Can you also track down weapon modders and somehow delete mods plz? Thx :)

Well, I think that you'r talking about console when you talk about modders and disabled online gameplay. On this, Trendy can't do anything and I understood this part. Patch a game on console when you have certain restrictions from the console's creators is really hard and actually cost alot. The fact that the console part is dead is sad, since I first started playing there. But I accepted this part. Why PB and me were complaining is the fact that we are waiting for stuff that Trendy promised on pc over a year ago, and with the creation of DDE, its almost a confirmation that we wont ever get it. That's why we take it as a slap in the face, because at the place of giving players what they want, they just created another things, showing us that they actually had the times/money to patch dd1 if they actually really wanted to. But they did'nt. So their argument of "we dont have times/money to patch dd1" is now dead. They have no excuse of not having patching dd1.

Why Trendy?

Well, I think that you'r talking about console when you talk about modders and disabled online gameplay. On this, Trendy can't do anything and I understood this part. Patch a game on console when you have certain restrictions from the console's creators is really hard and actually cost alot. The fact that the console part is dead is sad, since I first started playing there. But I accepted this part. Why PB and me were complaining is the fact that we are waiting for stuff that Trendy promised on pc over a year ago, and with the creation of DDE, its almost a confirmation that we wont ever get it. That's why we take it as a slap in the face, because at the place of giving players what they want, they just created another things, showing us that they actually had the times/money to patch dd1 if they actually really wanted to. But they did'nt. So their argument of "we dont have times/money to patch dd1" is now dead. They have no excuse of not having patching dd1.

Well they definitely couldn't have easily patched some thing in dd1. The balance and the hacking would be too involved. However there were definitely others things we would have still love to seen updated and could have been rather quickly.

To me, the two most important factors is that they can prevent hackers on Playverse, and the profit they'd make. Let's face it, Trendy is running low on money, so they needed to release something profitable. Yes, they didn't have the money to patch dd1, but had the money to remaster it, add a bunch of cool features, and release it as a seperate game, because they knew they would make a huge PROFIT. I was near the end of my career for dd1. Personally, fixing a few bugs and adding moonbase wouldn't have made my stay at dd1 much longer. Amulets/pet abilites/the rebalances/etc. have really refreshed my DD experience more than any patch on dd1 could ever do.

Well, I think I'm officially done with Dungeon Defenders and Trendy. I do have quite a bit of fairly high end gear that I'm not real sure what to do with. I may give it all to one person to give away....thinking maybe of you Acen, but will figure that out in the near future. Although my run on PC was fairly short I have had the pleasure of immersing myself in a wonderful community and meeting some truly amazing and generous people along the way. Thanks go out to the Freeruns group for helping me get started, the Item Checking Group for helping me with my auctions, and all those who have lent their time and expertise to me along the way. You are the people that helped makes this game so very special for me.

I still don't get the issue. At least not in this high tier people claim about. If you don't like DDE, why would you think DD1 would have been updated better than DDE?

I truly think that it was better to release a new game with that much of changes than probably slapping their customers in the face and perform such changes on customers baby - DD1. The claim would have been gigantic.

Now you can choose, which 'system' do you prefer. All the bugs you have experienced was there for years and you learned to life with them even with the ones which causes crashes. People do not understand that those changes definitely would have hurt much more players of DD1.

EDIT:
I'm sure that I'm not done with DD1, its just much more fun currently on DDE than the always same grind of the last months on DD1.

I still don't get the issue. At least not in this high tier people claim about. If you don't like DDE, why would you think DD1 would have been updated better than DDE?

DDE does not play like DD1. They dont feel the same and key features have been taken out. That is why it is not as fun for me. I am not interested in farming artifacts or random loot that drops. I love map and boss rewards. I miss WW, SN, ToL and SoL on DDE.

As for changes, I am not expecting much actually. I know they cant fix the hacking or possibly rebalance towers. That was not a big thing for me. Here are things they could easily do though.

- Release the promised Moonbase. This is a map created for DD1. Why not finally release it? It is already made. Plus it would just be extra money for them when people buy it. Win Win.
- Fix mana bomb glitch on CD. (can still live with it by fix if possible)
- Increase mana token and bank limit to 2bil
- Replace advertisements when loading with links to helpful parts of the forum. The Dun Def Digest link didnt work for me at all. Would be nice to see a link to the guides section, especially Daniel Sounds guide. I dont think we need the community events link anymore.
- Fix the "Get" button link for Tinker's Lab DLC. It currently points to Etherian Holiday I believe and confuses many new people thinking that have the right DLC already.
- Tavern Dummy showing NM dps when NM is selected (can live without but would be nice)
- Lock All/Unlock All Button
- Add pristine armor as a reward on Lab Assault
- Provide link to forums when loading the game
- Increase shop and Inventory space for when you get all achievements.
- Update DDDK
- ULT++ items should have a minimum of 370-400 upgrades.

Most of this should be fairly minor I think but would go a long way to polishing DD1 for the final time. I think it is great that people have DDE to enjoy as well. I just would like to see DD1 get the final update with some of these.

I know your feeling and I agree basically. It is just hard to pick randomly ones of all suggestion which were made. Whatever they do it will be wrong for a lot of users because they will argue like 'Why x but not y'.

For me it would be the game breaking ones, so only the Mana Bomb crash from your list and the missing 'Hero Info' Button at the pause menu.

However, I just dislike how some people react.

I know your feeling and I agree basically. It is just hard to pick randomly ones of all suggestion which were made. Whatever they do it will be wrong for a lot of users because they will argue like 'Why x but not y'.

