Sign in to follow this  
thenameisme

Just why??

Just why??

Yes. There are others that can't beat it and love to see what it is like. So they join to see others build and get carried. I am sure some would like to help and think they can at least a little bit.

When I was new I always like joining NMHC maps just to see what it was like and wanted to see what it took to beat those maps. I figured since it was open that I could join. Many times I got kicked and didn't know why. Couple people finally took the time to explain it to me for which I am very grateful. Explaining what people need or why they can't join is a lot more helpful than just kicking.

Now I host pubs with friends to do just that. We point them to the forums and certain guides to help them understand what it takes to get better and do what we do.

Yes. There are others that can't beat it and love to see what it is like. So they join to see others build and get carried. I am sure some would like to help and think they can at least a little bit.

When I was new I always like joining NMHC maps just to see what it was like and wanted to see what it took to beat those maps. I figured since it was open that I could join. Many times I got kicked and didn't know why. Couple people finally took the time to explain it to me for which I am very grateful. Explaining what people need or why they can't join is a lot more helpful than just kicking.

Now I host pubs with friends to do just that. We point them to the forums and certain guides to help them understand what it takes to get better and do what we do.

I tried to explained it to them first, but most of them didn't answer. I think most of them didn't speak English.
But a room in which 3 people are hoping to get carried by the others doesn't work. Especially if the 4th person can't complete it on his own too. I can either attack the boss or hold the defense, not both at the same time.

Just why??

I agree. That is not a winning combo. I would suggest if you want a little help to find someone you can regularly play with or jump in one of the steam groups. You are welcome to ask for some help holding defenses in there and I am sure someone would be willing to help.

I am with ddace on helping ppl run maps. I always speak to ppl when I host pubs, I always tell ppl that don't reply that it is polite to speak when spoken to and if nothing they get the boot :) I dont bother trying to explain to ppl that say nothing. As ddace says the groups linked in his sig there are most likely many that would be willing to help ya out.

Now we're on the topic of getting kicked...

The last map of the original campaign I need to do on NMHC is Summit. I could not do it alone because Djinns and Goblin Copters were wrecking my Defense while I was slaying the dragon.

So I hosted a public room for it I named it 'Summit NMHC' so people would know it was Hardcore. But apparently people think it is 'okay' to join a game like that with only 5% generic resistance and 20K health on Nightmare. I kicked over 15 people that joined the room. I gave a chance to some of them but most just died in the first 30 seconds of a wave usually by taking just a getting hit by only 2 projectiles. After that I just kicked anyone with a generic damage resistance below 40% or with less than 50K health. I don't care about your damage if you die in the first 30 seconds of a wave.

Are they just hoping to get carried or something? If you know you can't play NM why do you join a room and make it more difficult for the 3 others?

I had someone join a wave25+ nmhc tav defense with no armor on (at all) and a 20k damage weapon claiming he could one shot everything. (also, he had level up stats spent spread through hero stats claiming he could move at "full speed" with 100 hero speed and didn't need armor because of that) Needless to say, finding a 4th person that day took about 40 kicks of people with -10 - 40% resists (yes, some had negative). Most of the time I don't even make my games public because it takes more time weeding through the people who want to be carried than doing it solo. Don't feel bad about kicking those people. If and when I ever let them stay, they are almost always dead within 5 seconds of wave start.

I had someone join a wave25+ nmhc tav defense with no armor on (at all) and a 20k damage weapon claiming he could one shot everything. (also, he had level up stats spent spread through hero stats claiming he could move at "full speed" with 100 hero speed and didn't need armor because of that) Needless to say, finding a 4th person that day took about 40 kicks of people with -10 - 40% resists (yes, some had negative). Most of the time I don't even make my games public because it takes more time weeding through the people who want to be carried than doing it solo. Don't feel bad about kicking those people. If and when I ever let them stay, they are almost always dead within 5 seconds of wave start.

Sounds a lot like what I had. Although -40% generic resistance is a new record. They did still die after 30 seconds in my game though and it was only Summit. Finding a safe place should not be too hard there. I like playing this game with others but I usually play alone and not with Randoms.

Most of the time I don't even make my games public because it takes more time weeding through the people who want to be carried than doing it solo.

That's the reason why I've quit hosting public games after Trendy has done their 'fix'. I still would love too see if they bring back the 'Hero Info' button at the pause menu and deleting the hotkeys ('I' and 'F'). So users are still not able to use an exploit.

Maybe limit the character level to 83+ or something, it may not help but u will get less people who dont understand the game. Also put ''need resists + dps'' as the name. If i feel like it i would join a game that says they need help with dps. Feel free to add me, if u need help with a boss or just killing mobs i can help if im free.

Maybe limit the character level to 83+ or something, it may not help but u will get less people who dont understand the game. Also put ''need resists + dps'' as the name. If i feel like it i would join a game that says they need help with dps. Feel free to add me, if u need help with a boss or just killing mobs i can help if im free.

Quite a few of those people were past level 80. They just got boosted by someone. On the other hand there are people with characters lower than 80 that did not die every time the wind blew...

Even level 100 guys have no clue about resis nor the game :/

Even level 100 guys have no clue about resis nor the game :/

I'm still unsure how someone can trade his 90% resistance for 40 hero damage. How can you ever think that is worth it?

I'm still unsure how someone can trade his 90% resistance for 40 hero damage. How can you ever think that is worth it?

Because some players want to just jump in and play. They can easily figure out that a higher damage weapon can do more damage but resistances are not self explanatory. It took me a while to understand them when I first started as I hadn't had much experience with building out a character like this in any game edits. Thankfully someone took the time to teach me and pointed me to other resources that explained so much.

Charge rate on a staff was not something I found out about until well into my time in etheria. I still learn new stuff about the game from time to time. There is just so much.

dont take it personal thenameisme. ive gotten kicked for helping, trying to help, giving advice, and just going along with the build. expect it more often since console users are coming to pc now.

I still learn new stuff about the game from time to time.

Yh like that summit jump lol

Yh like that summit jump lol
LOL I guess I know what jump you mean which I've got teached recently by someone else too :D

There were a lot of surprises with my latest guide for me, after countless hours :)

LOL I guess I know what jump you mean which I've got teached recently by someone else too :D

There were a lot of surprises with my latest guide for me, after countless hours :)

Yeah. Love this game.

Now I want to know what this Summit jump is..............