For me it would be the game breaking ones, so only the Mana Bomb crash from your list and the missing 'Hero Info' Button at the pause menu.

However, I just dislike how some people react.

I would take those too. I could actually live without these fixes as you mentioned. We have been playing with the bugs for so long already. However I do think Moonbase was and is something that should still be released since it won a DD1 contest. I would just like to see a few additional updates in addition to that since they shouldnt be difficult.

Calm down, also discussion about DDE would be probably better at the DDE board.

However, I was bummed as I played DDE first. I really had different expectations, so I got disappointed like almost all. I slept a night and I got invited by friends to play with, and what should I say. We sorted out a lot of confusing stuff, leveled and geared up our heroes simultaneously and had fun.

It seems to be a 'milking' their loyal customers but take it as a new 'DLC'. DDE contains new features, new maps, new progression (til now there is no gap people always complaint about on DD1), new secure servers with server-side item generation and even more.

I truly think this 6€/$ doesn't hurt that much for all the work they have done. Keep in mind that most of you wanted a release of DD2 and DDE is definitely a bridge between DD1 and DD2. There is no way better to get prepared for DD2 except you have a council seat.

Again I don't say that everything is good on DDE but my first impression has been changed after a few hours playing with friends.

Eagle, I don't disagree with you or PB, however I understand & agree where PB is coming from.

Here is my reasoning

#1 - http://forums.dungeondefenders2.com/showthread.php?111329-Last-Call-Making-Changes-to-DD1

#2 - http://forums.dungeondefenders2.com/showthread.php?112644-Last-Call-Making-Additional-Changes-to-DD1

If these threads were never started in the first place, or were titled "what would you like to see in a new release" or something along those lines then DDE would have been much more easier to accept.

Posting of those threads by Trendy then not delivering is basically lying, which I personally find rude, pathetic, dishonorable and cowardly. (Sorry I really loathe liers.)

Now if they follow up with a statement saying if they will/will not patch DD1 I think that would be big of them at least and upfront & honest.

As for one of your later posts, about the amount of bugs/wishes people had, I agree with you, that a lot of that would be impossible to do. However all Trendy would have to do is make a big list, and take the items that were called out the most and make a top 20 most critical or whatever list, then if that was not doable repost and say we can do 10 of these item listed, please vote. Take those selections & done & done.

Another thing they could have done, is just come out and say they are hurting financially and say, instead of making a patch call it a service pack or an upgrade and have a vote if people are will to pay $6 or whatever for it. (I know I would have, and I would have for the other 7 copies that I purchased for buddies)

I just think those posts about changes to DD1 got everyone's hopes up and was deceitful at the same time, and that there could have been many other ways that Trendy could have handled it.

I do agree with PB that Trendy should come forth and give an official response to the DD1 patch threads to save face at least. Especially since they apparently had the time and resources to remake an entire game!!

Now having said all that, for their staff compliment and budget I do think they accomplished something to be proud of, and do a good job listening to feedback from players, etc. etc.

I just hope they put out an official statement regarding the DD1 "last minute changes" threads and whether some of the bugs/glitches/extra's are still on the table or not, and a timeline. Which could possibly be awhile since there will be a ton of new bugs/issues with DDE in the near future.

I was going to play DDE so I could make new videos for my youtube channel. For some reason I thought my character progress would be transferred but since it doesnt I dont feel like starting all over again. They could have patched the original DD and give the new maps for money as DLC... New tavern is bull**** too.. I dont want people in my tavern who summon everything to make your life miserable when checking inventory.

Been playing DDE for a week now, and for anyone who has not made the plunge yet. Just don't... it has so many problems right now it isn't even funny. No testing, no promises kept aside from hacking possibly being dealt with. Their servers you are always connected to are very laggy, so even while playing solo you get very annoying spikes quite often. Their new hour long survival set up doesn't save progress so if you crash or server is taken down, you lose it all... also looting is an issue with so much of it disappearing in less than a minute.

No hosting of private taverns, no kicking leechers. They stripped so much out of DD1 that made is interesting.. like challenges and survival giving rewards. Instead you get perma stat rewards that are minor at best, even having done 8 of them so far, I've gained nothing that would make a difference :\ CD gives no reward anymore either. Wondering where to farm certain weapon types now? No fear... they drop from every enemy on any map at any given time. Pets are the same now.. they drop as eggs and can turn into anything no matter the area you obtained it from. There may be some exceptions to that one, but so far it doesn't seem like it.

Been playing DDE for a week now as well, was bummed first but I can deal with the changes and it is a good game. Will I spent another 4k hours into it? No, too similar.

Was 6 bucks worth the week til yet? Yes a lot. Watching a movie at the cinema or drinking 2 beer at the bar is more pricey than the time I've had with DDE til yet.

Just wanted to chime in with my experience so far. It's pretty similar to what others in this thread are saying. I found DDE too buggy and clunky to be a good gaming experience. Also losing all my character progression and having to start all over again is not very appealing.

I feel like Trendy made a huge mistake with releasing DDE. There is no way this stuff should have been released as a new game. I would have had no problem paying two or three times the cost of DDE for more DD1 content.. Bad move Trendy, this has done permanent damage to your reputation.

At least trendy have given us an answer, and lets be honest here they could have easily not addressed anything that was brought up in those threads from way back.

And who knows, maybe trendy need extra funds for the further production for dd2, or they wanted to test the dd2 engine on dde.

And its pretty much established now that the hacking problem can't be fixed, unless they started fresh.

Like I said before, it was probably easier to make a new game than repair the old one.